BY MAKER'S MARK #37 in Whiskey

• What are some of your favorite cocktails using Maker's Mark?10 Answers
  • How does this compare to buffalo trace? Taste and price wise?2 Answers
  • How does this compare to competitors like Jack Daniels or Jim Beam5 Answers
Maker's Mark Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky
  • "When it comes to making a delicious old fashion, whiskey ginger ale, or just whiskey on the rocks this is the whiskey to go with. " in 13 reviews
  • "Maker Marks bourbon whiskey is one of the best on the market.has a slow fantastic taste.it goes down very smooth.it mixes well with any cocktails.Very good product t" in 10 reviews
  • "We often have this in the house and is my husband's top 5 of his favorite whiskeys. " in 8 reviews
  • "It has a very smooth taste and mixes well with any type of soda." in 3 reviews
Carole Lee P.
Carole Lee P.
Cincinnati, OH
I live in Cincinnati, but do a lot of frolicking across the Ohio River in Kentucky (my husband is a Kentucky Colonel!) We lovingly call Maker's Kentucky's answer to the rest of the South's sweet tea. Would I buy it again? You bet! It makes a fine cocktail. (Did you know that an Old Fashion is a tarted up version of the very old Bourbon Punch?) And it is de riguer in Juleps. But I think it is best in a double old fashion glass with a big hunk of ice to open the flavors up. If you are ever in Loretto, KY, try to take a tour of the distillery. It is a gorgeous site and for those of age, it ends with a tasting.
Monica S.
Monica S.
Las Vegas, NV
Happy Hour Expert
Makers Mark is a reasonable sipping whisky that can be enjoyed on the rocks or with a splash of water. It is often ordered with ginger ale, soda water, 7 up, but this is much better as a mixed drink than a one part mixer. I particularly like it as a Burbon sour, aka whisky sour, a tom Collins or whiskey Collins, its even yummy in a bloody mary. If you have a man in your life who likes whiskey, this makes a great gift or the start to a smoking hot, evening.
Susanna M.
Susanna M.
Happy Hour Expert
I think that this is the college students go-to for good Bourbon due to the price point and value. I think it's good quality and that it tastes great. I have no problem buying this or giving it as a gift to other whiskey lovers, however I can buy other whiskeys that taste just as good for the same price or less. But I'm more of an international liquor person than most people I know.
Shayna N.
Shayna N.
Canton, MI
Yes, Yes, Yes! Maker's Mark has to be my favorite whiskey. It is decent on price and not to harsh to the taste. I mix Maker's Mark with Vernors or Coke (Vernors is my favorite). I am definitely a repeat customer and will purchase this anytime I don't have a beer in my hand. It definitely is the best if I drink it right before bed. Puts me out and I sleep like a little baby.
Janet M.
Janet M.
What can't I say about Makers Mark?!?! If you love Jack & Coke, you must try Makers & Coke. You will never go back, guaranteed. It is extremely affordable for the quality. The best bourbon/whiskey for they everyday person. If you are an aficionado then you can also try Makers 46. It is not to be mixed with anything as it is amazing on the rocks.
Leslie M.
Leslie M.
I've never actually bought a bottle of this but I have received it a gift from friends, and the brand makers send me Christmas presents every year. One year it was wrapping paper, one year it was gift tags, one year it was a gift bag to use for gifting someone else a bottle of alcohol. I really like the brand...a very smooth taste.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Stuart, FL
I am newer to the Whisky game, but as an introduction this was what i was given and now love! I have bee drinking this with ginger ale, or soda with mint, it is a very smooth taste and would recommend it to anyone. I just bought my first bottle of it and it will be something my bar will be stocked with from here on out.
rebecc f.
rebecc f.
Walterboro, SC
this is a very smooth whisky. Before i go to bed at night I take a shot of it. The vale of it is wonderful. I would recommend this to all my friends. It has a great packaging i am thinking about making something from the bottles. I would buy this again and again. i actually bought some for christmas gifts
Emily W.
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
I wish I could write a really great review, but I find whisky so hard to talk about!

So I will say what little I know and it's that this is delicious. I enjoy whisky but not normally straight, however I can drink this straight. It is smooth and I think people just venturing into whisky will enjoy it.
Jen S.
Jen S.
Maker's Mark is a great call whiskey for manhattans, olf fashioned, even neat or on the rocks. I've had top shelf bourbons that aren't as good as Maker's. The taste is smooth, sweet, without the aftertaste of the cheaper wells. If you're a new whiskey drinker definitely start here.
Leslie P.
Leslie P.
Tucson , Az
Whats your favorite mixer for Makers Mark?
Lori L.
Lori L.
RALEIGH, NC
What is your favorite drink to make with Maker's Mark?
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Anderson, SC
What do you guys mix this with? Anything other than sodas?
Daisy N.
Daisy N.
What are good mixers for this? My husband usually makes an old-fashioned but I'd like something with a little more flavor.
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Columbus, GA
Is this worth the price?