BY MAKER'S MARK #30 in Whiskey

• What are some of your favorite cocktails using Maker's Mark?10 Answers
  • How does this compare to buffalo trace? Taste and price wise?2 Answers
  • How does this compare to competitors like Jack Daniels or Jim Beam5 Answers
Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky
  • "When it comes to making a delicious old fashion, whiskey ginger ale, or just whiskey on the rocks this is the whiskey to go with. " in 13 reviews
  • "Maker Marks bourbon whiskey is one of the best on the market.has a slow fantastic taste.it goes down very smooth.it mixes well with any cocktails.Very good product t" in 10 reviews
  • "We often have this in the house and is my husband's top 5 of his favorite whiskeys. " in 8 reviews
  • "It has a very smooth taste and mixes well with any type of soda." in 3 reviews
Monica N.
Parma, OH
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
It's the holidays and you need something to warm you up when the weather drops to 30F and below. Coming from the Midwest, I can appreciate a good bourbon. I'm not a huge brown liquor drinker but I do like it when the time is right for it. This Straight Bourbon is made with wheat, corn, vanilla and pineapple so it could go into meals and desserts and not just into sipping drinks. Meant to be served on the rocks or straight up and not mixed with other liquids when drinking. I found this recipe in a magazine and it wouldn't hurt to try to make it with Maker's Mark. Here is a Honeycrisp-Maple Sipper: 14 Oz Honeycrisp Apple Slices, (About 3 Apples, Save a Slice for Garnish per Drink), 1 Cup Water, 1/2 Cup Unfiltered Apple Cider, 3 TBS Fresh Lemon Juice, 1-1/2 TBS Maple Syrup. Add 5 Oz Bourbon; muddle together the fruit and the liquid ingredients. Put everything through a fine sieve, strain and serve. Garnish with apple slices and thyme sprigs. The Whisky Guy online recommends visiting the Maker's Mark Distillery in Kentucky because of their beautiful grounds and participate interactive activities with the distillers to make your own bottle and wax cap. I recommend it to bourbon drinkers, on the rocks.
keirstin b.
norfolk
Im a whiskey girl. I love whiskey. I have some very nice aged ones and have had the crappy cheap ones. This one for being a middle ground whiskey is my go to. It is great to drink on the rocks but also mixes well with a soda or what have you. It’s a very versatile whiskey and has a great taste and smoothness to it that makes me continue to buy it to keep around the house.
Codi H.
Canton, GA
I’ve had to grow to enjoy whiskey due to my boyfriend loving it. Any type I’ve tried has been extremely poor quality - except for Maker’s Mark. It’s smooth, it’s warm, it’s flavorful, and it’s honestly delicious straight up. I’m an old fashioned girl, and I won’t get a drink anywhere if they don’t carry this brand of whiskey. Hefty price tag, but honestly worth it!
Audra W.
Gardner, KS
A smooth, authentic Kentucky sipping bourbon. It’s great neat, on the rocks or mixed - mist twist is a great mixer with it. The hand dipped bottle in red wax shows it’s a little extra special, and knowing it’s handmade, not mass produced, makes it all the easier to love.
Kristen L.
W Lafayette, IN
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
I have always been a whiskey girl and although there are many other whiskeys better then Maker's Mark I truly enjoy and Savor the taste of this traditional drink in my family. So when solute X come this is what we all turn to whether it be at home or in a bar. Maker's Mark is one of the finest aged and perfectly barrels whiskeys that you could find for the price which gives it a full five stars and if I could give it more I absolutely would. It warms the soul and it is wonderful to make hot toddies with.
Jessica D.
Merrimac, WI
My husband says this is "very good." He uses this primarily to mix with soda. He drinks a lot of different types of whiskey. The price is acceptable. He enjoys drinking this. We've been to Maker's Mark and it's such a fun experience.
Crystal F.
Smooth as can be. Hands down the best bourbon to use with any and everything. We purchase makers mark regularly!! It compares high amongst others and is extremely affordable overall I’m completely satisfied with this product!!
Cody N.
Glendale Hts, IL
This is a reasonably good bourbon for the price. For me, I get a fair amount of spice in the nose. My first sip is fairly smooth and I get a pleasant sweet flavor. It finishes with a mild floral taste backed with some caramel flavor with a hint of vanilla. Also highly recommend Makers Mark for cooking. Makes a great bourbon ball.
Valorie S.
Berkeley, CA
A smooth Bourbon Whiskey very good with Ginger and lime. A great choice for a hot toddy. I love that Maker's Mark has a club for members and they send a gift every Christmas. They also have personalized labels.
Beth P.
Griffin, GA
Makers mark is a very smooth and goes down easy
Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky. It’s about average price wise and the bottle always grabs my attention. It’s found most places so I recommend trying some
Leslie P.
Valdosta, GA
Whats your favorite mixer for Makers Mark?
Lori L.
RALEIGH, NC
What is your favorite drink to make with Maker's Mark?
Daisy N.
What are good mixers for this? My husband usually makes an old-fashioned but I'd like something with a little more flavor.
Tiffany W.
Columbus, GA
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
Is this worth the price?
Brittany C.
Anderson, SC
What do you guys mix this with? Anything other than sodas?