BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #13 in Setting Spray

• I have had this setting spray for a while and I've noticed that w...1 Answers
  • Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Rana K.
It does lock in your makeup all day long! This one and the one from Urban Decay are my favorites. So I use them alternatively. I like how fine it sprays, and drys up quickly. On the hot summer days, I apply this before AND after applying base makeup which really helps the foundation to last all day without getting shiny.
The best part about this spray is that it DOESN'T contain alcohol!!! Since I have dry skin, I always try my best to avoid any product that contains alcohol. If you have dry-combination skin, this product is definitely worth trying.
Claribel M.
The spray works well enough to set your make-up. I have no complaints about that. I took off one star because the spray is too thick. It's more of a spray than a mist and so it releases a lot of product at once and it's a bit harsh and too wet. I had the Mac setting spray which I loved because the mist was perfectly light and you didn't feel like all of your make-up was going to run off of your face. And no, I do not use more than necessary (in case you're wondering)

I took off the other star because it's scented and I don't care much for scented sprays on my face. Maybe I missed that on the package; that would be my fault. But the scent is strong (at lea
Arushi S.
I'm on my second little bottle. Can't finish my makeup without it! I used to use the UD All nighter then switched to this when they had a shortage recently. Makes cakey foundation look more natural and glowy. The look made me feel kind of uncertain at first, but give it 15 minutes to settle in and then my makeup looks much more soft and unified. adds a lot of shine to the skin, so those who don't like that look should stay away from this. Feels slightly sticky at first though, but that feeling goes away. However I don't like the way it sprays, the spray could be finer and mist-like for a more even coverage.
Ebony L.
Dallas, TX
I, honestly, cannot live without this setting spray. Not only do I use it to set my entire face it is also what I use to bring my beauty blender back to live. I don't not use water. This spray is bomb. It's very moisturizing and does dry out my skin not cause it to mattifying and look cakey. I love this spray!
Nikky P.
Henderson, NV
YAS! This is a must have for your kit. So many uses. I love to use this to enhance the look of my shimmer eye shadows. It's crazy what this can do to the pigment of your shadows without making them look cakey.  I also love to spray this on the high points of my face and apply my highlight while it is still damp to really amp it up. Despite those 2 amazing uses.. I love using this for its actual purpose, a setting spray. It makes me look fresh and devy in the best way possible. I'll repurchase this again and again.
Christina P.
Bloomsburg , PA
I recently bought this setting spray because a Sephora worker said it would be good for my dry skin. I have tried quite a few setting sprays but I feel like this one has been the best one so far. I can see that it does help with my dry flakes on my face after I put my makeup on. And it does help set my makeup pretty well. There are prob better setting sprays out there that set your makeup better than this one but would most likely dry your face out as well. So far this is the best one for my needs that I have found.
Jessie H.
Milford, MA
THE BEST SETTING SPRAY IF YOU WANT LONGWEAR! If you use too much it can make your face feel noticeably tight, but there's NO OTHER setting spray that will keep your makeup transfer-proof and in place (AND just about waterproof!!) all day and night (and into the next morning if you had a rough night). Doesn't hydrate or control oil, just acts as a hairspray for the face.
Crystal K.
Phoenix, AZ
I absolutely LOVE this setting spray. Before I used this setting spray, my foundation (I use kat von d foundation) would not last three hours, it transferred easily, and it looked all cracked. Now that I use this setting spray (I also use the poreless primer with it) it keeps my makeup looking like I just applied it all day long. I can rub my face and nothing will come off. I got the Urban decay deslick spray which is amazing, but after three uses it dried my skin out so bad that it felt like leather. This setting spray doesn't have alcohol in it so it won't dry my face out or make my face feel very stiff. Definitely will be buying more!!
Kelly B.
Tremont, PA
I personally use this for pigments and spraying my brush before using other powder products that I'd like to really emphasize. It's a little cheaper that my UD setting spray and the nozzle doesn't have as fine of a mist in my opinion, so I don't use it for setting my full face, just for the small stuff that I wouldn't want to use my all nighter setting spray for.
Marisa R.
I love this setting spray! I use it all over my face after I've put on all my makeup. I have a bad habit of touching my face and my makeup wouldn't last the whole day until I used this. I like that its water based so its not drying like many others that are alcohol based. I also like that it gives me a dewy look but not so much that I look ridiculous in the office. It doesn't really have a scent which was important to me. The price is a bit much so I've been on the lookout for more affordable dupes. Overall, I would recommend.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
sara w.
Philadelphia, PA
i've never used an actual setting spray, just hydrating mists and i haven't noticed if they've really helped the longevity of my makeup. is this better than urban decay? that's the one i hear the most about!
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry