BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

• Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Brittany W.
Oklahoma City , OK
Next to Mac Fix+ this is the best setting spray for a dewy finish out there. Urban Decay all nighter is a classic, but tends to dry me out and make my face look cakey (even though i've repurchased it more times than I can count) Using Mist & Fix and patting my face lightly with a beauty blender helps the spray soak up the powder and "glue" my baby hairs and peach fuzz down to my face so they aren't as noticeable. This also works great for foiling eyeshadows. It's a bit more expensive than UD and Fix+, so I'm deducting 1 star (only a half if I could) , however, you can get the travel size for substantially cheaper, and it's easy to throw in your purse to freshen up your makeup throughout the day, and leave you feeling hydrated.
Shea G.
Yukon, OK
So light weight. Love the fragrance that you can just barely smell. I spray on my brushes before putting on my highlighters to give it that extra pop. Love the spray bottle itself. Makes it easy to spray small areas or large areas.
Mara C.
Diamond Bar, CA
After needing a change from UD's setting spray, I was recommended to try makeup forever's setting spray. I fell in love instantly. I sprayed it on my face when trying it at Sephora, and the scent was lovely and gentle on my face. It also doesn't leave your face feeling dry or super mattified like other sprays do, and being that I have dry skin, this was the perfect cherry on top when it came to needing a more dewy look to finish my makeup session. It lasts really well, and I'm extremely pleased with the pricing and the amount you get in a bottle. I literally use this every time I do my makeup, and will even spray it on my beauty blender before spreading out my foundation or concealer, and it works beautifully! 10/10 would recommend especially for those with sensitive skin types.
Megan D.
Nashville
One bottle lasted me almost a year. It set my makeup well -- I attend fitness classes during work hours and don't notice my makeup wearing off. However, I do a couple sprays throughout the day (especially after a workout), and I have to say I do not feel the moisturizing effect. Instead I feel yucky tightness, and I wonder if this has any moisturizing qualities at all. When I ran out of my first bottle, I read the reviews on this again to verify whether or not it was recommended for dry skin. Sure enough, I read mostly raves from those with dry skin, so I repurchased. I'm writing this review with less than half of the product left in bottle #2 and am still experiencing the sticky and tight feeling. Sad to say I will be moving on to something that will noticeably moisturize.
Daniela M.
Cleveland, TX
I am actually using this because my mom got it from her friend and she doesn't use it (so why waste it!?) - So I am not sure about the price because I haven't checked it yet.

This is my first ever finishing mist so I don't have much knowledge about this particular product. But here's some of my pros and cons about this product:

pros:
- Makes my face dewy & glowy
- Makes my face make up looks well blended
- Helps my make up stays fresh longer
- It doesn't break me out (I have insensitive skin, though :) )

cons :
- Smells chemically
- The packaging is not very good.
- The spray makes more of a big water droplets rather than a mist.

Will buy again until I found a better finishing mist !
Kera Y.
This setting spray is everything!!! It takes your makeup game to the next level by vreatong a water reisitany barrier onto your face keeping your makeup looking new for up to 14 hours! This makeu line ised in everyday, film, and television settings is truly a brand with amazing products and Mist & Fix is one of their staple products. Spray directly on to the face after finished makeup application, for a water resistant, semi matte finished look for all day wear.
Emma J.
I like that this setting spray doesn't contain alcohol like most setting sprays do but for me this didn't help the longevity of my makeup. I tried this product about six times and every time make makeup would wear off much faster then when I used urban decays setting spray. The formula doesn't have much of a smell and didn't irritate my sensitive skin . If you want to try this out I'd recommend getting the travel size to test it out first
Naomi A.
Brandon, FL
Honestly one of the best setting sprays ever. It does feel a bit sticky after spraying it so I feel like it would also be good for priming and helping the foundation stick. Only thing is it sprays out way too much water.
Kari T.
This is a good setting spray, and my first. I love that it doesn't have alcohol or other common irritants in it, which is a big plus for me as I can't use products that contain them. It keeps my makeup looking flawless like I just put it on for 12+ hours and even stops my mascara from flaking when it gets dry in the tube. It slightly hydrates my skin too and adds a very slight dewiness to matte foundation, which I like. I'd definitely purchase it again. I first tried a sample, then I bought the smaller size, but next time I buy it I'm going straight for the bigger bottle.
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
This stuff is amazing. I don't have anything negative to say about it. The sprayer is very nice and produces a fine mist that coats your face nicely, the droplets aren't too big. It doesn't mattify, so pass on this if that's what you're looking for. But it does extend the life of your makeup and takes away that powdery look from the skin. It's also great if you've applied too much concealer or foundation. Spritz your beauty sponge with this and it will hydrate the skin and remove the excess. I would say this is better for those who have normal to dry skin. It doesn't increase or add to the oils on the face, it just doesn't too much for oil control, but that doesn't bother me.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
sara w.
Philadelphia, PA
i've never used an actual setting spray, just hydrating mists and i haven't noticed if they've really helped the longevity of my makeup. is this better than urban decay? that's the one i hear the most about!
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry