BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #13 in Setting Spray

• Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.
I purchased this product because I needed something to help me set my foundation without the use of powder. I have sensitive dry skin, large pores, and some mild rosecea (sp.?). I use a sunscreen to protect me from getting sunburned and a liquid foundation to cover up the ruddiness. However, when I tried to use powder to set my make-up, it would settle into my pores and make me look ashy and "drag-queeny."

The product does what it is supposed to do. Just make sure you spray it 12" to 16" away from your face. Any closer and you wind up with sticky spots. Also use only 1 to 3 sprays to set your make-up. Anything more than that and again, you'll wind up with a sticky feeling. I mist it on my face after I put on my eyeliner and mascara. It helps prevent me from getting raccoon eyes.

Overall, I like this product and would recommend it if you are looking for an alternative to powder setting your make-up.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
I'm a huge fan of Makeup Forever, and when I purchased this on a whim after advice from an associate that it was better than Fix Plus, I may have gone into it with expectations too high. It is not Fix Plus, and it is not incredibly mattifying. If either of those things are very important to you, I've got much better recommendations. It's the very definition of 'a setting spray's a setting spray,' and for that, I couldn't justify the price again. I will say that I really like to use it instead of water or my matte spray on my brush before applying my eyeshadow. You get very true color, and because it isn't matte, your shimmers won't get clumpy or weird. That said, you can achieve a similar effect with good ol' H2O. Like I said, wouldn't recommend.
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Oklahoma City , OK
Next to Mac Fix+ this is the best setting spray for a dewy finish out there. Urban Decay all nighter is a classic, but tends to dry me out and make my face look cakey (even though i've repurchased it more times than I can count) Using Mist & Fix and patting my face lightly with a beauty blender helps the spray soak up the powder and "glue" my baby hairs and peach fuzz down to my face so they aren't as noticeable. This also works great for foiling eyeshadows. It's a bit more expensive than UD and Fix+, so I'm deducting 1 star (only a half if I could) , however, you can get the travel size for substantially cheaper, and it's easy to throw in your purse to freshen up your makeup throughout the day, and leave you feeling hydrated.
Yes G.
Yes G.
Not a huge fan. Idk if I'm not using it correctly but how can someone mess up on using this? I bought it because of the claim it would build a rub resistant barrier. Well my foundation ended up all over my shirt collar. I put my makeup on set it with this spray. Did some chores around the house before I headed to work then put my shirt on. So I made sure my face was completely dry before I put shirt on and foundation still ended up all over my collar. For the price I would hope it was true to its claims. My makeup didn't fade away but I did have all the rub off which I was not happy about.
Lianne R.
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA
This is by far the best setting spray I've ever tried. I use it before foundation and also as a setting spray. The first time I used it was when my face didn't have primer and it was oily, so I borrowed my sis MUFE spray and spritzed it on my face. It absorbed all the oil and I was completely matte! I went and bought it and now I use it everyday. I even play 18 holes of golf in 95 degree weather and my makeup looks flawless. No oil at all and I have combo oily skin. I've used it for 3 days and so far, no breakouts, so that's a plus!
Kara N.
Kara N.
West Chester, OH
I love almost everything MUFE, but this is not one of those things. My favorite go-to setting spray is Urban Decay's original. This setting spray by MUFE does not keep my makeup in place the way UD's does. Instead of coming out in a fine mist this comes out in heavy squirts so it leaves your face wet in certain spots and untouched in others. Your best bet is to go with Urban Decay if you are looking for a good setting spray that is going to keep your makeup looking fresh for hours and hours.
Kera Y.
Kera Y.
This setting spray is everything!!! It takes your makeup game to the next level by vreatong a water reisitany barrier onto your face keeping your makeup looking new for up to 14 hours! This makeu line ised in everyday, film, and television settings is truly a brand with amazing products and Mist & Fix is one of their staple products. Spray directly on to the face after finished makeup application, for a water resistant, semi matte finished look for all day wear.
Dana W.
Dana W.
Henderson, NV
I'm not sold on setting sprays. It is easy to use so I almost always spray it on when I finish my makeup just in case, but I haven't noticed much of a change in how long my makeup lasts. I wish it had a finer mister on top so I didn't get such big drops on my face. I feel like it takes a little longer to dry completely than a finer mist would.

I still use a setting powder if I want my makeup to really stay put long term. This is good when you are in a hurry.
Alicia R.
Alicia R.
This setting spray is OK. I bought it for my wedding at the suggestion of Sephora employee. It seemed to keep my makeup set in place for a few hours but definitely not the whole day like I was expecting. It was very rainy and humid on my wedding day, and in the pictures, you can see the toll that the weather took on my makeup. The setting spray did not hold up against the elements. I really would have liked it to do a better job. I will not buy again.
Sarah D.
Sarah D.
Canandaigua, NY
Makeup Forever Mist and Fix setting spray is definitely my favorite setting spray, even more than Urband Decay Chill makeup setting spray. It is by far the best I have ever tried, in my opinion. I think my last bottle got knocked over into my bathroom trash though, and I am so sad I can't find it and haven't had a chance to repurchase yet. As soon as I can, I will definitely be repurchasing this spray, it's hands down the best setting spray there is.
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
How pertinent is it to use step 1 in this process before using this step?
Hanane E.
Hanane E.
Hilversum
Right now I use the urban decay all nighter. Will this be a better, equal or worst than the UD one?
Ellie D.
Ellie D.
Does this give a dewy look or Turn it patchy ?
Jemini M.
Jemini M.
Passaic, NJ
Is this setting spray better than the Urban Decay allnighter setting spray? I've been using the allnighter for quiet a while and I wanna switch to this one as I heard good reviews. But I'm still not sure. Please help me out and let me know if you've used this and if it's better than UD
Alexis N.
Alexis N.
Hopewell Junction, NY
I have had this setting spray for a while and I've noticed that when it dries on my face it makes my face shiny but when I apply powder it looks fine and holds up. Does this happen to anyone else?