MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer

STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finish
- WEAR: longer staying power

MATTIFYING PRIMER is the answer to unwanted shine, fighting against excess oil to ensure a matte makeup result. Formulated with our specific Sebustop Vegetal Complex, this first step equalizer instantly reduces pore size and controls shine for a flawless makeup all day long.

SMOOTHING PRIMER instantly fills in and blurs imperfections for silky soft skin. This satiny, non-oily formula evens out skin texture by minimizing pores, wrinkles and fine lines. Skin looks resurfaced and perfectly smooth for a flawless makeup all day long.
HYDRATING PRIMER instantly quenches skin's thirst by helping boost and refreshing tired skin. Formulated with our specific
H₂O Complex, it provides moisture transforming dehydrated skin into a supple, healthy, plump surface for a flawless makeup all day long.

NOURISHING PRIMER instantly replenishes dry and dehydrated skin with a moisture-rich soothing formula. Our specific Vegetal Complex feeds skin, hydrating and reviving it while antioxidants protect from the elements. Its rich and creamy texture melts on the skin to nourish and sooth. Restores elasticity and revitalizes skin to ensure a more uniform texture and a flawless makeup all day long.

REDNESS CORRECTING PRIMER instantly neutralizes and evens out red tones for flawless foundation coverage. Green Spectraflex® pigments color correct redness and boost radiance while moisturizing agents provide hydration. Skin tone is evened out for a flawless makeup all day long.

RADIANT PRIMERS instantly color correct according to skin tone giving what looks like new bare skin. These tailored equalizers transform radiance levels and bring more hydration
and light to the face. Formulated with our blend of Spectraflex® pigments to neutralize imperfections and banish dullness, Radiant Primers give immediate radiance and even skin tone for a flawless makeup all day long.
Find your Radiant Primer color:
6. Cool Pink: for  yellow fair skin
7. Blue: for yellow red fair skin
8. Peach: for  fair skin
9. Yellow: for tanned skin
10. Caramel: for dark skin
11. Mauve: for yellow dark skin

Looking for a new primer that meshes well with my foundation....help?
Do you recommend this product or do you have a alternate fav?
Will this primer keep me matte and stop my makeup from melting off? Trying to find a new one!MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer
Start your review of MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer!
Product Highlights
...dries down a lot better than the fore mentioned product. it leaves a nice matte finish and doesn’t cause my brows to run or wipe away like most other silicone primers do.in reviews
...claims. con: it made my foundation look cakey. maybe i should of use a more hydrating moisturizer before applying this but don't think i'll repurchase since it made me look more oily at the end of the night.in reviews
Hoffman Est, IL
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Karla A.
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer
I used this primer in my last video from @makeupforever that @influenter gave me and I really loved it! This primer is for Minimizer pores, mattifying that absorbs oil to control shine, provides a natural and velvety and blurred finish and prolongs the use of makeup, it is for normal, oily and combination skin Available at @sephora #step1primer #contest #complimentary @makeupforever @Influenster
Las Vegas, NV
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Amy V.
This is the MOST MATTIFYING AND SMOOTHING PRIMER EVER. This is a good and bad thing.. let’s talk about that a bit more.. the mattifying is INSANE! It does dry out your face (even for my oily skin) so for you oiler gal out there.. try this one out!! I love mixing a bit with another primer or using it in my moisturizer to thin it out a bit! Wearing this under my foundation really extended the wear on my foundation (says 24hr) adding a smooth almost satin light powder finish! It really reduces my pores and even out textures on my face, making my makeup literally flawless! This primer reduces lines as well since I noticed my makeup wasn’t separating like it does sometimes around my laugh lines! Good for oily, normal and combo skin.. so def not for a dry skin gal! Try this out if you get the chance!
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Caryann S.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 9 Radiant primer - Yellow
Balanced and evened out my skin prior to foundation application. Amazing how different foundation can look with the right primer. This feels hydrating but not greasy. My makeup lasted 6 hours
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Arlett P.
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer
I’m excited to try makeupforever. This primer is so smoothing to my skin. It’s helps reduce my large pores around my cheek area. Goes on smooth my complexion is more even. Does not feel greasy and it’s light weight. MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer
Raleigh, NC
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Sabrina B.
I really really love this product. It does dry fast like other reviews mention and it's sticky once dry, but it makes my makeup look flawless. I wouldn't say my pores or filled or etc, but it makes my makeup last about 8 or 9 hours before I get oily and creasy(which is a miracle for my t zone and smile lines). I also feel like my makeup just looks more blended and set. I don't feel the need to set with setting spray with this primer.
Plattsburg, MO
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Nikki S.
Review for: 4 Nourishing primer
A little bit goes a long way with this primer, however, I found it more like using a facial lotion than a makeup primer, and as such, it didn't do as much as I was hoping in the way of helping my makeup to last longer. I would probably not purchase again.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer, Other
I have been a quest to find the perfect primer for me and my oily skin. So I got this Make up For Ever Shine Control Step 1 Primer Mattifying Base sample from #Sephora the other day. When u first put it on it goes on smooth and easy. So I used it in the morning before makeup and than I was able to put on my face. It was very thin and gave u the matte finish. So I was able to go from morning to night without having to powder my nose. No shine at all and great coverage. Very light weight and buildable. I want more of this for sure!!
Clearwater, FL
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Anny D.
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer
Perfecto para uso diaria! Bastante satisfecha con este producto hasta es problable que lo siga usando en mi rutina diaria ! Funciona bastante bien en pieles grasas
Rolling Mdws, IL
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Amanda A.
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Amanda A.
Review for: 2 Smoothing primer
I couldn't submit my photos as proof of my review on the app for this makeup item. So I'm writing a review here and attaching the photos of my screenshots as proof of me writing reviews on Sephora and MUFE website. Hopefully this will be sufficient since the app has so many glitches and won't let me prove that I've done the work and written the reviews and keeps bothering me to show that I've done these items ... that I've already done.
Rogers, AR
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer uploaded by Marilyn A.
Helps with my redness and makes make up look flawless and smooth all day! Definitely feels like it also moisturizes my skin!

284 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Rolling Mdws, IL
il y a 4 mois
Stella Z. il y a 4 mois
Go to your campaign, click on “review at Sephora” and tap “upload a screenshot”. Choose a screenshot needed and it should be uploaded. If it doesn’t work for some reason, write to “help” in an app.
Bishop's Stortford
il y a un an
MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer which is the cheaper version for this one? Or what primer should I use for oily skin on nars foundation x
Rere A. il y a 5 mois
Hey, sorry I can't help.. I have the same type of skin and this the one the seller at sephora recommended for me.. but unfortunately once I am at home it didn't worked for me 😕 but if you can go to a store and test some of primers on your skin before buying it go ahead!! (In France we couldn't test product with the restriction due to Covid-19 🙃)