MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #68 in Liquid Foundation

A shine controlling, oil-free, water-resistant, complete coverage liquid foundation. What it is formulated to: Hides imperfections, evens out skintone, and mattifies with a non-oily, perfectly powdered finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours. Although this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs a little goes a long way. Research results:-Study panel composed of 22 adults (using a 48 hour patch test) showed this product to be non-irritating and non-comedogenic.

• I have combo/ acne prone skin. What it the coverage of this like?...4 Answers
  • Is this foundation worth the money?22 Answers
  • How do you apply this product, because I have been applying it wi...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "I have slightly oily skin, so this is perfect for me - and since I occasionally have breakouts, the fact that I can layer it for heavier coverage is AMAZING. " in 47 reviews
  • "this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs a little goes a long way. " in 24 reviews
  • "It has a medium to buildable coverage, velvety matte finish (definitely doesn't look too flat), is water resistant and long lasting." in 15 reviews
  • "i love this and the concelar great coverage but not to fond of the prices overall it may be one of the best ive ever used!" in 11 reviews
  • "I went in to be matched TWICE and they couldn't get it right.. Looks so cakey when it's on and my skin tone wasn't a good match for any of the available shades." in 11 reviews
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Fell in love with this at very first use! Trust me when I say it's totally worth it and a little really does go a looong way! Flawless! Great formula! Only thing I wish is that I would of got a shade or 2 darker than what I bought, I noticed its too light on me now. Works great with a good foundation brush or beauty blender... Never had to use my fingers so not sure on that but this stuff really is great and yes I absolutely would buy again (even tho it's not cheap!) this is the first makeup forever foundation I've ever used and I would love to try their others, I'm sure they are great!
Jasmine B.
Review for: 80 Cognac more...
If you are tired of searching for a foundation that won't clog your pores or melt on your face, try  MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation .  I would highly recommend this matte foundation for dark skin women with combination or oily skin.  I applied this foundation at 8 in the morning and stayed matte until around 2 in the afternoon.  I only needed to blot my nose because the foundation DID NOT MOVE on my cheeks, forehead and chin.  When I use the right primer and setting products, it lasts even longer.  The foundation goes on matte but it's not drying.  It also doesn't transfer when I wear my glasses.

I use my  Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush - Black to blend and buff it across my skin.  The finish doesn't look patchy.  This is a medium to full coverage foundation that won't sink into or emphasize your pores.

I am absolutely raving about the wide range of colors.  I only wish that the foundation came in a pump because I feel like some of it goes wasted because I can't get it all out of the bottle.
Megan N.
Oakbrook Ter, IL
I swear by this! Before i started using Makeup for ever I tried a TON of coverup brands. From heavy to nedium to light coverage. I had trouble with certain makeups not fitting my skin tone or making me have an "orange" look. This is the first coverup that matches my skin perfectly. Its a medium to light coverage and almost glow like on your skin. The only reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 is because it doesnt seem to last all day long. Other than that I would highly recommend it! Make some bigger bottles too!!!!
Taylor H.
Broadview .
Review for: 65 - Golden Beige more...
They wouldve had 5 stars if they make a color that matches me instead I have mix two foundation colors but thats not a deal breaker. Off my experience my face had full coverage like 9 hrs and it gave me a matte look.  My skin type is oily so this product was up to par and i would recommend anyone with oily skin to try out this brand. Make sure your apply a primer before applying foindation product only last like 6hrs then.  Try it for yourself and see if its your new fave .
LaToya G.
Killeen, TX
This makeup is okay. I have combination skin and although I used a primer that one of the workers at makeupforever suggested, my t zones got super slick and the makeup felt like it melted away. However, I would recommend this makeup if you’re going out for a short event. The shade I have is 80.
Beautiful L.
I tried this foundation a little while ago because it was recommended to me and I fell in love. I have been using this foundation for a couple of years and this will always be in my makeup collection. It’s not too pricey and a little does a long way. I have and will continue to recommend this to others
Destiny H.
New Orleans, LA
Review for: 45 - Soft Beige more...
I did try a sample of the matte velvet it worked so well and blends so easy and you just need a little bit of product not too much but it did make me break out so it's not good for those with sensitive skin but for anyone who is not allergic to anything or does not break out easily I do recommend this to them it is a little high end but it can be affordable to some of those who love high-end products.
Leah B.
I love Makeup Forever! I have super sensitive to combination skin and breakout easily when using some foundations. This product is amazing! It’s easy to apply and has even helped my skin tone! It smells amazing and gives you a full coverage while making you feel like you aren’t even wearing foundation. It lasts all day and doesn’t rub off on your phone and clothes.
Jenn K.
Knoxville, TN
This is my favorite foundation I have ever used! I've tried other similar products, but I keep coming back to this foundation! I have a big problem finding foundation light enough for my skin tone, and this foundation has ranges that always match me! It gives medium-full coverage and is extremely buildable. The finish is very matte but it never looks washed out or cakey. I love this foundation!
Sara M.
Kansas City
Truly suitable for any skin type depending on skin prep. This is a full-bodied full-coverage Foundation. If you’re looking for a dollface perfect complexion, look no further. Best applied with a beauty blender, this is the high glam high coverage foundation of dreams. A savior for oily users but not drying for dry users (properly prepped). This is always a go-to
Nicole B.
Is this foundation worth the money?
Sarah B.
Pasco, WA
Is it good for really oily skin? Does it last a long day? The coverage it gives you? Full coverage? Medium? Light?
Susana S.
Las Vegas, NV
Do I or should I set this foundation?
Jessica H.
The village , OK
Does this give your skin a natural look? How is it with oily skin?
Amanda E.
Sacramento, CA
Would you recommend this more for oily , dry , or combination skin?