BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

The icon that changed the face of foundation. 100% Flawless. 0% Noticeable. Buildable to Medium Coverage. Natural Finish. Normal / Combination skin. 40 Shades.

Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion—on and off camera. Completely invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium to buildable coverage with an even lighter weight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. This lighter weight formula delivers the very same flawless results as before when applied with a flat foundation brush in a tap and stretch motion (see how to section).

Long lasting with a natural finish, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation is formulated with hyaluronic spheres to ensure comfortable wear on all skin types. Now available in an expanded range of 40 shades to match all skintones, Ultra HD is the perfect everyday foundation for a flawless complexion – and an unretouched life.

With our new range of 40 shades, you might find a better match than before. Visit your nearest MAKE UP FOR EVER Boutique or Sephora to get re-shade matched.

"My goal was to cope with the new 4k technology while keeping the main benefits of HD Foundation. Ultra HD Foundation had to meet the perfection needs of pros as well as the everyday needs of all women.”—Dany Sanz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Founder and Creative Director.

Amy O.
Seattle
Review for: 125= Y315 Sand more...
I am very glad I got a lightly used version of this foundation from Poshmark for cheap because this foundation did not cut it for me personally, no matter how much I tried to make it work. I have dry acne prone sensitive skin and have heard such rave reviews of this product for dry skin. It does seem to have a very natural finish. With that said it does somehow look obvious and heavy even though I used very little product. It also feels very heavy on the skin and it seemed to emphasize the pores I have around my upper nose and my dry patches from my cystic acne.  I tried using different primers like the TATCHA The Silk Canvas along with  Son & Park Beauty Filter Cream Glow as well as  Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water and  Revlon Photoready Primer Collection and  Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer and  M.A.C Cosmetics Prep Plus Prime Fix+ and lastly  MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Under (Cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer and it just would not work. I recently purchased the  J.One Jelly Pack and will try it with that. Now with that said this fondation does photograph beautifully and even if it feels heavy on my skin it looks like skin on camera.
I also find it's a bit difficult to blend like other reviewers have said. You do need the right brush or sponge. I find spraying some Mac fix + on my beauty blender helps with the blending. Sometimes I use one of my cushion foundation sponges to help blend out the product a little more if I used my brush. My favorite for this foundation is the  Sigma F80 - Flat Kabuki Brush I don't think this foundation would be ideal for every day unless you have naturally flawless skin and work in front of a camera.
The shade itself though is great upon first application but ends up oxidizing on me a tad just a tad orange on me after about four hours of wear, but that's something I can live with. I'm going to save this foundation for a special occasion and continue my hunt for a daily foundation.
Sahana N.
I was very excited to try this foundation, but I found it very difficult to find an exact match for my skin tone. Finally had to buy two shades and blend together. Ultimately though I did not like this foundation for several reasons one I have sensitive acne prone, combination skin and after having applied this product twice on 2 consecutive days - it broke me out like never before. Took months to recover from that! Plus I found this foundation after a while on settling always taking on a slightly darker tone than how it seemed on application. Ultimately I gave up on this. Pros: It is very long lasting and is medium to full coverage.
Karina N.
Harrisville, UT
Review for: 125= Y315 Sand more...
This foundation gives me a gorgeous finish and is great to be photographed in. It’s very light weight and on my oily skin it was more of a dewy finish, but not greasy at all. This never separates or creases on me. The only downside is that I have very dark spots on my cheeks from acne scars, and this does not cover that. No matter how much I use, it doesn’t give me the coverage I need. I layer it with the ultra HD foundation stick and that DOES give me a full coverage look. If you’ve got great skin or have minimal blemishes, this will look incredible and it really does feel super light weight on the skin.
Britny G.
Matawan, NJ
Review for: Y205 Alabaster more...
I finally decided to try this foundation after years of hearing about it.  I absolutely love the coverage it provides.  It's like second skin... Looks so natural yet you can tell you have some type of coverage.  At first, I seemed to have issues with it separating no matter what primer I used before hand and even when I set it with my  Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Powder .  I then found if I used the powder to bake in the spots where I find it separates, I didn't see that issue anymore.  I also found it doesn't separate when I mix in an illuminizer.  I use the  Algenist Reveal Concentrated Luminizing Drops in particular.  More recently, I tried setting it with my  M.A.C Cosmetics Mineralize Skinfinish and that seems to really lock it in place more than anything.  However, it was such a process to figure out how to get it to stay.  I also find it is a little difficult to blend out if you put on a little too much, so you truly have to have the right brushes.  Lastly, I find when I am drier than usual it has a tendency to cling to those dry patches no matter what I do.  I always get torn because I love the coverage and finish, and the fact that it matches PERFECTLY, but it was a struggle to get it to stay on and find what works and when.
