MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #64 in Liquid Foundation

The Mat Velvet + foundation conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and matifies with a non-oily finish. The Mat Velvet + foundation conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and matifies with a non-oily powdery finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours long. Its smooth, fluid texture is very stable, water-resistant and long-lasting. While it has a good coverage, it is also easy to apply. The end result can be fitted to your needs. Applied lightly, Mat Velvet + provides a natural, matte look to the complexion. Using several layers to help conceal blemishes creates a supple and elastic velvety finish. This new oil-free and non comedogenic formula is suited to sensitive skins.

• I have combo/ acne prone skin. What it the coverage of th...4 Answers
  • Is this foundation worth the money?22 Answers
  • Is this friendly for dry skin ?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs a little goes a long way. " in 24 reviews
  • "It has a medium to buildable coverage, velvety matte finish (definitely doesn't look too flat), is water resistant and long lasting." in 15 reviews
  • "i love this and the concelar great coverage but not to fond of the prices overall it may be one of the best ive ever used!" in 11 reviews
  • "I went in to be matched TWICE and they couldn't get it right.. Looks so cakey when it's on and my skin tone wasn't a good match for any of the available shades." in 11 reviews
  • "It keeps me matte for about 3-4 hours which is pretty good, considering I'm in a stuffy school for 7 hours." in 7 reviews
Jasmine B.
Review for: 80 Cognac more...
If you are tired of searching for a foundation that won't clog your pores or melt on your face, try  MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation .  I would highly recommend this matte foundation for dark skin women with combination or oily skin.  I applied this foundation at 8 in the morning and stayed matte until around 2 in the afternoon.  I only needed to blot my nose because the foundation DID NOT MOVE on my cheeks, forehead and chin.  When I use the right primer and setting products, it lasts even longer.  The foundation goes on matte but it's not drying.  It also doesn't transfer when I wear my glasses.

I use my  Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush - Black to blend and buff it across my skin.  The finish doesn't look patchy.  This is a medium to full coverage foundation that won't sink into or emphasize your pores.

I am absolutely raving about the wide range of colors.  I only wish that the foundation came in a pump because I feel like some of it goes wasted because I can't get it all out of the bottle.
Jdore V.
United States
Review for: 70 Caramel more...
Now MUFE and I had an secret affair you didn't know about.. that consisted of daily liquid usage (how controversial I know...). I came across this gem almost three years ago and it became a holy grail instantly. The color match was spot on, although it was a little orangey so I could've used #67 but that wasn't available so #70 was almost perfect. The velvety finish felt and looked so good, did wonders for my combo oily skin. I will always reccomend this product as it's still great. The only thing I dislike is how the price increased since I've used it. It was $37, now it's $41 so I'm rocking with Studio Fix for now. But, I shall be back in time!
Daisy G.
This foundation was a recommended to me by a sephora worker and i really like that they had a shade that had pinkish and golden undertone which i am its hard to find that in other foundation i have oily skin and i wore this out all day in the summer in texas which is hooot and i didnt even feel like i had foundation on the only thing i didnt like is that it kind of sinked into the lines in the dent under my lip above my chin and side of my nose and its kinda pricey for such a small bottle
Amy K.
Mexia
LOVE LIVE LOVE this foundation. I finally found a shade light enough for my skin tone. Matched my skin perfectly which is really hard for me to find the foundation itself has a medium to full coverage and dries really smooth and matte. It’s not tack or Dewey at all but still feels like there’s nothing on your skin. I don’t even use a setting powder when I use this foundation because it stays all day and it doesn’t need the added layer. Bronzer and contour blended perfectly over it.
Brittany L.
Bunnlevel, NC
Review for: 45 Soft Beige more...
This is my holy grail foundation. I use it everyday. It has very nice coverage and is pretty buildable. It does not break me out and has a great matte finish. I like it because it is full coverage but doesn't feel too heavy. I have tried many different foundations and this is the one I keep going back to. The color is a perfect match for my skin as well. I only wish it wasn't so expensive because the bottle isn't all that big, but it does last me a good 3 months.
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Fell in love with this at very first use! Trust me when I say it's totally worth it and a little really does go a looong way! Flawless! Great formula! Only thing I wish is that I would of got a shade or 2 darker than what I bought, I noticed its too light on me now. Works great with a good foundation brush or beauty blender... Never had to use my fingers so not sure on that but this stuff really is great and yes I absolutely would buy again (even tho it's not cheap!) this is the first makeup forever foundation I've ever used and I would love to try their others, I'm sure they are great!
Tiana E.
Review for: 20 Ivory more...
This is one of my absolute favorite foundations of all time! It is long lasting and works well with my oily/combination skin! It is super easy to apply and lasts forever. I would definitely repurchase! The only thing that I don’t love is the packaging - once you get to the end it is hard to get the last of the product out. Other than that this is a must have! Highly recommend for anyone out there with oily or combination skin!
Jenn K.
Knoxville, TN
This is my favorite foundation I have ever used! I've tried other similar products, but I keep coming back to this foundation! I have a big problem finding foundation light enough for my skin tone, and this foundation has ranges that always match me! It gives medium-full coverage and is extremely buildable. The finish is very matte but it never looks washed out or cakey. I love this foundation!
Sara M.
Kansas City, MO
Truly suitable for any skin type depending on skin prep. This is a full-bodied full-coverage Foundation. If you’re looking for a dollface perfect complexion, look no further. Best applied with a beauty blender, this is the high glam high coverage foundation of dreams. A savior for oily users but not drying for dry users (properly prepped). This is always a go-to
Jalisia W.
Brooklyn , NY
Review for: 80 Cognac more...
This foundation is amazing! It does a great job at keeping you matte but not flat, it smooths out your pores and does a terrific job at making your skin look flawless! I have absolutely no complaints. This foundation is definitely one of the under dogs in my makeup collection. I’m a foundation junkie so I often forget how good a foundation is until I re-dig it up and I was astonished like the first time I used it. I’ve had it for so long and unfortunately the foundation is coming to an end but the most important fact is that I WILL be rebuying this! It’s a must.
Nicole B.
Is this foundation worth the money?
Sarah B.
Pasco, WA
Is it good for really oily skin? Does it last a long day? The coverage it gives you? Full coverage? Medium? Light?
Susana S.
Las Vegas, NV
Do I or should I set this foundation?
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Does this give your skin a natural look? How is it with oily skin?
Amanda E.
Sacramento, CA
Would you recommend this more for oily , dry , or combination skin?