BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #13 in Setting Spray

• I have had this setting spray for a while and I've noticed that w...1 Answers
  • Are setting sprays worth the money?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Melissa B.
I'm a huge fan of Makeup Forever, and when I purchased this on a whim after advice from an associate that it was better than Fix Plus, I may have gone into it with expectations too high. It is not Fix Plus, and it is not incredibly mattifying. If either of those things are very important to you, I've got much better recommendations. It's the very definition of 'a setting spray's a setting spray,' and for that, I couldn't justify the price again. I will say that I really like to use it instead of water or my matte spray on my brush before applying my eyeshadow. You get very true color, and because it isn't matte, your shimmers won't get clumpy or weird. That said, you can achieve a similar effect with good ol' H2O. Like I said, wouldn't recommend.
Yes G.
Not a huge fan. Idk if I'm not using it correctly but how can someone mess up on using this? I bought it because of the claim it would build a rub resistant barrier. Well my foundation ended up all over my shirt collar. I put my makeup on set it with this spray. Did some chores around the house before I headed to work then put my shirt on. So I made sure my face was completely dry before I put shirt on and foundation still ended up all over my collar. For the price I would hope it was true to its claims. My makeup didn't fade away but I did have all the rub off which I was not happy about.
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA
This is by far the best setting spray I've ever tried. I use it before foundation and also as a setting spray. The first time I used it was when my face didn't have primer and it was oily, so I borrowed my sis MUFE spray and spritzed it on my face. It absorbed all the oil and I was completely matte! I went and bought it and now I use it everyday. I even play 18 holes of golf in 95 degree weather and my makeup looks flawless. No oil at all and I have combo oily skin. I've used it for 3 days and so far, no breakouts, so that's a plus!
Kara N.
West Chester, OH
I love almost everything MUFE, but this is not one of those things. My favorite go-to setting spray is Urban Decay's original. This setting spray by MUFE does not keep my makeup in place the way UD's does. Instead of coming out in a fine mist this comes out in heavy squirts so it leaves your face wet in certain spots and untouched in others. Your best bet is to go with Urban Decay if you are looking for a good setting spray that is going to keep your makeup looking fresh for hours and hours.
Dana W.
Henderson, NV
I'm not sold on setting sprays. It is easy to use so I almost always spray it on when I finish my makeup just in case, but I haven't noticed much of a change in how long my makeup lasts. I wish it had a finer mister on top so I didn't get such big drops on my face. I feel like it takes a little longer to dry completely than a finer mist would.

I still use a setting powder if I want my makeup to really stay put long term. This is good when you are in a hurry.
Alicia R.
This setting spray is OK. I bought it for my wedding at the suggestion of Sephora employee. It seemed to keep my makeup set in place for a few hours but definitely not the whole day like I was expecting. It was very rainy and humid on my wedding day, and in the pictures, you can see the toll that the weather took on my makeup. The setting spray did not hold up against the elements. I really would have liked it to do a better job. I will not buy again.
Sarah D.
Canandaigua, NY
Makeup Forever Mist and Fix setting spray is definitely my favorite setting spray, even more than Urband Decay Chill makeup setting spray. It is by far the best I have ever tried, in my opinion. I think my last bottle got knocked over into my bathroom trash though, and I am so sad I can't find it and haven't had a chance to repurchase yet. As soon as I can, I will definitely be repurchasing this spray, it's hands down the best setting spray there is.
Sheila S.
Ordered the smaller size to test out. Used the spray on New Years Eve for the first time and I absolutely love the way my make up looked all night! The feeling on my face after spraying it on was amazing. Felt so fresh, and I felt like my makeup looked photoshop finished. I use this product on nights outs, not everyday. I do have a very oily complexion near the end of the work day so I might try using it more often. Would recommend and buy again!
Sedona C.
Stanton, CA
Mist & Fix is a life saver! I love this setting spray so much. It really helps to keep the cakey-ness of a lot of power and makeup toned down. It gives a like dewy finish. It's impossible to tell I'm wearing it. It's completely weightless feeling. It keeps the makeup in place completely in place even on hot days. I have the 125ml bottle. I use it a lot. I bought it back in April and I'm like a third of the way done. It is also frequently used.
Maria Laura R.
Orlando, FL
I really love this, well, I love Make Up Forever. Application is super easy. When I sprayed it definitely went on as a light mist and it had a lovely smell on the initial spritz which after a few seconds there was no scent at all, which is great. It acts as an actual setting spray and reduces the 'cakey-ness' on your face. Great when you have special occasions and want your makeup to last long. Highly recommended, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
Amber P.
The urban decay all nighter . It didn't do much at all. Is this better??
Laurie V.
Appleton, WI
How does this perform for a setting spray? Does it work like fix + to intensify shadows?
Noell F.
Valley Vlg, CA
How does this compare to mac fix plus?
Grace D.
Fleet,London
Is this spray any good at keeping makeup looking matte all day? Is there anything similar that's is just as good?
Erline L.
Is this similar to MAC's fix plus?