Ashlee B.
Wrightwood, CA
This foundation has gotten me more compliments on my skin than any other I have EVER used.  It came in my Ipsy bag and it is the first product that I ever got in one that I actually rushed to purchase a full size of.  The finish is flawless!  No pores, no cakiness.  It just looks like my skin is perfect.  It isn't heavy at all but it gives a gorgeous filtered look to my skin.  I highly recommend this to EVERYONE!!!!
Karen A.
San Diego
This was the first foundation i purchased from sephora. I asked for a good foundation since i was just starting and the lady at sephora showed me this foundation and i bought it. It gave me a really nice finish but at the time i didnt do primer and i know fro a fact if i would have used the primer it would have been 100 times better. I really recommend this foundations especially is you want a light coverage more natural base.
Bher L.
Omaha
Review for: R540 Dark brown more...
It is a very great to great to us this it really makes me feel better to not buy 2,000 dollars of makeup This is a holy grail for me! I would definitely say that all of the claims are true.
It claims to be medium coverage and it is, though that is at most. It's the type of foundation you can sheer out or build up. However, if you're looking for a foundation you can make full coverage to cover scars and dark spots this isn't going to achieve that because it just doesn't build up that much. On the bright side, I have a feeling the reason it doesn't build up to full coverage is because it is meant to look very natural, skin-like and flawless on camera. When I take pictures and videos wearing this foundation they look great, flash or no flash. I usually use 2-3 pumps and apply with a buffing brush then blend it in better with a sponge for maximum coverage and it goes on smooth and very matte without settling into fine lines or clinging onto dry spots. On my skin it feels more lightweight than any other foundation I've ever tried, it isn't cakey at all and 100% evens out my skin tone. The only downside I've personally faced is my skin still getting shiny after a few hours around my nose. It's not a big deal to me because I bring my setting powder and spray with me when I wear makeup. Which reminds me, I recommend using primer, setting powder and setting spray for all day wear. I love that this foundation doesn't transfer onto clothing or anything else, for example, when you hug someone and your face touches their shirt or when you decide to change after doing your full face of makeup. The price point is a little high ($43) but to me it's worth it because it's an amazing foundation and my goal is to improve my looks while still appearing as natural as possible and this foundation is perfect for exactly that. Also, there is an amazing shade range, 40 to be exact.
🌙✨ C.
Houston
Purchased at: Sephora
I go through foundation so often looking for full coverage to cover up adult acne. I found that Make Up Forever foundation was my skin color and full coverage. You can build the foundation so that’s always a plus. I tend to have dry patches on my face and this foundation looks smooth after application Highly recommend. I also used the make up forever concealer if anyone is wondering
Heather W.
Review for: 135= R300 Vanilla more...
Meh. Thank goodness I got this as a sample in one of my subscription boxes. I have been wanting to try this foundation for a long time but could not bring myself to spend the $43 on it. The color Vanilla worked well for my complexion but I just was not that impressed with this overall. I found it somewhat hard to apply, I tried a few times using my fingers, a foundation brush and a beauty blender. I thought it dried a little too fast while applying. The coverage seemed ok at first but it is definitely not long wearing for me. Within a few hours it had settled into the pores on my face (and I don't even have huge pores) and into the fine lines around my eyes. It was matte enough on my somewhat oily T-Zone. I wouldn't buy this in a full size. I ended up giving the sample to one of my daughters and she wasn't that impressed either. Thank goodness for $10/mo subscription boxes, even at $120/yr for the subscription I end up saving a ton of money on makeup.
Chrissy S.
Roseville, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Y215 Yellow alabaster more...
Okay so I will say that this is one of my favorite brands however I don’t think this lasts well on my skin. Even when using other powders etc I feel like there is a lot of transfer when I wear this. It seems to slide off my skin and make me look really oily. It does look pretty at first but doesn’t last for me. Also, the coverage could be a lot better.
Min Yuan C.
Is this worth the money?
Kendra M.
Carrollton , Georgia
I am very interested in purchasing this product, but worry because of my oily skin. Has anyone with oily skin had positive results using this product and would you recommend this product to someone with extremely oily skin?
Caitlin B.
Oakville, Ontario
Has anybody found a foundation similar to this? I LOVE this product and will always recommend it, but it tends to hurt my bank account. Any suggestions?
Rachel N.
How is the converge and weight of this formula?
Heather A.
Lawton, OK
Does this foundation oxidize? Also I wear snow in Born This Way from Too Faced. Very pale and yellow undertone, does MUF have a shade to match?

Sephora