BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #3 in Liquid Foundation

What it is:

A bestselling HD foundation with an ultra-lightweight texture that provides ultra-flawless skin.

What it does:

Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion—in and out of the spotlight. Invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium to buildable coverage with an even lighter weight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. This formula leaves your complexion with the same flawless results that you’d achieve with a flat foundation brush in a tap and stretch motion. It contains hyaluronic spheres to ensure comfortable wear on all normal, dry and combination skin types, and it lasts all day, leaving a natural-looking finish. Now available in an expanded range of 40 shades to match all skintones, Ultra HD is the perfect everyday foundation for a flawless complexion—and it doesn’t require touch ups.

What else you need to know:

Now with a range of 40 shades, you might find a better match than before. You can convert your HD Liquid Foundation shade to Ultra HD Liquid Foundation using the "Ultra HD Shade Conversion Chart".

About Make Up For Ever:

MAKE UP FOR EVER is once again leading the beauty industry into the next era of makeup innovation and technology. As the original pioneer of the HD makeup category, it continues to redefine and elevate beauty standards with the launch of its new Ultra HD Foundation, the first and only foundation designed for 4k technology. With 4k technology, the next generation of digital devices will display images with unbelievable detail, stunning clarity, and heightened color than existing HD technology. Completely invisible under the latest, ultra-magnified resolution, these innovative foundation formulas look completely natural on camera—to the naked eye.

Buy on Sephora
Natasha S.
Natasha S.
Schenectady, NY
This is my holy grail foundation! I have a medium complexion with very yellow undertones. I sampled many shades of this foundation before I purchased the color Y375. I have ALWAYS had an issue finding a foundation that's the right shade for me and one that has a strong yellow undertone. I definitely recommend not only getting matched in Sephora for your shade but asking for a sample. Originally I was matched to a shade that seemed to match but throughout the day made my face very red looking (Y415). I ended up emailing Makeup Forever asking for a lighter more yellow shade and they recommended Y375 which was my perfect shade.

I love this foundation because the color matches me perfectly and it makes my skin look flawless on stage and off stage. I have very dry skin and this foundation has never clung to any dryness on my skin. It holds up fabously throughout winter and summer months when I'm sweating buckets or flaking. Another reason I love this foundation is because it looks great in photos and on stage! I do a lot of theatre and this foundation holds up during all my performances and stays on beautifully under the harsh stage lights. In my experiences it hasn't transferred onto any clothing items. I use this foundation with a beauty blender and it's definitely a buildable foundation. I definitely recommend this foundation and if you're unsure about buying it get a sample at a Sephora near you! Originally I was tied between this foundation and Born This Way but the Ultra Hd won my heart!
Mirror M.
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
Review for: Makeup Forever
Foundation is the, erm, foundation to any great look, and I’m always on the hunt for a better one! Online forums rave about Make Up Forever’s Ultra HD 4k Foundation, so I thought I give it a try. The price tag on this foundation is a little steep, 1 ounce for $43, but I was lucky and had a gift card from Christmas. I personally have never used a liquid foundation (I usually stick to cream or mousse formulas), so the switch bore a large learning curve. Applying with a BB is out of the question, either the sponge absorbed most of the product, or there was too awkward of an angle to pump the product directly onto my face. A foundation brush wasn’t much better either; it left my foundation looking streaky and the coverage was inconsistent. It was down to my buffing brush and stippling brush. I gave both a try, and lo and behold, both worked perfectly. The stippling brush gave way to light, more sheer coverage, while the buffing brush gave medium coverage. The formula itself is so light that you can’t even feel it on your face, but at the same time can be very opaque (depending on how much product you use), which is great for covering discoloration or imperfections. Sephora promises this foundation looks flawless on and off screen, and a quick photo test confirms that; no white cast, no unwanted shine, no peekaboo imperfections, and no cakeyness. However, a few MUA’s have noted that this foundation alone is not for oily skin, but a primer usually helps with the staying power.
NICOLE H.
NICOLE H.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Makeup Forever
(( REVIEW IS FOR 2015 REFORMULATION))
This foundation looks absolutely gorgeous. It just does. The finish of this is the most undetectable and yet most flattering finish I've experienced in a couple years and the 20+ foundations I've tested. I wear shade Y235 Ivory Beige which is an absolutely amazing hue for anyone who is fair-light with neutral/yellow undertones. I haven't come across a shade this perfect for my skin in... ever. I thought NARS had a great shade range but Make Up For Ever blew them out of the water with this new Ultra HD release. What I still can't get over is how much this looks like skin. Lord have Mercy. The only con is that this does get more progressively "glowy" throughout the day so if you are someone who is obsessed with maintaining a matte finish all day perhaps this isn't the best choice for you. But the silver lining is that while this gets glowy it fades off elegantly and doesn't get splotches. Overall, when I purchased Ultra HD I definitely didn't expect to enjoy and love this as much as I do because quite frankly I never shared the enthusiasm over the original version.

