BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #14 in Face Primer

STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:

- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finish
- WEAR: longer staying power

MATTIFYING PRIMER is the answer to unwanted shine, fighting against excess oil to ensure a matte makeup result. Formulated with our specific Sebustop Vegetal Complex, this first step equalizer instantly reduces pore size and controls shine for a flawless makeup all day long.

SMOOTHING PRIMER instantly fills in and blurs imperfections for silky soft skin. This satiny, non-oily formula evens out skin texture by minimizing pores, wrinkles and fine lines. Skin looks resurfaced and perfectly smooth for a flawless makeup all day long.
HYDRATING PRIMER instantly quenches skin's thirst by helping boost and refreshing tired skin. Formulated with our specific
H₂O Complex, it provides moisture transforming dehydrated skin into a supple, healthy, plump surface for a flawless makeup all day long.

NOURISHING PRIMER instantly replenishes dry and dehydrated skin with a moisture-rich soothing formula. Our specific Vegetal Complex feeds skin, hydrating and reviving it while antioxidants protect from the elements. Its rich and creamy texture melts on the skin to nourish and sooth. Restores elasticity and revitalizes skin to ensure a more uniform texture and a flawless makeup all day long.

REDNESS CORRECTING PRIMER instantly neutralizes and evens out red tones for flawless foundation coverage. Green Spectraflex® pigments color correct redness and boost radiance while moisturizing agents provide hydration. Skin tone is evened out for a flawless makeup all day long.

RADIANT PRIMERS instantly color correct according to skin tone giving what looks like new bare skin. These tailored equalizers transform radiance levels and bring more hydration
and light to the face. Formulated with our blend of Spectraflex® pigments to neutralize imperfections and banish dullness, Radiant Primers give immediate radiance and even skin tone for a flawless makeup all day long.
Find your Radiant Primer color:
6. Cool Pink: for  yellow fair skin
7. Blue: for yellow red fair skin
8. Peach: for  fair skin
9. Yellow: for tanned skin
10. Caramel: for dark skin
11. Mauve: for yellow dark skin

• MAKE UP FOR EVER STEP1 Skin Equalizer Primer Is this primer good ...1 Answers
  • How does this compare to Lancôme La Base Pro Perf... Be the first to answer!
  • Ladies honestly do you really see any benefit of primer? What abo...6 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "this!! this is a great primer! it’s similar in consistency to smashbox photo finish primer but is slightly pigmented. it also dries down a lot better than the fore mentioned product. it leaves a nice matte finish and doesn’t cause my brows to run or wipe away like most other silicone primers do." in 416 reviews
  • "i have extremely oily skin.. or so i thought until i used this product. pro: it mattifies the skin as it claims. con: it made my foundation look cakey. maybe i should of use a more hydrating moisturizer before applying this but don't think i'll repurchase since it made me look more oily at the end of the night." in 56 reviews
Jasmine B.
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer more...
This primer is neck and neck with my all time fave,  BECCA Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™ .  I use Skin Equalizer the same way; I warm it up between my fingers first then press it onto my problematic T zone area.  I have tried to rub it in instead but I find that it balls up on my chin and leaves an unsightly residue.  I always like to wait until the primer dries down before applying any other products.  With the proper setting products, I only need to blot once or twice in an eight hour period.  My makeup doesn't break up when I use the product and I have found that it does help to fill in my pores.

To save some money, I would recommend buying 2 tubes of the mini version.  You'll spend $34 for 1 ounce of product as opposed to spending $37 for a 1 ounce tube.
Morgan M.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (1 Mattifying Primer) more...
I have really mixed feelings about this primer so I am only giving it 3 stars. This product is a life saver when it comes to oily skin, you can literally feel the primer dry out your skin (in a good way). It also is relatively lightweight and maintains oil control throughout most of the day. One major thing you have to be careful with is applying the primer evenly because if you don't smooth it out completely, you WILL be able to notice. It is such an intensely mattifying product that without proper application it will cause your makeup to build up in areas even with the slightest amount of foundation. I also recommend using another hydrating primer with this because it can cause slight dry skin. I used the Too faced hangover primer with it and they paired pretty well together. However, I must reiterate that it has caused uneven application of my foundation and also doesn't necessarily lock the foundation in as much as I hoped it would.
Vasavi K.
Beaumont, TX
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (4 Nourishing Primer) more...
Hands down favorite primer I have EVER used. What was I doing before this primer?! I have very dry skin and this primer is the first ever to actually feel HYDRATING on my skin AND make my makeup last!! it feels as good as lotion does but not as thick! It’s the ultimate texture and it’s weightless. It’s not so much a “blurring” kind of primer. It just hydrates the skin and provides the perfect layer between your moisturizer and foundation. If you have really dry skin like mine, I really don’t think this will disappoint you! Keep in mind - it IS only a primer. So it isn’t go by to get rid of all your dry skin. But it will soothe it and make it feel ready for your makeup once you use it after your regular face moisturizer. No regrets here!
Nka k.
Charleston, SC
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer more...
I got a sample of the step 1 skin equalizer primer.
The consistency isn't a silicon base. rather it reminds me of the Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
I like how it feels and it gave me a flawless finish.

Heather F.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Make up for Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Redness Correcting Primer more...
I didn’t necessarily grab this product to use all over my face as a primer but more so as a spot color corrector. I absolutely love it for the purpose. It conceals my redness so well after I blend it and put foundation on top. I find that you can’t see any blemishes peeking through whatsoever. As for a primer, I would not use all over my face but thats just me. Very good product though. Definitely worth the money. I had a sample from sephora that lasted me a long time so that was great too.
Hannan T.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer (2 Smoothing Primer) more...
I use this as a corrector and love it! Blends into my skin so nicely. Some days i dont even cover with Concealer cus it blends into the skin so nicely. This is the only corrector i can find like this (i used to use sephoras orange color corrector but they discontinued it ): ) one star less because of the price. I use color corrector everyday & 40$ for this one item is too much for me. Until i find another working corrector i have to use this. But a little does go a long way...
April X.
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer more...
MY HOLY GRAIL! This primer is amazing for people with oily skin! I used this primer for a party that I was attending, I had makeup on for 7+ hours and it kept my foundation looking AMAZING! I would definitely recommend this product to people with oily skin and big pores! I have oily skin and usually have a hard time with keeping my foundation on my face in addition to covering my pores. However, this product was wonderful! Would definitely recommend this!
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
Review for: 2 Smoothing primer more...
I have oily skin, but got a sample of the “smoothing primer”. And it worked so well I bought the full size. First, the price is steep, for a 1oz (37$). I bought is when Sephora had it on sale for 25$, which seems more reasonable.

This primer really does smooth pores (way better than porefessional and pores no more). The end result is matte and smooth, and this definitely keeps oil at bay throughout the day. I do not recommend this for dry skin. It will bring out the dry flakes and make putting on foundation (especially powder) a nightmare. If you have combo skin, use this on your oily areas and something else for the dry areas. The product does not break my sensitive skin out. Which is another reason to love it!

I feel comfortable wearing just this, without foundation because it does a good job with smoothing and camouflage the redness. The texture is similar to porefessional. It spreads easy on moisturized skin and blends well with all of my 10000 products!
Shasha S.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1: Skin Equalizer Eye & Lip Primer 0.33 oz/ 10 mL more...
I loveeee this product. Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.I love this top most brand.This  is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.I bought this from walmart store and it is also available in other stores like Fred Meyer,target,walgreens many.......It gives soft texture on skin. I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.Its better to search for offers before buying.Have different shades of color for different skin tones.I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.I am kinda shopholic ;) so love to buy and try different products ,brands and shades.It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.It has smooth  texture.I would definitely buy More n more n more...I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Lauren J.
Review for: 1 Mattifying primer more...
I was recommended this primer at Sephora to help fill in my large pores. I was excited to use it, but it unfortunately didn't have the effects I was looking for. It didn't really do much for my pores or skin. And my makeup looked like it always did. Then my face started breaking our all over the place for weeks. When I stopped using this primer my face cleared up in a few days. I do not recommend this product and will be returning.
Kiera C.
Charlotte, NC
I have never tried a make up forever primer because I heard the redness targeting primer didn't set into the face. Is this true for all of their primers?
tatiana L.
Did anyone find it itchy once applied in the red area?
Marin P.
Iowa City, IA
I got this sample from Sephora and it worked well with my skin. Does the travel size last for a while or would you suggest buying the standard size?
Rebecca R.
Cumberland Gap, TN
I've just started using this product and I can't seem to get it to blend well into my skin. It seems to flake off. Anyone else have this problem?
Isobel K.
Aren't they a few versions of this primer? Which is the best one?