BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #12 in Setting Spray

• I have had this setting spray for a while and I've noticed that w...1 Answers
  • Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Rain K.
It does lock in your makeup all day long! This one and the one from Urban Decay are my favorites. So I use them alternatively. I like how fine it sprays, and drys up quickly. On the hot summer days, I apply this before AND after applying base makeup which really helps the foundation to last all day without getting shiny.
The best part about this spray is that it DOESN'T contain alcohol!!! Since I have dry skin, I always try my best to avoid any product that contains alcohol. If you have dry-combination skin, this product is definitely worth trying.
Isneth G.
I really love this setting spray as it works amazingly for every skin type. It holds up your makeup very well throughout the day. The finish is absolutely beautiful as it will not leave your face too matte or dewy, just natural. The scent is also pleasant and not fragrant or overwhelming. I recommend this setting spray as it is a very underrated little gem. I have to have this in my makeup arsenal always.
Alicia R.
This setting spray is OK. I bought it for my wedding at the suggestion of Sephora employee. It seemed to keep my makeup set in place for a few hours but definitely not the whole day like I was expecting. It was very rainy and humid on my wedding day, and in the pictures, you can see the toll that the weather took on my makeup. The setting spray did not hold up against the elements. I really would have liked it to do a better job. I will not buy again.
Elizabeth N.
Bozeman, MT
I'm not sure if this actually works, but I've been using it for years for dress up events during the summer. In warmer weather my makeup tends to slide or melt off, so I like to spray my face after application with Mist & Fix. It seems like my makeup stays in place better when I use it, but I don't have proof. I've been to a few weddings in 90 degree weather and when I don't use this setting spray I swear I sweat more.
Izabel P.
Baumholder Germany
This product is hands down amazing. It is so versatile whether you want to set you makeup to last for hours or you want your makeup to have that extra natural finish this is the ultimate do-all product. I used it to set my finished face to last for hours. I have also used it to soften my makeup to prevent from that cakieness texture. Keep it in you set bag so you can spray throughout the day or photo shoot for a refresher! Nothing bad to say about this product here! Give it a try and you will see for you self. Such a great product!
Linda L.
Round Rock, TX
I absolutely LOVE this setting spray. It's definitely in my top 3. This setting spray does everything I want it to. It helps mesh all the layers of my makeup together, it takes away the powdery/cakey look of my makeup, and it helps make my makeup last for a very long time. Most importantly, the sprayer is great. It dispenses a really fine mist, which makes me love this product even more.
isrA M.
Fuquay varina , NC
This Make Up For Ever mist and setting spray is a good setting spray. it Sets your make up and gives a natural dewy look. It definitely helps your make up last longer. It's just as good as the Urban Decay setting sprays. even though its not as expensive as the urban decay setting spray there are other setting sprays if you don't want to spend this much on a setting spray try the e.l.f one.
Kristen I.
Hitchcock, TX
I bought the small bottle of this at sephora and it isn't too expensive but I would have to say that it's not the best setting spray out there and I bet you can find something better for the same price if not cheaper. I haven't used it much but when I did it kind of seem like it kept my makeup looking good for most of the day and sometimes I would wake up and my makeup would still look good but the bottle is cheesy and instead of getting a mist, you get huge wet drops randomly spread across your face. I probably would not buy it again. It is still a good product but I think there are better options
Claribel M.
The spray works well enough to set your make-up. I have no complaints about that. I took off one star because the spray is too thick. It's more of a spray than a mist and so it releases a lot of product at once and it's a bit harsh and too wet. I had the Mac setting spray which I loved because the mist was perfectly light and you didn't feel like all of your make-up was going to run off of your face. And no, I do not use more than necessary (in case you're wondering)

I took off the other star because it's scented and I don't care much for scented sprays on my face. Maybe I missed that on the package; that would be my fault. But the scent is strong (at lea
Arushi S.
I'm on my second little bottle. Can't finish my makeup without it! I used to use the UD All nighter then switched to this when they had a shortage recently. Makes cakey foundation look more natural and glowy. The look made me feel kind of uncertain at first, but give it 15 minutes to settle in and then my makeup looks much more soft and unified. adds a lot of shine to the skin, so those who don't like that look should stay away from this. Feels slightly sticky at first though, but that feeling goes away. However I don't like the way it sprays, the spray could be finer and mist-like for a more even coverage.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME
Are setting sprays worth the money?
Kimberly G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA
sara w.
Philadelphia, PA
i've never used an actual setting spray, just hydrating mists and i haven't noticed if they've really helped the longevity of my makeup. is this better than urban decay? that's the one i hear the most about!
Rachel L.
how long does this take to dry