Add a Photo

By MAKE UP FOR EVER
#3 in Liquid Foundation

What it is:

A bestselling HD foundation with an ultra-lightweight texture that provides ultra-flawless skin.

What it does:

Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion—in and out of the spotlight. Invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium to buildable coverage with an even lighter weight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. This formula leaves your complexion with the same flawless results that you’d achieve with a flat foundation brush in a tap and stretch motion. It contains hyaluronic spheres to ensure comfortable wear on all normal, dry and combination skin types, and it lasts all day, leaving a natural-looking finish. Now available in an expanded range of 40 shades to match all skintones, Ultra HD is the perfect everyday foundation for a flawless complexion—and it doesn’t require touch ups.

What else you need to know:

Now with a range of 40 shades, you might find a better match than before. You can convert your HD Liquid Foundation shade to Ultra HD Liquid Foundation using the "Ultra HD Shade Conversion Chart".

About Make Up For Ever:

MAKE UP FOR EVER is once again leading the beauty industry into the next era of makeup innovation and technology. As the original pioneer of the HD makeup category, it continues to redefine and elevate beauty standards with the launch of its new Ultra HD Foundation, the first and only foundation designed for 4k technology. With 4k technology, the next generation of digital devices will display images with unbelievable detail, stunning clarity, and heightened color than existing HD technology. Completely invisible under the latest, ultra-magnified resolution, these innovative foundation formulas look completely natural on camera—to the naked eye.

Photos (533)
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Tacoma, WA

This foundation is the BEST foundation I've ver used. Get ready for a lengthy review, because I want to explain exactly why this product is worth EVERY PENNY.I have very pale skin with a yellow undertone. Most pale foundations, as most of you know, have a pink undertone. Using foundation was a nightmare for me in high school; I'd always have people pulling me aside to let me know my foundation made me look orange. It was a nuisance. One day, I decided to try the lightest shade of the new Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Matte & Poreless collection (shade 110) on my hand, because I had previously used their compact in the same shade and it was perfect. To my surprise, this colour blended  PERFECTLY with my skin tone. You couldn't even tell it was there. I was amazed.To this day, it's the only foundation I use. My skin is combination, so my T-zone gets a little oily from time to time. This foundation keeps me looking less shiny than any other foundation I've ever used. Set with translucent powder and a blending sponge and VOILA! You're set for the day, my friend.The only weird thing about this collection is that the shades in the Dewy & Smooth collection is not equals. The 110 in this collection is darker and more pink than the Matte & Poreless 110. That's definitely something to be aware of! But don't fret, if you want more of a dewy finish but your shade is only n the Matte & Poreless line, just mix your foundation with 1-2 drops of Argan Oil. I do this anyways because it makes my skin look smoother and lengthens the lifespan of my foundation.Side note: my best friend is from India and has lighter skin that is very yellow. It's almost impossible for her to find good foundation
Natasha S.
Natasha S.
Schenectady, NY

This is my holy grail foundation! I have a medium complexion with very yellow undertones. I sampled many shades of this foundation before I purchased the color Y375. I have ALWAYS had an issue finding a foundation that's the right shade for me and one that has a strong yellow undertone. I definitely recommend not only getting matched in Sephora for your shade but asking for a sample. Originally I was matched to a shade that seemed to match but throughout the day made my face very red looking (Y415). I ended up emailing Makeup Forever asking for a lighter more yellow shade and they recommended Y375 which was my perfect shade.

I love this foundation because the color matches me perfectly and it makes my skin look flawless on stage and off stage. I have very dry skin and this foundation has never clung to any dryness on my skin. It holds up fabously throughout winter and summer months when I'm sweating buckets or flaking. Another reason I love this foundation is because it looks great in photos and on stage! I do a lot of theatre and this foundation holds up during all my performances and stays on beautifully under the harsh stage lights. In my experiences it hasn't transferred onto any clothing items. I use this foundation with a beauty blender and it's definitely a buildable foundation. I definitely recommend this foundation and if you're unsure about buying it get a sample at a Sephora near you! Originally I was tied between this foundation and Born This Way but the Ultra Hd won my heart!
Mirror M.
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL

