BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

• I have had this setting spray for a while and I've noticed that w...1 Answers
  • Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Caroline W.
I bought this product because I have super oily skin and I was fed up with my makeup melting off my face during the hot days of the summer, making me look like a poor man's Joker impersonator. I hate it. Even with a primer, my makeup still gets gross after a few hours outside, and I get super oily and shiny. Not cool (both literally and metaphorically speaking).
The first time I used this product I was really disappointed because it didn't seem to do much. I spritzed it on over my makeup like it says, and it didn't make things any worse/cause cakiness, but I wouldn't say it overall helped my makeup last longer. Plus, I was still really shiny. An upside was that I could use it after doing my eyes and it didn't make my (non-waterproof) mascara run at all, but that was it. Then, after reading some reviews for a different setting spray, I tried using this spray before I put on my foundation. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
I typically cleanse-moisturize-prime before my foundation. After spritzing this 2-3 times over my primer and letting dry, I applied my foundation. I did everything except my eyes (concealer, blush etc) and spritzed again. My makeup did not budge ALL DAY, even though I was working outside in the sun. Nor did my face feel dry or tight. Being a scientist, I then tried the same technique with two different primers (HG's Veil, and a cheap drugstore one) and it still kept my makeup in place every time.
Now - I still was shiny after a full day outside but MUFE doesn't claim this product controls oil, so it's not fair to dock stars for that, IMO. When I used my foundation that IS oil-controlling (the Hourglass one), I got the total oil control and setting effect I wanted. I looked flawless after a full day outside in the dust and heat.
Overall, I'm really pleased with this. Since I personally want the oil control, I will probably find a different setting spray for my oily skin for use in the summer, but this one still deserves five stars for keeping my makeup cool and in place all day despite the heat. I have taken to using it at work, where I don't get as shiny, and I bet it would be great in the dry winter air too.
Just goes to show you may have to experiment with a product to get the right results for your own special skin!
Rachael P.
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! This helps my make up stay in place and looking great for my long shifts at work. As busy as I stay at work, my makeup used to melt right off my face until I used this. It helps it stay put and keeps me looking great! It also work well in the blistering heat of summer keeping me looking fresh.
Commarrah B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
GOAT setting spray. For hours and beyond a slight sheen of sweat, this setting spray doesn't allow your makeup to move an inch. I use it all the time. Keeps makeup on for light activity all day. I wouldn't use it on stage, because it's not Ben Nye Final Seal, but it is the offstage version for me. No scent.
Freyal B.
Hoffman Estates, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Sorry to say but this product did not met my expectations. I was expecting that this spray would feel like matte and set my makeup,but it did not. It has made the whole look cakey after I applied the foundation on. Rather, it could be used for the eyeshadow look when using loose pigments.
Cassandra T.
Omg this is one of the best things in my makeup bags it helps so much and makes makeup last all day it’s honestly great most of the ppl that I know I let them try it and they fell in love
Erica B.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I finally got to try this and it has replaced all other sprays in my collection. First this has an amazing sprayer. Like I would buy again just for the nozzle alone. This not only sets my makeup and keeps it glowing all day long but is the perfect spritz on a brush for my shimmer eye shadows
Nadiya I.
Bronx , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
So glad I found this gem and I have not turned back. It set my makeup so beautifully and takes away the powder look. I take a bath in this so I run through it quick lol. Its not dry which is a super plus for me. My skin feels refreshed after I use this. I urge you to give it a try!
Amber E.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
 This setting spray is really good! Not only is it great for helping your makeup last longer, but it doubles as a skincare product as well which I love. It boosts oxygenation on your face, so it leaves your face looking radiant and dewy as well as feeling super moisturized. It also helps protect your face against pollutants, which is amazing for a setting spray!
Charlea M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought the smaller bottle of this setting spray for $15 and it feels like I haven't applied anything to my face. My makeup stays on all day and continues to look fabulous. I only need 2 sprays and it stays in place. I definitely recommend this product, and I will continue using this!
Vickie L.
Washington
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is like glue on my face -- but in a good way. It keeps my makeup in place. I wish it would give it a little dew, but not too much! I will save this for when it is humid outside and my oils tend to breakthrough. I would recommend this for folks that live in a warm and humid environment.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
Wendy G.
Clearwater, FL
What kind of smell is it? Delightful or nah? How much? Worth the price
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry