Add a Photo

- 40% increase in hydration after 2 hours

Photos (37)
Caroline W.
Caroline W.

I bought this product because I have super oily skin and I was fed up with my makeup melting off my face during the hot days of the summer, making me look like a poor man's Joker impersonator. I hate it. Even with a primer, my makeup still gets gross after a few hours outside, and I get super oily and shiny. Not cool (both literally and metaphorically speaking).
The first time I used this product I was really disappointed because it didn't seem to do much. I spritzed it on over my makeup like it says, and it didn't make things any worse/cause cakiness, but I wouldn't say it overall helped my makeup last longer. Plus, I was still really shiny. An upside was that I could use it after doing my eyes and it didn't make my (non-waterproof) mascara run at all, but that was it. Then, after reading some reviews for a different setting spray, I tried using this spray before I put on my foundation. HUGE DIFFERENCE.
I typically cleanse-moisturize-prime before my foundation. After spritzing this 2-3 times over my primer and letting dry, I applied my foundation. I did everything except my eyes (concealer, blush etc) and spritzed again. My makeup did not budge ALL DAY, even though I was working outside in the sun. Nor did my face feel dry or tight. Being a scientist, I then tried the same technique with two different primers (HG's Veil, and a cheap drugstore one) and it still kept my makeup in place every time.
Now - I still was shiny after a full day outside but MUFE doesn't claim this product controls oil, so it's not fair to dock stars for that, IMO. When I used my foundation that IS oil-controlling (the Hourglass one), I got the total oil control and setting effect I wanted. I looked flawless after a full day outside in the dust and heat.
Overall, I'm really pleased with this. Since I personally want the oil control, I will probably find a different setting spray for my oily skin for use in the summer, but this one still deserves five stars for keeping my makeup cool and in place all day despite the heat. I have taken to using it at work, where I don't get as shiny, and I bet it would be great in the dry winter air too.
Just goes to show you may have to experiment with a product to get the right results for your own special skin!
Samara S.
Samara S.
puerto tejada

I like how this spray makes my make up look well-blended and fresh all day. Most days I just use Bare Minerals matte foundation powder (over moisturizer and Becca pore less priming perfector) and then a little bit of blush and this spray sets everything beautifully. Like other reviewers have written, it is not easy to control the amount with the spray nozzle. It will take some practice to figure out how far you need to have it away from your face so you don't end up with big droplets. Some days when my face ends up a bit too wet, I just stand in front of a fan and it dries in no time and my makeup still looks great. A sales person at Sephora did say this works well with power products (so perfect for Bare Minerals) but I have tried this on Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and it worked well too. As for how it affects my makeup's staying power, it does a good job BUT I have learned that there is a big difference between a setting spray and a finishing spray. Setting sprays make your base and blush and eye shadow sort of "weave" together like a veil while finishing sprays are meant to help your make up stay put. This product is more a setting spray rather than a finishing spray. If I need my make up to hold up through a long day, I find that it works best to spritz UD all-nighter spray on top of MUFE mist and fix. I will likely re-purchase this spray.
Annie V.
Annie V.
Wilson, NC

Valentina F.
Valentina F.
Tucuman

Sana S.
Sana S.

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting SprayIf you want your makeup last longer stays, I always have a base and a fixing spray. Either I have tested many variations and today I review again (for me) new: the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting Spray. This ensures that your makeup stays longer and your skin hydrated for longer stays. Very nice now it is colder!

In comparison, the fine Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray also costs $ 30 for 118 ml. MUFE of this is just a bit cheaper, but really a lot of it does not matter.This light and comfortable fog seal the makeup and keeps it in place by coating the skin with a weightless and invisible film. The fog biedt a continuous protection for the makeup and skin against external attacks (pollution, temperature variations ...) by creating a colorless and imperceptible shield made from active hydrating ingredients.

For movies and photo shoots, professional makeup artists use the Mist & Fix to set the makeup Hence sparing them the task of renewed powder applications. It ook Creates visible depth for close-up shots.

You bring the spray so a layer on your makeup through which ensures that:

your makeup last longer
your makeup lasts all day pretty intense color
moisturizes your skin
Fabiana V.
Fabiana V.

The best thing about Mist & Fix is that is really does live up to its claims! It moisturizes skin and keeps makeup looking fresh and vibrant. I did not find it to leave my skin feeling sticky or heavy, later on. Everything looks fresh and maintenance free, even after several hours. The longest, I have been is 8 hours. I usually do not wear makeup for a full day.

I just spray this after doing my makeup and there is a right way to apply this, otherwise, you will look like a wet mess! Hold the bottle 40cm away from your face and then spritz it all over, while keeping your eyes shut.

I just spray it from as far as my arm would go, and then bring my face forward or backwards, to adjust how much product I want on my face. The nozzle is a BIG let down. It sprays way too much product, that it took me some time, to really figure out, how it will work for me.

If your hand is too close to your face, you will likely get very wet and then it takes a few minutes to dry out completely.
Edenesis Bethel P.

Juana Díaz

Kellie F.
Kellie F.
mountmellick,laois

I like how this spray makes my make up look well-blended and fresh all day. Most days I just use Bare Minerals matte foundation powder (over moisturizer and Becca pore less priming perfector) and then a little bit of blush and this spray sets everything beautifully. Like other reviewers have written, it is not easy to control the amount with the spray nozzle. It will take some practice to figure out how far you need to have it away from your face so you don't end up with big droplets. Some days when my face ends up a bit too wet, I just stand in front of a fan and it dries in no time and my makeup still looks great. A sales person at Sephora did say this works well with power products (so perfect for Bare Minerals) but I have tried this on Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and it worked well too. As for how it affects my makeup's staying power, it does a good job but for long wear I suggest urban decay all nighter setting spray
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.

I purchased this product because I needed something to help me set my foundation without the use of powder. I have sensitive dry skin, large pores, and some mild rosecea (sp.?). I use a sunscreen to protect me from getting sunburned and a liquid foundation to cover up the ruddiness. However, when I tried to use powder to set my make-up, it would settle into my pores and make me look ashy and "drag-queeny."

The product does what it is supposed to do. Just make sure you spray it 12" to 16" away from your face. Any closer and you wind up with sticky spots. Also use only 1 to 3 sprays to set your make-up. Anything more than that and again, you'll wind up with a sticky feeling. I mist it on my face after I put on my eyeliner and mascara. It helps prevent me from getting raccoon eyes.

Overall, I like this product and would recommend it if you are looking for an alternative to powder setting your make-up.
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.

Mandie M.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME

Are setting sprays worth the money?
Ana C.
Ana C.
Tampa, FL

Were can i find this fix setting spray
Kathy M.
Kathy M.
Los Angeles, CA

Is this setting spray as good or better then any on the market?
Gabriela B.
Gabriela B.
Warren, Mi

Does this spray ever make the face cake like? How does it hold up after a few hours?

Join Now