BY MALDON #36 in Salt

Maldon® The Original Sea Salt Flakes.
Estd 1882.
Seasoning with substance.
Loved by chefs the world over.
This salt does not supply iodine, a necessary nutrient. see more...

Jennifer C.
Anaheim
I love this salt! I first discovered it while living in England. Madison is a town in England where this salt is produced so it's very inexpensive there. It's a little pricier in the US but not more than any other "gourmet" salt. The best way to use this salt is to finish a dish. It comes in coarse pyramid shaped flakes that are easy to crumble in your fingers. Don't use it in a grinder because that's a waste of the special texture. I like to sprinkle it on dishes at the end for a little extra saltiness and for some crunch. For Thanksgiving I made a butter-roasted butternut squash and sprinkled it at the end. It was delicious!
Cassandra M.
This is a great sea salt product! Great for seasoning, as the sea salt has a little more mild flavor to me than a regular salt. Also, the flakes are perfect if using on baked good, such as sprinkling on chocolate chip cookies are brownies. Great product!
Derek G.
West Islip, NY
This is by far the best salt to have in your pantry. For the price, I wouldn't use it to season your pasta water, but to top off any part of your meal before serving it, there's nothing better! It also looks great too because the crystals (yes crystals) are so unique and beautiful
Jia M.
Staff
This salt is definitely worth splurging for. It's not your typical table salt. Not only are the crystals beautiful looking (they're pyramid shaped!) but the salt melts perfectly on food - I love to use it to coat a nice steak. It doesn't have an overpowering salt flavor yet elevates the flavor of anything you cook. I usually find this product at my local Whole Foods.
Laurie C.
Windermere, FL
Maldon sea salt is hands down my favorite "crunchy" salt to use for finishing dishes and certain baked goods. Next time you make a chocolate chip cookies pinch a small amount of Maldon sea salt and top the dough just before you pop into the oven. The result is the right blend of sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy.
Nicole O.
This is your average go-to decorative flaky sea salt. It can be found in probably half the kitchens in NYC because it's widely available and consistent on quality! The taste is not too overpowering and allows the other flavors in each dish to shine. Definitely recommend although I would get a regular sea salt as well.
Megan R.
I loved that these were large crunchy flakes. Definitely not meant to be used as just table salt though. I used them in my chocolate chip and sea salt cookies and on my salt crusted beef tenderloin. Both were big hits with guests.
Addie G.
Madison, WI
I use these sea salt flakes everyday at work to top off my homemade focaccia. The flavor and texture of the salt really balances the bread out so well. This is the best finishing salt out there, at a decent price.
Bethany H.
Mcminnville, OR
Great salt for every foodie ! Adds a crunch and brings out the flavor of anything you are making . It's a great finishing salt . Great for a foodie gift . I highly recommend .
Laura Lee G.
Atlanta, GA
Hands down my ALL TIME FAVORITE salt to have on hand for cooking. A chef friend of mine recommended Maldon to me a long time ago, and now it's all I use. I buy mine in bulk from Amazon!
Charlotte W.
Whiting, IN
What is the benefit of using salt flakes over regular salt?
Eileen P.
Hesperia, CA
What's the difference between cooking with this and regular salt
Eileen P.
Hesperia, CA
What's the difference between cooking with this and regular salt
Samantha F.
Staten Island , NY
Sea salt is my favorite. Should I get these? Do they work for a margarita rims?
Ashley M.
Why are these sea salt flakes so special? Does it taste different than other salts?

back