MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Extravagant Extravagant Volume, Up Close Precision Mascara

BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Ultra black, clump free mascara with extravagant volume and up close precision. Created for performers, desired by the audience. Smoky Extravagant is a single mascara inspired by the stage and for your life. It gives volume, length, curl and precision for lashes in 4D. The Procision 4D Technology, an exclusive micro-defining complex, envelopes lash surface in ultra black pigments for far away impact and up-close precision. The 2 in 1, cone shaped brush has a precision tip that separates lashes as the rounded base creates extravagant volume from any distance. Smoky Extravagant delivers long lasting wear with no clumping.

• I have been looking for a new mascara within the last few...2 Answers
  • Does this clump up to a point where it's hard to take off...3 Answers
  • Does this mascara create volumous lashes?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "Love the look of my lashes with this mascara. Adds so much volume. The brush allows you to get every last lash and covers great. I like that it still feels natural and my lashes don't get the tacky or stiff feel." in 99 reviews
  • "I got this mascara for free as my birthday gift from Sephora, & I couldn't be happier. I do not usually like high-end mascaras, but this one was different. I have never received quite as many compliments for my lashes as I did while wearing this mascara! It separates & lengthens just as I would want it to, & the brush shape makes it SO easy to apply, especially towards the inner corner! Trust me. If I can make myself spend the money, this WILL BE a repurchase." in 44 reviews
  • "Usually I don't buy non waterproof mascara, but this was an exception. I heard so much about it from a friend and had to give it a try and was I pleased. It didn't run or smudge like other non waterproof mascaras. It goes on a little clumpy sometimes but I easily take care of that with a spoolie brush. I love how it makes my eyelashes so thick." in 24 reviews
  • "I usually stick with drugstore mascaras because high-end ones are usually overpriced and overhyped. But I received this as a birthday gift from Sephora, so why not give it a try right? I am so incredibly happy that MUFE proved me wrong. This mascara is amazing. The formula doesn't clump. The application is super easy with this brush shape. Plus it does wonders for lengthening, curling, and volumizing my bone straight, short lashes. Holy grail? I think so." in 21 reviews
  • "However, I have found that this mascara is often clumpy and fails to make my lashes look full: instead it bunches them together." in 2 reviews
Julia G.
Baltimore
Review for: Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara (Black) 7Ml/0.23Oz more...
This mascara is easy to use, long-lasting, run-free (not waterproof however), and is easy to layer. It does not clump on the lash and plays well with others.

I got this from Sephora for ~$12. The sales associate there told me about it being oil-based or something, which I'm not totally sure about, however it does dry down more slowly than other mascaras I have had, which makes layering it very easy. It can last me all day without getting little marks and seeping (I have very oily skin and this is a common hazard).

When layering this with other products, it takes other product on top well, and layers over other products well too. I have only found that it does not like my Bobbi Brown mascara, and for some reason those who (neither of which get clumpy) end up making me look like an osteoporosis-ridden spider. Regardless, a great mascara option for relatively inexpensive.

Were I not on the hunt for different mascaras to continue expanding my horizons, I would definitely buy this again and have it be my go-to.

The only con I find is that, unlike some others I have had, it really will expire and dry out.
Barbara V.
Richardson, TX
Review for: Mini more...
This product makes my lashes look longer and fuller. I have the mini version and it's been lasting me a long while as well. Though this product works well, I don't like the applicator as the bottom will almost always rub on my face somehow and rubbing it off would take off my eye makeup. Also, it's not waterproof, or at least not for me. It easily runs off my face towards the end of the day when I do my mascara-only, minimal look. It 'spiders' too easily when I want to apply a double coat and, for the price, the nitpicky aspects aren't worth putting up with since there are better mascaras out there of equal or lesser value.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Review for: Mini more...
I got this in a birthday set from Sephora and loved it. I used it daily and decided to go back and get a full size to keep at home and one to keep in my purse. It separated my lashes, lifted them and fanned them out like none I have ever tried before. It didn't smear or streak on my bottom lashes even after a full day of wearing it outside it the southern heat and humidity. If I apply one coat, it is perfect for a daytime look. If I apply two coats, it's perfect for a date night with my husband. The price is a bit much for us as I am a stay at home mom and we only have one income in the house, I usually buy drug store brands but this is a perfect gift for myself when we have extra cash. It is definitely worth the price, though.
Abby D.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Extravagant Mascara Black 0.23 oz more...
I'm giving this product three stars because I absolutely love the formula of this mascara, and the longevity of it, as it almost never gives me any flakes at the end of the day. However, I'm knocking off two stars because of the wand. I am all about giant mascara wands to help grab all of those lashes and plump them up. But this wand? It's nearly unusable. Because of its shape, I have to apply my mascara so slowly, otherwise it will get all over! The chunky end of the wand is just way too hard to work with, and only really gets your outer lashes. This mascara barely touched my inner lashes, and I couldn't even try to do my lower! Fix the wand and I would definitely repurchase, because the formula is amazing.
Dea C.
Long Neck
So I got this product in a trial size from Sephora and I recently started to try it..... and I love it! I wished I used it sooner! The shape of the brush gives my lashes volume and length. I was so happy with this trial size I ordered the regular size off Sephora
Kayla B.
Cypress, CA
Review for: Mini more...
I love this mascara. The wand shape is super conducive to application and I love how deep the black is. I got this product in one of my iPSY bags and it lasted for a few months. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to spend a couple bucks more for mascara that lasts.
Danielle M.
Marietta, GA
Review for: Make Up Forever Special Edition Mini Deluxe Set by Sephora: Smoky Extravagant Mascara and Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in the color N9 more...
This is a drier formula mascara than I normally use/like. It adds some length, not much on volume. It is super black, and I do like the length I get out of it but I’m not really rushing to go buy it. If you like drier formulas, and big brushes (this one is pretty huge) that provide more length and volume, this might be for you.
Melissa C.
Ellsworth , ME
Review for: Mini more...
I received this as a birthday freebie from Sephora a couple years back. Love it! I used it until it was beyond gone and then used the brush head with other mascaras! I would definitely buy the full size over and over again! It made my eyelashes look like a million miles long. I had to tell people they are real, I swear!!
Ariela P.
I really like this mascara! The shape of the spoolie really does give up close precision. Nice intense black, coats and separates my lashes beautifully. To me personally, I didn’t get crazy volume, but with a few careful layering, I can get very pretty clump-free lashes
Anam F.
Stamford
Lets just say im not a fan of high end mascaras because they are pricy and not even close to be as good as drug store once. Well this mascara falls im that category it way over priced the wand is no good whats so ever. Its not easy to work with.
Chelsea B.
Does this mascara get sticky ?
Maya m.
Has anyone ever received any products because of influenster? I heard people get sent things to review? Thanks
Nina T.
Atlanta, GA
Does this clump up to a point where it's hard to take off or is it natural? Would you purchase the product again?
I have been looking for a mascara that gives my lashes a great amount of volume. I would love to try this one based on the reviews. Where can I find it?
Ivy M.
Is this mascara worth the price?

back