MAKOTO Makoto Ginger Dressing 9 oz uploaded by Shannon F.

BY MAKOTO

Makoto ginger dressing 9 oz see more...

• Is the taste overkill on the ginger? I typical like this ...1 Answers
Mary M.
Amityville, NY
Okay... So It just wasn't what I was expecting. I absolutely LOVE the ginger dressing that I get on my salads at the local Japanese restaurants. They are usually bright tan or yellowish, sweet, gingery, and delicious. When I saw this at my local grocer, I grabbed a bottle thinking it would be the same. It was not!! The first tip-off should have been that while on the store shelf I could see that the dressing, in it's separated state was about 5/6th's dark orangish brown and thick looking with 1/6th at the bottom looking like pure soy sauce. I got it home, gave it a good shake to get it all mixed up. I put about 2 tablespoons worth on my salad. The taste was not light, sweet, gingery, and delicious like I was used to at my local Japanese restaurants. It was a very rich overly soy sauce tasting, and almost with a burnt tasting flavor to it. It was just way too savory. It needed something to sweeten or lighten it up a bit. I honestly couldn't get past the 2nd forkful. I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't happening.  :-(
Rose c.
ellenwood
If you love Benihana ginger salad..this ginger dressing is for you! It’s a little pricey I believe almost $5 bottle but def worth it..it has strong tasty ginger zest to it my fav dressing period and it’s healthier vs ranch or thousands island.
Shannon F.
You know when you go to a Japanese steakhouse and they give you the soup and salad appetizers? I'm in love with the ginger dressing on those salads, so when I found this one, I had to try it! I poured in some pre-made salad, added fruits and veggies, even some chicken and then the dressing on top. It may not be super pleasing to the eye, but man it is to the tastebuds. I'll be going back to the store to get more of this cause I practically use it on every salad I have.
Lauren D.
This has got to be the best dressing next to Japanese hibachi places! I use this for salads and now I have a new love for chicken and vegetables! The flavoring is so good and I buy at least two bottles so I never run out!
Kirsten K.
Toledo, OH
Absolutely the best ginger dressing I’ve ever had. I spent years trying to find a ginger dressing for my salad that tasted like one I had from an amazing Japanese restaurant, and when I finally found this I cried. Silly I know, but it took me years to find this. I just wish the bottle was bigger.
Melanie M.
Fayetteville, NC
Ok, so it doesn't taste horrible in comparison to what I imagined a store bought ginger dressing to taste like, but it also doesn't taste AMAZING either. It's a little on the overly salty side. I prefer my ginger dressing a little sweeter. It doesn't particularly look as appetizing either :/
Alix R.
Centennial, CO
We love this salad dressing and I’m not even a fan of bottled dressings. It’s perfectly seasoned and not too sweet and I love the strong ginger flavor. The ingredients are clean. I love this on a simple green salad, a grilled chicken salad and I use it on my poke too!
Cia P.
Looks like diarrhea, tastes like a dream!
This is sold at Kroger and I've never seen or heard of it before. I love the taste & flavor of ginger. This is a dressing that adds unique flavor! I will say that adding my creamy balsamic vinaigrette makes my salad more flavorful. Maybe I got a bad bottle but this dressing alone doesn't do it for me. Be sure to really shake the bottle before use, there's a large layer of oil at the top

*Edit : I lied, looks & tastes like diarrhea. I tried This dressing on its own today and hated my life shortly after. Luckily for me I only bought the tiny bottle. It's sold in 2 sizes at my Kroger, a large and a small. I'll have to go to a Hibachi grill and see what its supposed to really taste like because as of now Makoto is a no-no!
Ayesha B.
Hyattsville, MD
I add this dressing to my chopped up kale and let me tell you...it is amazing!!!! i believe that the oil from the dressing brightens up the color of the kale as well and softens it up to make is easier to consume. Sometimes i add chicken or fish on top and it is such a great flavor
Hales ✨.
Spring Arbor
Delicious. It’s just like in the store. It is thick and full of flavor. It stays in the fridge and I’ve used it on salads and as dressing. The color is true to picture as well.
Natalie H.
New Albany, IN
Is the taste overkill on the ginger? I typical like this type of dressing in restaurants but am curious how the store brand will taste