MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix Setting Spray uploaded by Roxanna V.MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix Setting Spray uploaded by Julianna Castellani F.MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist & Fix Setting Spray uploaded by D. 2.See all 68 photos

BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

- 12 hours of wear

- 40% increase in hydration after 2 hours

• lets all add each other on social med...@makeup.by.devi ❤️ 2 Answers
  • I have had this setting spray for a w...I find the opposite actually, ... 1 Answers
  • Are setting sprays worth the money?Absolutely! At first I thought... 9 Answers
Photos (68)
Buy on Sephora
Mara C.
Mara C.
Diamond Bar, CA
After needing a change from UD's setting spray, I was recommended to try makeup forever's setting spray. I fell in love instantly. I sprayed it on my face when trying it at Sephora, and the scent was lovely and gentle on my face. It also doesn't leave your face feeling dry or super mattified like other sprays do, and being that I have dry skin, this was the perfect cherry on top when it came to needing a more dewy look to finish my makeup session. It lasts really well, and I'm extremely pleased with the pricing and the amount you get in a bottle. I literally use this every time I do my makeup, and will even spray it on my beauty blender before spreading out my foundation or concealer, and it works beautifully! 10/10 would recommend especially for those with sensitive skin types.
Daniela M.
Daniela M.
Cleveland, TX
I am actually using this because my mom got it from her friend and she doesn't use it (so why waste it!?) - So I am not sure about the price because I haven't checked it yet.

This is my first ever finishing mist so I don't have much knowledge about this particular product. But here's some of my pros and cons about this product:

pros:
- Makes my face dewy & glowy
- Makes my face make up looks well blended
- Helps my make up stays fresh longer
- It doesn't break me out (I have insensitive skin, though :) )

cons :
- Smells chemically
- The packaging is not very good.
- The spray makes more of a big water droplets rather than a mist.

Will buy again until I found a better finishing mist !
Megan D.
Megan D.
One bottle lasted me almost a year. It set my makeup well -- I attend fitness classes during work hours and don't notice my makeup wearing off. However, I do a couple sprays throughout the day (especially after a workout), and I have to say I do not feel the moisturizing effect. Instead I feel yucky tightness, and I wonder if this has any moisturizing qualities at all. When I ran out of my first bottle, I read the reviews on this again to verify whether or not it was recommended for dry skin. Sure enough, I read mostly raves from those with dry skin, so I repurchased. I'm writing this review with less than half of the product left in bottle #2 and am still experiencing the sticky and tight feeling. Sad to say I will be moving on to something that will noticeably moisturize.
Theresa S.
Theresa S.
Beverly, MA
This stuff is amazing. I don't have anything negative to say about it. The sprayer is very nice and produces a fine mist that coats your face nicely, the droplets aren't too big. It doesn't mattify, so pass on this if that's what you're looking for. But it does extend the life of your makeup and takes away that powdery look from the skin. It's also great if you've applied too much concealer or foundation. Spritz your beauty sponge with this and it will hydrate the skin and remove the excess. I would say this is better for those who have normal to dry skin. It doesn't increase or add to the oils on the face, it just doesn't too much for oil control, but that doesn't bother me.
Kari T.
Kari T.
This is a good setting spray, and my first. I love that it doesn't have alcohol or other common irritants in it, which is a big plus for me as I can't use products that contain them. It keeps my makeup looking flawless like I just put it on for 12+ hours and even stops my mascara from flaking when it gets dry in the tube. It slightly hydrates my skin too and adds a very slight dewiness to matte foundation, which I like. I'd definitely purchase it again. I first tried a sample, then I bought the smaller size, but next time I buy it I'm going straight for the bigger bottle.
Claribel M.
Claribel M.
The spray works well enough to set your make-up. I have no complaints about that. I took off one star because the spray is too thick. It's more of a spray than a mist and so it releases a lot of product at once and it's a bit harsh and too wet. I had the Mac setting spray which I loved because the mist was perfectly light and you didn't feel like all of your make-up was going to run off of your face. And no, I do not use more than necessary (in case you're wondering)

I took off the other star because it's scented and I don't care much for scented sprays on my face. Maybe I missed that on the package; that would be my fault. But the scent is strong (at least for me).
Amy D.
Amy D.
Troy, OH
This setting spray was okay- it didn't really impress me but it did an okay job. I don't think it helped my makeup to last any longer but does create a more natural look if your foundation looks a little cakey. I did not care for the chemical smell and the pump sometimes does not deliver an even mist, but rather bigger droplets. I also think it is a bit pricey. I will most likely not purchase this again in the future.
Rana K.
Rana K.
It does lock in your makeup all day long! This one and the one from Urban Decay are my favorites. So I use them alternatively. I like how fine it sprays, and drys up quickly. On the hot summer days, I apply this before AND after applying base makeup which really helps the foundation to last all day without getting shiny.
The best part about this spray is that it DOESN'T contain alcohol!!! Since I have dry skin, I always try my best to avoid any product that contains alcohol. If you have dry-combination skin, this product is definitely worth trying.
Arushi S.
Arushi S.
I'm on my second little bottle. Can't finish my makeup without it! I used to use the UD All nighter then switched to this when they had a shortage recently. Makes cakey foundation look more natural and glowy. The look made me feel kind of uncertain at first, but give it 15 minutes to settle in and then my makeup looks much more soft and unified. adds a lot of shine to the skin, so those who don't like that look should stay away from this. Feels slightly sticky at first though, but that feeling goes away. However I don't like the way it sprays, the spray could be finer and mist-like for a more even coverage.
Nikky P.
Nikky P.
Henderson, NV
YAS! This is a must have for your kit. So many uses. I love to use this to enhance the look of my shimmer eye shadows. It's crazy what this can do to the pigment of your shadows without making them look cakey.  I also love to spray this on the high points of my face and apply my highlight while it is still damp to really amp it up. Despite those 2 amazing uses.. I love using this for its actual purpose, a setting spray. It makes me look fresh and devy in the best way possible. I'll repurchase this again and again.
Mandie M.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
sara w.
sara w.
Philadelphia, PA
i've never used an actual setting spray, just hydrating mists and i haven't noticed if they've really helped the longevity of my makeup. is this better than urban decay? that's the one i hear the most about!
Ana C.
Ana C.
Tampa, FL
Were can i find this fix setting spray