BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

• Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Paige A.
Mt Washington, KY
One of my all time favorite setting sprays. Before setting sprays became a big thing I was devastated I couldn't use Urban Decay's All Nighter(I'm allergic.) This setting spray was one of the only options out free of my allergen. The mist on this is super powerful, it doesn't have a strong smell, and makes makeup last long.
Beatrix P.
Medusa, NY
Ok- where are all my dry to normal skinned makeup lovers at? I’m so sad I never tried this spray before the recent Sephora Rouge sale. Ok.. it sprays a bit heavy BUT ZERO STICKINESS.. zero spots of tight, tugged skin! All that you’re left with( fan it on grrrrl!!) is a perfectly, non-powdery, cohesive, ONE-LAYER makeup look. I’m in LOVE
Heather M.
Tacoma
I bought this product after seeing a YouTube beauty guru try this product and recommended it. It did help my makeup to stay in place but I had to do two coats over my face! It didn’t feel my face feeling sticky. I would recommend this product if you’re looking for a lightweight setting spray. I would purchase again!
Grace N.
Boston , MA
THIS KEEP EVERYTHING IN PLACE! Where I live during the summer the humidity can get to more than 90%. On top of that I take dance classes in air conditioned studios and even after 2 hours of sweating my make is still in place. It is AMAZING! I also have really oily skin and this seems to control that quite well :)
Caroline W.
I bought this product because I have super oily skin and I was fed up with my makeup melting off my face during the hot days of the summer, making me look like a poor man's Joker impersonator. I hate it. Even with a primer, my makeup still gets gross after a few hours outside, and I get super oily and shiny. Not cool (both literally and metaphorically speaking).
The first time I used this product I was really disappointed because it didn't seem to do much. I spritzed it on over my makeup like it says, and it didn't make things any worse/cause cakiness, but I wouldn't say it overall helped my makeup last longer. Plus, I was still really shiny. An upside was that I could use it after doing my eyes and it didn't make my (non-waterproof) mascara run at all, but that was it. Then, after reading some reviews for a different setting spray, I tried using this spray before I put on my foundation. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
I typically cleanse-moisturize-prime before my foundation. After spritzing this 2-3 times over my primer and letting dry, I applied my foundation. I did everything except my eyes (concealer, blush etc) and spritzed again. My makeup did not budge ALL DAY, even though I was working outside in the sun. Nor did my face feel dry or tight. Being a scientist, I then tried the same technique with two different primers (HG's Veil, and a cheap drugstore one) and it still kept my makeup in place every time.
Now - I still was shiny after a full day outside but MUFE doesn't claim this product controls oil, so it's not fair to dock stars for that, IMO. When I used my foundation that IS oil-controlling (the Hourglass one), I got the total oil control and setting effect I wanted. I looked flawless after a full day outside in the dust and heat.
Overall, I'm really pleased with this. Since I personally want the oil control, I will probably find a different setting spray for my oily skin for use in the summer, but this one still deserves five stars for keeping my makeup cool and in place all day despite the heat. I have taken to using it at work, where I don't get as shiny, and I bet it would be great in the dry winter air too.
Just goes to show you may have to experiment with a product to get the right results for your own special skin!
Rachael P.
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This helps my make up stay in place and looking great for my long shifts at work. As busy as I stay at work, my makeup used to melt right off my face until I used this. It helps it stay put and keeps me looking great! It also work well in the blistering heat of summer keeping me looking fresh.
Commarrah B.
GOAT setting spray. For hours and beyond a slight sheen of sweat, this setting spray doesn't allow your makeup to move an inch. I use it all the time. Keeps makeup on for light activity all day. I wouldn't use it on stage, because it's not Ben Nye Final Seal, but it is the offstage version for me. No scent.
Freyal B.
Hoffman Estates, IL
Sorry to say but this product did not met my expectations. I was expecting that this spray would feel like matte and set my makeup,but it did not. It has made the whole look cakey after I applied the foundation on. Rather, it could be used for the eyeshadow look when using loose pigments.
Cassandra T.
ukiah
Omg this is one of the best things in my makeup bags it helps so much and makes makeup last all day it’s honestly great most of the ppl that I know I let them try it and they fell in love
Julie S.
Ames, IA
I did like this! I was very hesitant on this product but it was very nice! Small so could travel with this! Was a lot better then I thought! Felt smooth on my face! Was not that expensive! I would recommend.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
sara w.
Philadelphia, PA
i've never used an actual setting spray, just hydrating mists and i haven't noticed if they've really helped the longevity of my makeup. is this better than urban decay? that's the one i hear the most about!
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry