BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

• Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
April H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
For the price of this product I was a little disappointed. I like the smell of the mist but I do not like the spritz of the mist on my face. I did find that it made my combination skin more oily after applying.
Edenesis Bethel P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like how this spray makes my make up look well-blended and fresh all day. Most days I just use Bare Minerals matte foundation powder (over moisturizer and Becca pore less priming perfector) and then a little bit of blush and this spray sets everything beautifully. Like other reviewers have written, it is not easy to control the amount with the spray nozzle. It will take some practice to figure out how far you need to have it away from your face so you don't end up with big droplets. Some days when my face ends up a bit too wet, I just stand in front of a fan and it dries in no time and my makeup still looks great. A sales person at Sephora did say this works well with power products (so perfect for Bare Minerals) but I have tried this on Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and it worked well too. As for how it affects my makeup's staying power, it does a good job BUT I have learned that there is a big difference between a setting spray and a finishing spray.
Alexis K.
Beaver Falls , PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can always tell a difference when I use this product compared to my cheaper setting sprays, leaves a dewy finish. Has a nice sprayer, and makes my make up last all night!
Hannah Louise B.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm all in on a setting spray, but I will say this one can be a bit sticky for me. Completely preference I'm sure, but I'm all to happy to reach for my MAC Fix + instead.
Chanelle C.
tx
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would definitely like to try this out and give it a go and share with everyone on social media . And I heard good things about this product . I recommend everybody buying this product.
Kamillah L.
chicago
I have been searching for a makeup setter and I have now found my holy grail. This is like a makeup glue ( not literally ). It’s high priced but so worth it. Makeup wearers please purchase.
Stephanie G.
Saddle River, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I liked the way this set my make up and I felt like it lasted all night. I haven’t really used any other product so it’s hard to compare but I think it was effective
Jennifer P.
Clovis, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great formula but I hate the bottle and the way it sprays out. I have to put it in another bottle so that way it’s more of a mist instead of an assault on my face.
Bre B.
Jacksonville, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Words can't describe how I feel about this product! It exceeded my expectations and I will defiantly be buying this product again. I 100% recommend this product.
Jamee O.
Delbarton, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
This setting spray works wonders on my make up. I have combination skin with some acne, so I like to have a full coverage everything when it comes to makeup. Unfortunately that means more often that not I am dealing with the dreaded cake face after just a couple of hours. This setting spray does what it was made to do and that is making sure my makeup not only stays put, as well as prevent the dreaded cake face.
Also make sure to only use 1-3 sprays from 12 to 16 inches away to set your makeup any more that that it start to feel sticky. If you want to prevent your eye makeup from turning into raccoon eyes by the end of day. My only complaint about this product
has nothing to do with the product itself but the spray bottle it's in. The product doesn't come out in a even fine mist like it should. Sometimes it will spray a lot of big drops that ruin what look I just made . Other than that this product does everything one would expect out of a high quality brand .
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
Wendy G.
Clearwater, FL
What kind of smell is it? Delightful or nah? How much? Worth the price
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry