MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation

• 24-hour wear*

• Oil-free

*Instrumental test on 20 subjects

Reason to believe:

The innovative Flexi-Fit Complex allows Matte Velvet Skin’s lightweight, oil-free formula to bend and breathe with your skin for a flexible full-coverage foundation that never cakes, flakes or fades.

Is this full coverage? How well does it work with combination skin, I've really want to give this a try
How does this foundation compare to their HD foundation? I love that one but am interested in trying this one out.
I need to try this 🙋 🙋🙋🙋
Start your review of MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation!
Pomona, CA
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Marelyn M.
Review for: Desert Y365
I received a full size sample of this foundation from Influenster. Unfortunately it was maybe 2 shades too light for my skin. I still went ahead and tried it on to test out the formula and coverage. First, I have really bad combo skin. T zone is super oily, the rest of my face super dry. So it’s quite hard finding a good balanced foundation. Upon opening the foundation first thing was the scent. It has such a lovely smell to it, I’m not sure how to describe it, but it’s not a chemical smell. The formula is smooth and lightweight. Not sticky, Cakey or thick. A little bit really went a long way. It covered so much, I didn’t have to build into the coverage like I do with other foundations. Blurred a lot of my pores, covered imperfections very very nicely. I left it on for a few hours and it held very nicely (with no powder or anything since it wasn’t my right shade). I’m definitely happy with the product itself and will be looking for my actual shade. Here’s a before and after application, it definitely made a huge (positive) difference
Nashville, TN
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Zaman A.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Zaman A.
Review for: Natural Beige Y345
I received this foundation complimentary. I like the coverage of this foundation. It was semi-matte on my skin compared to the Make Up For Ever HD foundation (which doesn’t have as much coverage and is pretty luminous on the skin). If you’re prone to oily skin, I think this foundation will work great. On my skin it was a bit dry, but my skin tends to be dry during colder months. I would definitely use this more in the summer time. It does feel lightweight on the skin that I do enjoy.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Alyssa C.
Review for: Alabaster Y205
I am head over heals for this foundation from @makeupforeverofficial This foundation feels like nothing, and covers everything. It's blendable, it's buildable, it's lasting, and it's everything you want from a foundation and more. Although the price tag might seem a little steep for some, this foundation is a steal! You only need a little to cover your whole face and neck. It really lasts all day so there's no need to touch it up at all. #mattevelvetskin #contest #complimentary #mattevelvetskin @Influenster @makeupforeverus
Ft Lauderdale, FL
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Shena M.
Review for: Golden sand Y375
My first time using the makeupforeverus #mattevelvetskin foundation sent to me #complimentary by influenster for testing purposes. I must say I absolutely love it! While it is lightweight, It is buildable, provided a full coverage and a little goes a long way. It's a liquid foundation but dried like a smooth powder. My pores were less visible after application so I also love the blurring effect. Application was a breeze as I used my fingers to apply and did my finishing touches using my brushes. It held up quite a bit through a night out. I definitely recommend it for combination to oily skin.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Kristal J.
Review for: Golden sand Y375
Tested this foundation out for two days and the first day was a fail. I did not know this was a medium to full coverage foundation and I basically put way too much on. Made it work somehow but it seemed "too matte" for my taste. Didn't work out with a foundation brush and thought maybe the color choice was too light for me. But I decided to give it a second chance. This time I used my Becca Backlight Priming Filter primer and a makeup sponge to apply the foundation. I added a little at a time and built the coverage this time around. Let me tell you, the Becca primer helped out alot as well as the sponge. So far so good on the foundation. I don't look cakey or oily.
Ashland, MA
Review for: Flesh Y325
Overall a great foundation. It claims to be: 1. Non-cakey velvety matte finish - definitely matte finish, and feels velvety upon application and leaves the skin soft. It’s only non-cakey if you have a perfect “canvas”. 2. Reducing pores - can’t say I noticed a difference, but the fact that it’s oil free allows for the matte finish and not ideal on dry skin. 3. Waterproof/24hr wear - it’s not runny and doesn’t transfer. Can’t say about the 24hrs but definitely lasts for the day. 4. Full coverage - it’s more of a medium coverage, but it’s buildable. I apply with the Clarisonic, so it blends easily. If you have flawless skin and like the matte finish, this is the foundation for you. I don’t have even textured skin, so I feel like this foundation only makes the imperfections more prominent.
San Diego, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Soft Sand Y245
I received this .16 oz sample as part of a beauty box subscription. Usually I use BB or CC Creams because of the SPF and other healthful ingredients but sometimes they do not provide enough coverage for scars from skin cancer. This brand is generally a good solid choice and the 24hour aspect of this matte type is pretty good. The color match (which as selected for me) is perfect! My only regret is that it is a little drying even when used with a good base of moisturizer and primer. Box says it’s for normal to oily skin. I will save the rest of this for summer use when the humidity makes my skin a lot more moist. Overall, I would probably buy this brand for that purpose but not use it much in the winter.
Springfield, OR
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Kaycie T.
I received this foundation complimentary to test and review, and I really really like it! It's great coverage without feeling heavy on my skin. My face feels nice and smooth and seems to stay and last well too. It goes on nicely, not streaky or tacky and I feel like I can build coverage where it's needed without looking uneven. Does have a slight like rosey scent to me, but only when I was first applying it.
Denver, CO
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Danielle D.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by Danielle D.
Review for: Ivory Beige Y235
I have just received my #complimentary product for testing purposes from influenster and I have got to say I really like foundation. It feels so lightweight almost like a BB cream, it literally feels like I don’t have makeup on. I am pretty red around the cheek area but it gave me amazing coverage!!! I did apply with a brush so I did feel like I could see a couple brush strokes maybe because the texture is so silky so next time I will try with a beauty blender but I still feel like it looks great. The foundation was also a little flakey where I had a dry spot so that was the only down fall. The color is maybe a shade off but I suppose that is my fault since I picked the color so maybe next time I do my makeup I will mix with a darker foundation or bronze my face. Will definitely purchase when I run out!!
Indio, CA
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by ‍A A.
MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation uploaded by ‍A A.
Review for: Marble Y225
This product is said to be, non-cakey, oil free, matte and water proof! I have a super oily t-zone & I live in the desert 🌵. This foundation will be 1 of my go tos for a long time forsure! I love how it wears and it does not make my face feel super dry or stiff. 😍
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Norton , VA
7 months ago
So I was matched with the Y315 of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Matte Velvet Foundation my favorite, at my local Sephora but she forgot to tell me what my color iq is.. Can someone please help me out with this answer ASAP? Sephora is over an hour away so I don't get to go over there often..
Claudia V. • 4 months ago