Add a Photo

Photos (27)
Annie V.
Annie V.
Wilson, NC

I like how this spray makes my make up look well-blended and fresh all day. Most days I just use Bare Minerals matte foundation powder (over moisturizer and Becca pore less priming perfector) and then a little bit of blush and this spray sets everything beautifully. Like other reviewers have written, it is not easy to control the amount with the spray nozzle. It will take some practice to figure out how far you need to have it away from your face so you don't end up with big droplets. Some days when my face ends up a bit too wet, I just stand in front of a fan and it dries in no time and my makeup still looks great. A sales person at Sephora did say this works well with power products (so perfect for Bare Minerals) but I have tried this on Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and it worked well too. As for how it affects my makeup's staying power, it does a good job BUT I have learned that there is a big difference between a setting spray and a finishing spray. Setting sprays make your base and blush and eye shadow sort of "weave" together like a veil while finishing sprays are meant to help your make up stay put. This product is more a setting spray rather than a finishing spray. If I need my make up to hold up through a long day, I find that it works best to spritz UD all-nighter spray on top of MUFE mist and fix. I will likely re-purchase this spray.
Valentina F.
Valentina F.
Tucuman

Sana S.
Sana S.

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting SprayIf you want your makeup last longer stays, I always have a base and a fixing spray. Either I have tested many variations and today I review again (for me) new: the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting Spray. This ensures that your makeup stays longer and your skin hydrated for longer stays. Very nice now it is colder!

In comparison, the fine Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray also costs $ 30 for 118 ml. MUFE of this is just a bit cheaper, but really a lot of it does not matter.This light and comfortable fog seal the makeup and keeps it in place by coating the skin with a weightless and invisible film. The fog biedt a continuous protection for the makeup and skin against external attacks (pollution, temperature variations ...) by creating a colorless and imperceptible shield made from active hydrating ingredients.

For movies and photo shoots, professional makeup artists use the Mist & Fix to set the makeup Hence sparing them the task of renewed powder applications. It ook Creates visible depth for close-up shots.

You bring the spray so a layer on your makeup through which ensures that:

your makeup last longer
your makeup lasts all day pretty intense color
moisturizes your skin
Fabiana V.
Fabiana V.

The best thing about Mist & Fix is that is really does live up to its claims! It moisturizes skin and keeps makeup looking fresh and vibrant. I did not find it to leave my skin feeling sticky or heavy, later on. Everything looks fresh and maintenance free, even after several hours. The longest, I have been is 8 hours. I usually do not wear makeup for a full day.

I just spray this after doing my makeup and there is a right way to apply this, otherwise, you will look like a wet mess! Hold the bottle 40cm away from your face and then spritz it all over, while keeping your eyes shut.

I just spray it from as far as my arm would go, and then bring my face forward or backwards, to adjust how much product I want on my face. The nozzle is a BIG let down. It sprays way too much product, that it took me some time, to really figure out, how it will work for me.

If your hand is too close to your face, you will likely get very wet and then it takes a few minutes to dry out completely.
Gabriela V.
Gabriela V.
Juana Díaz

Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.

I purchased this product because I needed something to help me set my foundation without the use of powder. I have sensitive dry skin, large pores, and some mild rosecea (sp.?). I use a sunscreen to protect me from getting sunburned and a liquid foundation to cover up the ruddiness. However, when I tried to use powder to set my make-up, it would settle into my pores and make me look ashy and "drag-queeny."

The product does what it is supposed to do. Just make sure you spray it 12" to 16" away from your face. Any closer and you wind up with sticky spots. Also use only 1 to 3 sprays to set your make-up. Anything more than that and again, you'll wind up with a sticky feeling. I mist it on my face after I put on my eyeliner and mascara. It helps prevent me from getting raccoon eyes.

Overall, I like this product and would recommend it if you are looking for an alternative to powder setting your make-up.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.

I can't recommend this product. I used to love the old formula of this product. The new formula, unfortunately, has been terrible for me. I don't feel like the product improves my makeup's longevity or performance (I've tried it under makeup, over make up, and both). This product also makes makeup sink into my pores. There were days when I would look in the mirror at work and feel embarrassed about how my skin looked. I have a feeling it would work better if the spray was finer - this product has the same spray that you would find in a bottle of windex (MAC's Fix+ has a much finer spray, for reference). The way my makeup started to look after using this got so bad that I can't use it at all. It just makes things look worse, which is such a disappointment.
Mariana M.
Mariana M.

Melissa B.
Melissa B.

I'm a huge fan of Makeup Forever, and when I purchased this on a whim after advice from an associate that it was better than Fix Plus, I may have gone into it with expectations too high. It is not Fix Plus, and it is not incredibly mattifying. If either of those things are very important to you, I've got much better recommendations. It's the very definition of 'a setting spray's a setting spray,' and for that, I couldn't justify the price again. I will say that I really like to use it instead of water or my matte spray on my brush before applying my eyeshadow. You get very true color, and because it isn't matte, your shimmers won't get clumpy or weird. That said, you can achieve a similar effect with good ol' H2O. Like I said, wouldn't recommend.
Maria V.
Maria V.
Medley, FL

I have extremely oily skin, like EXTREMELY oily. I would put on my makeup in the morning and by the time I get to work (2 hrs later), my face was so oily you could fry an egg on it!!! I couldnt stand it and it was so bad that I just decided to stop wearing makeup alltogether. I did my research and read many reviews and decided to try the mist & fix. I thought nothing would be able to conquer my horrible oil prone skin but MUFE Mist & Fix did! I don't even have to touch up my makeup once during the day (unless I want to)! It gives my face a nice natural look between dewy and matte, which is perfect for me. This stuff really works for me and I am so happy that I decided to try it out.
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.

Gabriela B.
Gabriela B.
Warren, Mi

Does this spray ever make the face cake like? How does it hold up after a few hours?
Landa K.
Landa K.
Toronto, Ontario

I just want to know does it last a night over a of dancing on the beach? I want to go to a summer event but I don't want my makeup to melt. Thanks
Tracey M.
Tracey M.
Folsom, PA

Is this better than Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray?
Kathy M.
Kathy M.
Los Angeles, CA

Is this setting spray as good or better then any on the market?

Join Now