P.S And, to state the obvious, this looks fantastic on camera. Flash, selfies, Snapchat... you're covered girl.
Madison C.
Madison C.
This is the HOLY GRAIL of foundation for me. I have very fair skin and it is often difficult for me to find my shade because although I am fair, I have a yellow undertone to my skin and most of the fair color foundations are too pink for me, but make up forever has such an amazing range of colors that I was able to find my perfect match. This foundation is $43 at Sephora, which sounds pricey but with this product a little goes a long way. I use one and a half pumps of this product and this is enough for my entire face. I love that this product is easy to apply and easy to blend, it never appears cakey or streaky and it honestly looks like you have beautiful make up free skin. You can't even tell you are wearing foundation when you have this one, it just looks like you were blessed with gorgeous skin. The other thing I love about this foundation is that it is long wearing and it doesn't cause you to break out, you can wear it all day with ease. This is my ride or die foundation and I recommend that everyone tries it.
Adnaly M.
Adnaly M.
Review for: Makeup Forever
I tried this foundation back in high school and I've been buying it ever since. It's a little pricey I have to admit but it's worth every damn penny! Anyone I see on Facebook or friends who are looking for a good foundation I always recommend them this product. It's absolutely AMAZING! I have really red skin and no foundation has been able to cover it but this one, like seriously you don't even have to apply the primer for red skin, this foundation is all you need, just one layer. You don't have to keep retouching or even put powder it's that amazing. It's sets perfect and it last ALL day I kid you not, you'll wake up the next day and still look great. It's not cakey at all either it looks super natural like if you're not even wearing make up, it makes your skin look soft and flawless. It's a MUST have. I use it daily, and Ive never had a problem with break outs or anything, it's perfect for weddings,photo shoots, events, daily use.. I seriously recommended y'all go try this foundation
Roxanne K.
Roxanne K.
Brooklyn, NY
If I could I would give it 4.5 stars. It's always hard for me to give anything a full 5 stars simply because you never know what else is out there that is better.

I went into Sephora and gave them the run down on my combination skin. Normally foundation ends up looking flakey since my skin is somewhat dry naturally and maybe a bit oily on the forehead by the end of the day. They suggested this and Laura Merciers Tinted Moisturizer (to save my freckles - I don't like to hide them) as another alternative. I found myself reaching for Make Up Forever more after a week of comparing.

It provides very good coverage and best of all looks very close to your skin! It lasts all day and doesn't dry out or get oily. It's great for my skin so I'll be back to buy it once my sample runs out!

One thing I think they can improve though is their coloring. They have yellow based and red based and I am someone who falls in between. I ended up with the yellow based one and it still looks good though!

Allie P.
Allie P.
Northport, AL
Review for: Makeup Forever
This baby is a life saver. I have an oily tzone and a skin tone that I find hard to match. Everything either makes me look Oompa Loompa orange or bubble gum pink or like a banana (may be a slight exaggeration, but you get the picture). Not only does this foundation come in a wide range of colors, but a tiny bit goes a long way, especially if you use a beauty blender. While I love playing with makeup and glamming myself up, I tend to go bare face more often than not. I like my skin to breathe. However, when I am wearing makeup, nothing feels worse than feeling like I have layers of it on. I cannot stand anything close to pancake face. If I feel like my skin is suffocating it's a no go. That being said, I also like my makeup to do its job and cover up my imperfections or face demons I have going on. This foundation is the best of all these little worlds. It's light weight, but gives amazing full coverage, doesn't separate on my oily areas and keeps my dry areas soft and hydrated.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Honestly, it looks like skin! This foundation has such a natural, beautiful finish. Every time I wear it I get so many compliments on my complexion, which is far from perfect. I have rosacea, which can be a major pain to deal with. A big mistake I always made was caking on the fullest coverage foundation I could find. That would cover the redness, but it would be obvious that I was wearing makeup. With this foundation I do color correct on days my skin is being a little pest by flaring up. With that being said, it does not look like I have multiple products on my face. My skin is normal, but my t-zone does get pretty oily and this stuff does not transfer at all. I do set my face with translucent powder and a setting spray, but I did find myself sweating off other foundations during the summer. This foundation is medium coverage, but can be built up slightly. I swear by this foundation. It give great coverage, looks incredibly natural, and feels lightweight.
May V.
May V.
Given that this is Sephora's top rated foundation, I was super excited to test this foundation out since I've read all the reviews about it. At first I wanted to try it without applying anything onto my face, just to see how it would look, and it became cakey and flakey. Total disaster. I was definitely concern and worried it was going to waste.

However my next attempt was much better. I recommend moisturizing your face if its dry like mine then applying a foundation primer. It didn't give me a full coverage even after building up but if you're looking for a medium coverage then this works. Also I love that MUFE has such a huge color range for all skin tone and not just 10 shades or less. The color I got was Y375 - Golden Sand and it matches perfectly with my NC25/NC30 skin tone. It can be applied with a stipple brush, foundation brush, beauty blender, etc. which makes it easy to use too.

Overall, I love this foundation, but sadly it isn't my number 1.
Christine P.
Christine P.
White plains , MD
Review for: Makeup Forever
When I first bought this foundation, I immediately regretted it- I bought it because I had heard so many good things but it did not do anything for me. I have combination, acne prone skin, do not buy this foundation if you want full coverage! My skin was going through a lot of break outs and scars and it did not work for me. I decided to give this foundation a try once my skin cleared up. Now, I reach for this foundation more than expected. Use it with a beauty blender, not with a brush because it does create streak marks (more than some over foundations) and set it with a power if you have oily skin. The foundation still does move around on my skin, especially around the nose after a long day of wearing it, I only wear it if I have a special occasion, but not one a night when I require a foundation that stays put all night long. Overall, there are better foundations for this price, but give it a try if your skin is more on the dry side.
Min Yuan C.
Min Yuan C.
Is this worth the money?
Kendra M.
Kendra M.
Carrollton , Georgia
I am very interested in purchasing this product, but worry because of my oily skin. Has anyone with oily skin had positive results using this product and would you recommend this product to someone with extremely oily skin?
Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.
Oakville, Ontario
Has anybody found a foundation similar to this? I LOVE this product and will always recommend it, but it tends to hurt my bank account. Any suggestions?
Rachel N.
Rachel N.
How is the converge and weight of this formula?
Heather A.
Heather A.
Lawton, OK
Does this foundation oxidize? Also I wear snow in Born This Way from Too Faced. Very pale and yellow undertone, does MUF have a shade to match?