MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #55 in Liquid Foundation

The Mat Velvet + foundation conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and matifies with a non-oily finish. The Mat Velvet + foundation conceals skin imperfections, evens out the complexion and matifies with a non-oily powdery finish. The result is flawless and lasts for hours long. Its smooth, fluid texture is very stable, water-resistant and long-lasting. While it has a good coverage, it is also easy to apply. The end result can be fitted to your needs. Applied lightly, Mat Velvet + provides a natural, matte look to the complexion. Using several layers to help conceal blemishes creates a supple and elastic velvety finish. This new oil-free and non comedogenic formula is suited to sensitive skins.

Buy on Sephora
  • "this foundation provides full coverage, the end result is completely adjustable to fit your needs a little goes a long way. " in 24 reviews
  • "It has a medium to buildable coverage, velvety matte finish (definitely doesn't look too flat), is water resistant and long lasting." in 15 reviews
  • "i love this and the concelar great coverage but not to fond of the prices overall it may be one of the best ive ever used!" in 11 reviews
  • "I went in to be matched TWICE and they couldn't get it right.. Looks so cakey when it's on and my skin tone wasn't a good match for any of the available shades." in 11 reviews
  • "It keeps me matte for about 3-4 hours which is pretty good, considering I'm in a stuffy school for 7 hours." in 7 reviews
Samantha B.
Chester, NH
The mufe shade selection is incredible, but as i stated i can only use this brand foundation in the fall because their darker shades turn me orange. This foundation is more medium coverage to me, but it works great and it doesn’t dry out the skin or feel heavy and clingy. This is a great alternative to KVD, as that one is dry and clingy. This will need two applications instead of one for KVD. In addition, i will say that this seems to be lighter than their other foundations as my normal shade seemed and looked really light when swatched next to HD mufe foundation in the same shade so i would beware and maybe go in store to match. I’ve had friends who are the same shade and friends who are different! I went from Y335 in HD to Y405 which may seem super different from the online swatches, but worked in person.
Jasmine B.
Review for: 80 Cognac more...
If you are tired of searching for a foundation that won't clog your pores or melt on your face, try  MAKE UP FOR EVER Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation .  I would highly recommend this matte foundation for dark skin women with combination or oily skin.  I applied this foundation at 8 in the morning and stayed matte until around 2 in the afternoon.  I only needed to blot my nose because the foundation DID NOT MOVE on my cheeks, forehead and chin.  When I use the right primer and setting products, it lasts even longer.  The foundation goes on matte but it's not drying.  It also doesn't transfer when I wear my glasses.

I use my  Sigma 3DHD Kabuki Brush - Black to blend and buff it across my skin.  The finish doesn't look patchy.  This is a medium to full coverage foundation that won't sink into or emphasize your pores.

I am absolutely raving about the wide range of colors.  I only wish that the foundation came in a pump because I feel like some of it goes wasted because I can't get it all out of the bottle.
Jdore V.
United States
Review for: 70 Caramel more...
Now MUFE and I had an secret affair you didn't know about.. that consisted of daily liquid usage (how controversial I know...). I came across this gem almost three years ago and it became a holy grail instantly. The color match was spot on, although it was a little orangey so I could've used #67 but that wasn't available so #70 was almost perfect. The velvety finish felt and looked so good, did wonders for my combo oily skin. I will always reccomend this product as it's still great. The only thing I dislike is how the price increased since I've used it. It was $37, now it's $41 so I'm rocking with Studio Fix for now. But, I shall be back in time!
Daisy G.
This foundation was a recommended to me by a sephora worker and i really like that they had a shade that had pinkish and golden undertone which i am its hard to find that in other foundation i have oily skin and i wore this out all day in the summer in texas which is hooot and i didnt even feel like i had foundation on the only thing i didnt like is that it kind of sinked into the lines in the dent under my lip above my chin and side of my nose and its kinda pricey for such a small bottle
Amy K.
Mexia
LOVE LIVE LOVE this foundation. I finally found a shade light enough for my skin tone. Matched my skin perfectly which is really hard for me to find the foundation itself has a medium to full coverage and dries really smooth and matte. It’s not tack or Dewey at all but still feels like there’s nothing on your skin. I don’t even use a setting powder when I use this foundation because it stays all day and it doesn’t need the added layer. Bronzer and contour blended perfectly over it.
Brittany L.
Bunnlevel, NC
Review for: 45 Soft Beige more...
This is my holy grail foundation. I use it everyday. It has very nice coverage and is pretty buildable. It does not break me out and has a great matte finish. I like it because it is full coverage but doesn't feel too heavy. I have tried many different foundations and this is the one I keep going back to. The color is a perfect match for my skin as well. I only wish it wasn't so expensive because the bottle isn't all that big, but it does last me a good 3 months.
Jessica T.
Red Bank
Review for: 20 Ivory more...
Before having my daughter, I had very oily skin due to my Mediterranean background. This always kept me matte for hours on end without getting too cakey. MUFE also has a beautiful color selection, so I always could find my perfect match despite a tan or no tan. I took a star off purely because now that I have more normal skin since having my daughter, it can tend to cling to a dry patch and get cakey around my nose since I am not as oily anymore.
Kenya B.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: 80 Cognac more...
Say hello to my little bff! Baaaaby, when I say this is my jam, I mean it. Complexion on poppin when I’m wearing this. I know I said this in a different review, but if you suffer from oily skin, the matte primer plus this foundation will be your saving grace. I also set my makeup with their powder(very lightly) and setting spray. I get about 6 hours of oil free makeup and when I start to shine I just use the setting spray. Once in an X shape, and once in a T shape across my face and I’m good for another few hours.
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Fell in love with this at very first use! Trust me when I say it's totally worth it and a little really does go a looong way! Flawless! Great formula! Only thing I wish is that I would of got a shade or 2 darker than what I bought, I noticed its too light on me now. Works great with a good foundation brush or beauty blender... Never had to use my fingers so not sure on that but this stuff really is great and yes I absolutely would buy again (even tho it's not cheap!) this is the first makeup forever foundation I've ever used and I would love to try their others, I'm sure they are great!
Autumn D.
Ormond Beach
Review for: 20 Ivory more...
This foundation is my favorite full-coverage. It gives a Matte finish, and like the name suggests, it feels velvety when applying. I have combination skin, and this product worked perfectly for me. It set well, stayed all day, and had very minimal creasing (if any). The only reason it isn’t in my bag right now is because I prefer a sheer-medium coverage foundation in the Summer. But I’ll definitely be buying this when Fall/Winter comes around.
Nicole B.
Is this foundation worth the money?
Sarah B.
Pasco , WA
Is it good for really oily skin? Does it last a long day? The coverage it gives you? Full coverage? Medium? Light?
Susana S.
Las Vegas, NV
Do I or should I set this foundation?
Jessica H.
Choctaw, OK
Does this give your skin a natural look? How is it with oily skin?
Amanda E.
Sacramento, CA
Would you recommend this more for oily , dry , or combination skin?