BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

A lightweight, water-gel, face and body foundation that provides sheer to buildable coverage with a natural-looking, dewy glow and flawless finish. The iconic Face & Body foundation is back and better than ever. Formulated with 80 percent water and enriched with pro-vitamin B5, Water Blend Face & Body Foundation hydrates and improves your skin's elasticity. The super lightweight formula allows you to customize your foundation result from sheer to buildable, providing your desired coverage level with a fresh, dewy glow. The long lasting, unique water-gel texture applies quickly and easily then sets to ensure that it will not transfer throughout the day. Ideal for all skin types, this foundation is available in an array of 20 shades to match all skintones. This revamped, modern formula is the next generation of the original and iconic MAKE UP FOR EVER Face + Body Liquid Makeup Foundation. It's a makeup artist's must-have makeup to give skin a lightweight, stay-put, flawless finish.

Buy on Sephora
Summer C.
Suffolk, VA
I was very excited about MUFE water blend since i have very dry skin, i thought this was going to be a holy grail item, but it's not...

I bought the shade Y405, my exact match is Y345 for Ultra HD. Because they don't have a whole bunch of shades, I just picked this one as the closet. Turned out it matched pretty well (maybe because it's so sheer that no one could tell anyways...)!

First time I used it i was in a hurry to leave. I dabbed 2 pumps on the back of my hand and used a damp beauty blend to blend it out. I used all 2 pumps, and nothing was on my face, NOTHING! I therefore used another pump, still, nothing! But my face did feel very moisturized. I got frustrated and used something else to finish my makeup.

As i sat down to write this review, i thought I'd do another application so i could take some pictures. Ta-Da, here they are!

Now let's play the game of spot the difference -

Washed my face, used Glossier priming moisturizer. As you can see, i have freckles on both sides of my face. Dark circles are very serious... No visible pores.

I used the beauty blend as MUFE suggested. Applied 2 pumps on my right face (left in the picture), could you see the difference??? Maybe.... Freckles are lightened? A little bit? Dark circle? Nope...

I went on and applies another 2 pumps on the same side of the face, so 4 pumps on my right face (left in the picture). Do you spot the difference now?? Well... now it's looking a little better.

I continued to finish up my left face with another 4 pumps of the product, it's still looking very sheer to me. So i kept on building it up - MUFE said this is a buildable foundation, so that's what I'm doing! After 10 pumps of products in total, i think i finally got the finish i was looking for.

Conclusion -

I will be returning this foundation right back to where it's coming from!!! If you are looking for a very light coverage, you might like this. But i like medium-full coverage, otherwise, why bother putting anything on?! If i have to use 10 pumps of product and 10 minutes of blending to get the finish i want, i might as well use something else to save me some money and time. I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 because it's very moisturizing as it advertised.

I am very disappointed. Do not recommend.
Cynira C.
Valley Stream, NY
MUFE reformulated the foundation to “combine the comfort of a sheer foundation with the performance that pro makeup artists demand in the new Water Blend Foundation. The buildable, lightweight formula delivers a flawless and dewy finish with a beautiful, even complexion. Available in 20 shades, Make Up For Ever Water Blend Foundation is the reformulation of pro makeup artist’s favorite Face & Body Foundation, delivering the same results with an upgraded formula.” The new results include:

Hydrating: 80% of the formula is purified water infused with vitamin B5 to provide hydration and improve skin elasticity.
Waterproof & Transfer-proof: Coated micro-fine pigments improve payoff and skin affinity with guaranteed waterproof and transfer-proof coverage.
Easy to apply: The unique, water-gel texture feels smooth and light, even when it dries to a resistant finish for flawless, all-day wear.

You can use Water Blend as a primer but also as foundation on your face and body. It’s a light, transparent, buildable coverage that leaves the skin looking like skin. You can apply it with your fingers, a brush, a sponge or with an airbrush tool and you can manipulate the coverage depending on the tool that you use. Personally, I prefer to apply mines with my fingers. Just make sure that you let it fully dry before you add on additional layers.
Anna D.
Tinley Park, IL
So I have to say, I was a bit skeptical when buying this product because of all of the negative reviews but I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised! Pros: (and these are surprising) 1st your powder makeup (blush, bronzer, highlighter) just melt into your skin and look gorgeous! 2nd, pores are minimized significantly! I did a half face test and it was definitely a noticeable difference! 3rd, u didn't expect this but for some reason, any peach fuzz on the face is very well disguised! And last but not least... You look amazing in flash photos! Cons: it is sheer, ok VERY sheer, so unless you have pretty good skin to begin with, your gonna want to skip this purchase because while $43 is a standard non drug store makeup price, it becomes pretty expensive if your having to use 10 pumps to get a higher level of coverage! I have learned though that if you dab it on and let it sit before blending in with a brush (no beauty blenders for this one) it thickens and becomes a little fuller coverage
Lindsey Z.
Pittsburgh, PA
I went into Sephora and got a sample of this because a mufe Rep was there and applied this to my skin after I told her I was looking for a lightweight foundation. I have oily skin in my t zone with dry patches along my jaw and below my cheek bones. I wore it out of the store and for the rest of the evening. I applied it again today and still was not impressed. It's 'buildable coverage' but I found the more I added, the more it emphasized he dry patches and looked blotchy all over. If you have normal or all over dry skin it may work for you but I did not like this for my skin type at all. I will say it does play well with other products such as contouring tools and highlighters, bronzer, etc. also I would recommend setting this with a setting instead of a finishing powder.
Makeup by A.
Review for: Y415
I did a review and demo of this new foundation on my youtube channel (Makeup by Amy Michelle)
I have to say I would have never have guessed that I would like this foundation because I am a full coverage kind of girl - but I'm totally in love this with foundation. Here are my thoughts:
- sheer to buildable light coverage
- expensive for being 80% water BUT you get almost double the size of a typical founday
- extensive color range
- long lasting even on my combo skin after 8+ hours
- very waterproof like it claims
- looks beautiful and like your skin but better
- natural finish
- perfect for summer or dry winter months
Overall this is a fantastic foundation and I think it will suit lots of different skint tones, undertones, and skin types.
Irene D.
Thomaston, CT
This is a nice light moisturizing foundation that gives a dewy finish. I find it can be built up to give a light to medium coverage if you wait a few minutes between application. This is very watery upon initial application so I recommend using fingers or a brush since a sponge applicator soaks up too much product. You definitely need to use a concealer underneath to hide blemishes. I love the natural look this gives and it doesn't show any flakes. However I do find that I need to use a setting/blotting powder for my T-zone since it can look oily pretty quickly even with my skin leaning more dry. If you are very oily I would probably pass on this. However if you have dry to combination skin this is definitely one to consider
Yasi A.
Norman , OK
Review for: Y315
The reason I'm giving this 5 stars is because I personally loved the finish it had and how my skin looked. Now my skin is doing extremely well right now and isn't breaking out or anything so I can tell you that if you have bad skin this is not for you. Now really it depends overall on what you like in terms of coverage but if you suffer with bad acne and your goal is to cover it or if you have bad redness this just is going to make it slightly more even as far as your skin tone but it will not be covering a ton of stuff. The overall feel is amazing and it smells SO GOOD! I loved it and thought it goes great as a primer as well!
Madison G.
Review for: Y215
I love this foundation!! It is definitely what it is claimed to be, it has a beautiful light weight coverage, works with any skin type, waterproof, build-able coverage, waterproof and better yet it looks like my skin!! I will be sure to purchase this foundation again. When i ordered it and it came in the mail three days later, i put it on and was shocked at how amazing it was! It looked like my skin but better! It is sheer but i was able to build it up to a light coverage, and it lasted all day! Love this great job makeup forever!
Kelsey N.
Louisville, KY
I have been waiting weeks for this foundation to come out and I was not disappointed. It is a sheer coverage foundation that is build-able. I use it with a concealer and am able to not only cover my blemishes but also have smooth even skin. It looks completely natural and lasts all day. Ever since I started using it I have received a ton of compliments from people at my school and have been really recommending this product to everyone. Hands down the best product I have used on my skin.
brenda a.
If you have never tried this product before then you are missing out!!!! I have been using this since May (a pre release for pro artists) and it has blown my mind! It is a great foundation for someone looking for sheer coverage with a dewy finish. I usually wear a fuller coverage since I have acne scars so I have been using this as a primer to my full coverage foundation! Keeps everything on and doesn't show any texture!! Win Makeup forever total win!!!!!
Haley B.
Potsdam , Ny
Is coverage buildable?
Rea D.
Santa Monica, CA
Best method of application? I've heard controversial opinions on both beauty blender and brushes. Please include if a certain primer or setting powder / spray has helped. I'm looking to use this for being in costume all day without slathering product on my face.
Jocelyn S.
Austin, TX
I properly color matched myself to flesh... When I put it on it seamlessly blended in with my skin, after wearing for about 20 minutes, I had an orange tinge to my face - and no it's not bronzer (thought it might have been so I tried the next day with only foundation and same results) anyone else have this problem??
Vanessa R.
Sleepy Hollow, NY
I heard people talk about this saying this makes their skin look flawless. Any thoughts?
Xiaomei S.
Champaign, IL
I have recently purchased this foundation and I love it. However, due to the runny texture of it, I have yet to find a perfect way of application to minimize the streakiness. What's the best way of applying this product?