Foundation is the, erm, foundation to any great look, and I’m always on the hunt for a better one! Online forums rave about Make Up Forever’s Ultra HD 4k Foundation, so I thought I give it a try. The price tag on this foundation is a little steep, 1 ounce for $43, but I was lucky and had a gift card from Christmas. I personally have never used a liquid foundation (I usually stick to cream or mousse formulas), so the switch bore a large learning curve. Applying with a BB is out of the question, either the sponge absorbed most of the product, or there was too awkward of an angle to pump the product directly onto my face. A foundation brush wasn’t much better either; it left my foundation looking streaky and the coverage was inconsistent. It was down to my buffing brush and stippling brush. I gave both a try, and lo and behold, both worked perfectly. The stippling brush gave way to light, more sheer coverage, while the buffing brush gave medium coverage. The formula itself is so light that you can’t even feel it on your face, but at the same time can be very opaque (depending on how much product you use), which is great for covering discoloration or imperfections. Sephora promises this foundation looks flawless on and off screen, and a quick photo test confirms that; no white cast, no unwanted shine, no peekaboo imperfections, and no cakeyness. However, a few MUA’s have noted that this foundation alone is not for oily skin, but a primer usually helps with the staying power.
Jade M.
Jade M.

I am a very fair, dry and sensitive skinned gal and I decided to try something other than drugstore foundation. I grabbed this in shade Y205 I believe in Alabaster and it matched my skin perfectly. It is a liquid foundation and I believe its water based which means it is quite runny compared to other foundations but it still works well! It is more of a light to medium coverage foundation so if your looking for full coverage than you will either need to build coverage or look for something that is made to be full coverage. But the coverage is very build-able with this product. Using this with a primer that isn't water based with completely change the way this foundation works. I have used this with hourglass veil primer and the foundation works well with it. Its magic! It blends well, it doesn't upset my dry/sensitive skin. It settles in pores a little bit at first but if you stipple the foundation it fixes that problem. I have to put concealer on before foundation otherwise it tends to crease more. It looks beautiful on the skin and it does set more of a matte/satin finish but dewiness can be added. I havnt had any issues to far. No matter what a foundation is going to have a few flaws here and there but out of all the drug store foundation I have tried...I have never looked better than I do with this!
NICOLE H.
NICOLE H.
Seattle, WA

(( REVIEW IS FOR 2015 REFORMULATION))
This foundation looks absolutely gorgeous. It just does. The finish of this is the most undetectable and yet most flattering finish I've experienced in a couple years and the 20+ foundations I've tested. I wear shade Y235 Ivory Beige which is an absolutely amazing hue for anyone who is fair-light with neutral/yellow undertones. I haven't come across a shade this perfect for my skin in... ever. I thought NARS had a great shade range but Make Up For Ever blew them out of the water with this new Ultra HD release. What I still can't get over is how much this looks like skin. Lord have Mercy. The only con is that this does get more progressively "glowy" throughout the day so if you are someone who is obsessed with maintaining a matte finish all day perhaps this isn't the best choice for you. But the silver lining is that while this gets glowy it fades off elegantly and doesn't get splotches. Overall, when I purchased Ultra HD I definitely didn't expect to enjoy and love this as much as I do because quite frankly I never shared the enthusiasm over the original version.

P.S And, to state the obvious, this looks fantastic on camera. Flash, selfies, Snapchat... you're covered girl.
Michael P.
Michael P.
Las Vegas, NV

With your personal specific needs you could either love this product or hate this. Let me elaborate:
This foundation is sheer to medium sheer coverage so if you are looking to cover up imperfections this may not be the one to go towards. If your skin is on the less problematic side this will help in making your skin appear flawless and even. The formula goes to mimic a skin like appearance and is advertised as "Invisible on the skin" which i can understand. Like i said this mimics skin but still lets things like freckles and very dark acne scarring show. It will suppress the pigment but not fully cover. NOW to talk about skin type. Skin type is very important for this foundation I found. If you are extremely dry and don't use primers or moisturizer this may not be for you because this does not provide any sort of moisturizing and dries to a semi-matte finish, but if you moisturize before application there should be smooth sailing but make sure you moisturize because this product can tend to cling to dry patches. Now, if you're oily this will be better and not dry as much but still i always recommend to moisturize oily or dry!
Paola M.
Paola M.

I love this product! It is my go to product! This bestselling HD foundation that appears more invisible, comfortable, and natural-looking than ever. Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion-on and off camera. Completely invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium coverage with a lightweight texture that looks just like skin. Long-lasting with a natural-looking finish, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation is formulated with hyaluronic spheres for time-released hydration that ensures comfortable wear on all skin types.

What I love about it is it goes on so smooth and lasts all day! Very smooth application & I have had this product forever. A little goes a long way! Worth the money !
Shirley H.
Shirley H.
Richmond, TX

I have been using this product over well over 13 years and this foundation is truly one of the best. The first time I used it was in high school. I had an allergic reaction to food and this product covered everything!!! All the redness is completely gone. Once my skin cleared up the foundation looked even better. Now I only use half a pump to one pump each time in the morning. I've had this current bottle for well over one year and it still works great!!! The texture is smooth and it instantly minimizes pores. Don't forget to put all your skincare and primer on prior to the application or else the skin won't look as radiant. The foundation lasts all day on my skin without touching up. I highly recommend everyone buying a good quality foundation since the skin is the largest organ on the body. This product is worth every penny even thought prices have gone up over the years. I always set the makeup with the hd loose powder and then enhance with color. The reason why I love this brand is that they never discriminate when it comes to skin tones / colors. Everything is long lasting and worth the investment.
Brittany H.
Brittany H.
Santa Clarita, CA

I do NOT understand the hype with this product. You know something is off when your husband says that you look like a corpse. I know the color did not work for me because it was far too light; however, the consistency, coverage, finish, staying power, and everything else about this were just terrible. My skin looked ghostly pale, dry, cakey, crepe like. I had the hardest time getting this product to blend and apply evenly, even when using my damp beauty blender. It didn't have anywhere near medium to full coverage, it had sheer coverage at best. I don't have problem skin--the texture is normal, I don't have acne, I get at most one pimple a month, my only issue is my dryness which I address by using a myriad of different oils and intense moisturizers to maintain suppleness--so I don't understand why this product clung to every patch and pore and fine line that I didn't even know I had! I wish I had tried the old formula which people swore by, but sadly I'm too late to the party. I have yet to find my HG foundation, but I know it's out there!
Madison C.
Madison C.
Chula vista, Ca

This is the HOLY GRAIL of foundation for me. I have very fair skin and it is often difficult for me to find my shade because although I am fair, I have a yellow undertone to my skin and most of the fair color foundations are too pink for me, but make up forever has such an amazing range of colors that I was able to find my perfect match. This foundation is $43 at Sephora, which sounds pricey but with this product a little goes a long way. I use one and a half pumps of this product and this is enough for my entire face. I love that this product is easy to apply and easy to blend, it never appears cakey or streaky and it honestly looks like you have beautiful make up free skin. You can't even tell you are wearing foundation when you have this one, it just looks like you were blessed with gorgeous skin. The other thing I love about this foundation is that it is long wearing and it doesn't cause you to break out, you can wear it all day with ease. This is my ride or die foundation and I recommend that everyone tries it.
Min Yuan C.
Min Yuan C.

Is this worth the money?
Kendra M.
Kendra M.
Carrollton , Georgia

I am very interested in purchasing this product, but worry because of my oily skin. Has anyone with oily skin had positive results using this product and would you recommend this product to someone with extremely oily skin?
Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.
Oakville, Ontario

Has anybody found a foundation similar to this? I LOVE this product and will always recommend it, but it tends to hurt my bank account. Any suggestions?
Rachel N.
Rachel N.

How is the converge and weight of this formula?
Heather A.
Heather A.
Lawton, OK

Does this foundation oxidize? Also I wear snow in Born This Way from Too Faced. Very pale and yellow undertone, does MUF have a shade to match?