Add a Photo

Reviews (2068)
Photos (46)
Sana S.
Sana S.

Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting SprayIf you want your makeup last longer stays, I always have a base and a fixing spray. Either I have tested many variations and today I review again (for me) new: the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix Makeup Setting Spray. This ensures that your makeup stays longer and your skin hydrated for longer stays. Very nice now it is colder!

In comparison, the fine Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray also costs $ 30 for 118 ml. MUFE of this is just a bit cheaper, but really a lot of it does not matter.This light and comfortable fog seal the makeup and keeps it in place by coating the skin with a weightless and invisible film. The fog biedt a continuous protection for the makeup and skin against external attacks (pollution, temperature variations ...) by creating a colorless and imperceptible shield made from active hydrating ingredients.

For movies and photo shoots, professional makeup artists use the Mist & Fix to set the makeup Hence sparing them the task of renewed powder applications. It ook Creates visible depth for close-up shots.

You bring the spray so a layer on your makeup through which ensures that:

your makeup last longer
your makeup lasts all day pretty intense color
moisturizes your skin
Norbeliss M.
Norbeliss M.

I purchased this product because I needed something to help me set my foundation without the use of powder. I have sensitive dry skin, large pores, and some mild rosecea (sp.?). I use a sunscreen to protect me from getting sunburned and a liquid foundation to cover up the ruddiness. However, when I tried to use powder to set my make-up, it would settle into my pores and make me look ashy and "drag-queeny."

The product does what it is supposed to do. Just make sure you spray it 12" to 16" away from your face. Any closer and you wind up with sticky spots. Also use only 1 to 3 sprays to set your make-up. Anything more than that and again, you'll wind up with a sticky feeling. I mist it on my face after I put on my eyeliner and mascara. It helps prevent me from getting raccoon eyes.

Overall, I like this product and would recommend it if you are looking for an alternative to powder setting your make-up.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.

I can't recommend this product. I used to love the old formula of this product. The new formula, unfortunately, has been terrible for me. I don't feel like the product improves my makeup's longevity or performance (I've tried it under makeup, over make up, and both). This product also makes makeup sink into my pores. There were days when I would look in the mirror at work and feel embarrassed about how my skin looked. I have a feeling it would work better if the spray was finer - this product has the same spray that you would find in a bottle of windex (MAC's Fix+ has a much finer spray, for reference). The way my makeup started to look after using this got so bad that I can't use it at all. It just makes things look worse, which is such a disappointment.
Melissa B.
Melissa B.

I'm a huge fan of Makeup Forever, and when I purchased this on a whim after advice from an associate that it was better than Fix Plus, I may have gone into it with expectations too high. It is not Fix Plus, and it is not incredibly mattifying. If either of those things are very important to you, I've got much better recommendations. It's the very definition of 'a setting spray's a setting spray,' and for that, I couldn't justify the price again. I will say that I really like to use it instead of water or my matte spray on my brush before applying my eyeshadow. You get very true color, and because it isn't matte, your shimmers won't get clumpy or weird. That said, you can achieve a similar effect with good ol' H2O. Like I said, wouldn't recommend.
Brittany W.
Brittany W.
Oklahoma City, OK

Next to Mac Fix+ this is the best setting spray for a dewy finish out there. Urban Decay all nighter is a classic, but tends to dry me out and make my face look cakey (even though i've repurchased it more times than I can count) Using Mist & Fix and patting my face lightly with a beauty blender helps the spray soak up the powder and "glue" my baby hairs and peach fuzz down to my face so they aren't as noticeable. This also works great for foiling eyeshadows. It's a bit more expensive than UD and Fix+, so I'm deducting 1 star (only a half if I could) , however, you can get the travel size for substantially cheaper, and it's easy to throw in your purse to freshen up your makeup throughout the day, and leave you feeling hydrated.
Mahrukh S.
Mahrukh S.
Richmond, CA

This setting spray is probably one of the best I've purchased. I spray it on my face around 5AM before work and my make up looks just as good around 8PM as it did when I put it on in the morning. I work in a restaurant so I face a ton of different temperatures. I'll be perfectly honest and say that my make up does require a tiny bit of touch up in the eye department but skin-wise it could stand up to another few hours of a night out. It doesn't dry out my foundation like the UD all nighter spray would so that's a definite plus. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend it.
Yes G.
Yes G.

Not a huge fan. Idk if I'm not using it correctly but how can someone mess up on using this? I bought it because of the claim it would build a rub resistant barrier. Well my foundation ended up all over my shirt collar. I put my makeup on set it with this spray. Did some chores around the house before I headed to work then put my shirt on. So I made sure my face was completely dry before I put shirt on and foundation still ended up all over my collar. For the price I would hope it was true to its claims. My makeup didn't fade away but I did have all the rub off which I was not happy about.
Lianne R.
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA

This is by far the best setting spray I've ever tried. I use it before foundation and also as a setting spray. The first time I used it was when my face didn't have primer and it was oily, so I borrowed my sis MUFE spray and spritzed it on my face. It absorbed all the oil and I was completely matte! I went and bought it and now I use it everyday. I even play 18 holes of golf in 95 degree weather and my makeup looks flawless. No oil at all and I have combo oily skin. I've used it for 3 days and so far, no breakouts, so that's a plus!
Kayathri R.
Kayathri R.
Montreal, Quebec

Love this setting spray and the finish it gives. It acts as an actual setting spray and reduces the 'cakey-ness' on your face. Great when you have special occasions and want your makeup to last long. I bought the travel size at first after seeing Jaclyn Hill's review on it. I have dry skin and i feel like this product refreshes and hydrates my skin at the same time.
Only downside was the mist pump..sometimes it releases too much and can spray hard onto your face. Therefore always keep it a hand away before spraying on your face.
Eva S.
Eva S.

Makeup for ever is a pro brand. It may be on the pricey side, but its attention to detail for all skin types is great, including with this makeup spray. Its perfect for my temperamental combination and sensitive skin and leaves my makeup packed on all day and night, it has a lightweight feeling, and yet does the job amazingly, with a beautiful finish. I would recommend to anyone who wants to get the most out of their makeup, money well spent, one of the best setting sprays I've ever purchased:) would buy again!
Kimberly G.
Kimberly G.

Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Calhoun, GA

Mandie M.
Mandie M.
Saint David, ME

Are setting sprays worth the money?
Ana C.
Ana C.
Tampa, FL

Were can i find this fix setting spray
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Levittown, NY

Is this better than the Smashbox one? Does it really help your makeup last long and look nicer?

Join Now