BY MAKE UP FOR EVER #52 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

This industry-recognized luxe finishing powder sets the foundation and slightly mattifies skin without changing its natural contours. Made of 100 percent-mineral silica, it softens the appearance of imperfections, fine lines, and pores and completely evens out the complexion for a glowing, radiant look. This translucent, dermatologist-tested, and talc-free formula does not dry the skin. One universal shade works for all skintones. The lightweight, silky texture and ultrafine formula adds a soft focus effect for a flawless finish and can be applied over foundation or worn alone. It is an Allure Best of Beauty winner.

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder
  • "I purchased this well over a year ago and I'm no where close to being out - a little definitely goes a really long way! " in 7 reviews
  • "Although I didn't use much product as I was told to use it sparingly, it made my face look greyish and looked awful in pictures." in 6 reviews
  • "If you are medium or darker complexions, this will always leave a film on your face or a white cast no matter how little you apply..just take a selfie using flash lol." in 6 reviews
  • "it is super fine and does not settle into lines... a little goes a LONG way though.... be especially careful if you plan to be photographed wearing this... it flashes and looks bright white in pictures where ever you apply it." in 5 reviews
Maricar B.
Cranston, RI
Ok so I’ve been using my all time and everybody’s all time favorite loose setting powder in the market which is the Laura Mercier... my best friend happened to give me a small sample of this and I quickly fell in love! I think this product doesn’t get all the hype and attention as it should! It’s that great! The powder is white (but doesn’t leave a white cast like other white setting powder) and I would say is a whole lot finer than the Laura Mercier one, the powder looks like it has some fine shimmer to it but when you apply it it somehow disappears. When I apply this powder my skin looks SO SO smooth!!! It literally hides your pores and imperfections! I highly recommend this to EVERYONE!!!
Kris M.
Sunnyvale, CA
Hands down MUFE HD Microfinish Setting Powder one of my favorite loose setting powders! It is very, very finely milled and feels silky. It has no color at all so it’s suitable for all skin colors. It applies wonderfully with a powder or finishing brush and sets your make up all day! It never looks chalky, shiny nor do you see a white ghost face in photos.

Because of the quantity and you don’t need to use a lot of the product to get good results, this will last a long amount of time. Plus it’s very easy to find and readily available in stores like Sephora, MUFE Stores and online. MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder
Susana T.
Oakland, CA
I have mixed feeling about this product. For years I talked so much crap about the flashback, especially if you ever tried to set your under eyes with this like I did. But truthfully, this powder glides on like air and truly fills in those fine lines and pores under harsh lighting. I feel like this product is best suited on a big fluffy brush like the one that comes with the IT Cosmetics® Bye Bye Pores™ Poreless Finish Airbrush Powder on QVC when I bought it. I might try another color of this setting powder to see how that sets foundation
Camille B.
Palmer Lake, CO
Ah, how I love this powder. I went from having to reapply powder 6 hours into the day, to not having to reapply at all. I have very oily skin, and I'm happy to say it combats that problem like a pro. Diminished wrinkles, texture, and doesn't cake up bad, although it does sometimes cake on my nose if I have heavy makeup on. I love the packaging, even though there is not a way to keep the powder from coming out into the container (when traveling or if you turn it upside down) after opening. I like the packaging because you can get every last grain of the powder out, and I find that a lot of loose powder is packaged in a way that doesn't allow you to get the full amount of product out. The powder is just so fine that it easily slips through the holes and doesn't clump up. One container of this lasts me about 2 months, depending on breakouts and events. For 36 dollars, it is a little expensive, but it will make your makeup last longer, so I feel like it probably saves money in the long run. So far, it is the best powder for oily skin that I have come across.
Amanda V.
Edmonson, TX
I got a sample of this in one of my monthly beauty boxes, (can’t remember which one) and I really did enjoy it. It leaves skin looking matte but not too matte that it looks “crepey”. Unfortunately I didn’t get very many uses out of it since it was a sample but I really did like how my makeup help up throughout the day so I would say that I do recommend this!

I just wanted to add that I never took any pictures/selfies with this product on so I can’t say whether there is any flashback or not.
Heidi R.
Saint Louis, MO
GHOST's beware! Seriously I want to adore this product. And in a way I do because it mattifies my crazy greased out situations but NEVER get in front of a flash wearing this. Even with a very very thin layer this powder seriously made my face white and ghost-like in pictures. It honestly was terrifying to see and ruined all of my pictures with my best friend on his wedding day - no filter or photoshop situation could fix my ghost pics from his big day.
chantalle C.
Atlanta
I really like using this setting powder because it does exactly what it needs to. My only issue with it, is that if you accidentally apply too much, you do get a white cast and it takes a bit of blending to get rid of it. You definitely have to plan ahead if you are going to bake since this powder is translucent and not tinted. However, I am rarely oily by the time I have to remove my makeup, and this works wonderfully as a touch up if you need it!
Marissa B.
Valley Spgs, CA
This powder is amazing for what it is. It’s a finishing powder, not a setting powder. It’s meant to be the last step before you spray your face with setting spray. It gives the skin a beautiful airbrushed finish, blurs pores, and never makes you look cakey. It’s an HD powder, and just like any other HD powder it’s going to have massive flashback. So if you’re going to be anywhere near flash photography, I wouldn’t recommend this.
danielle p.
La mirada, CA
Literally one of the greatest beauty products i have ever uses. This stuff changed the game when it comes to photo ready skin. I use it over any foundation, not just the Makeup Forever HD Foundation it was created to layer over. It leaves looking diffused and flawless. And a little goes a long way. I always recommend people try the travel size out because it’s at a lower price point and you get a LOT of bang for your buck.
Nikki G.
This is the Holy Grail of face powder for myself (and I read that MUA Sir John uses this on Queen BEY—I mean what more do I have to say?). This powder is so finely milled its amazing, and a little bit goes such a long way. When I use this I find my face looks and feels smoother, and it keeps my foundation looking fresh and flawless throughout the day/night. I have oily skin so I really love that this product doesn't make my face look caked, powdered or too matte. It provides a natural finish.
The part that impresses me with this product, is that it truly is translucent, and didn't change the color of my foundation or concealer.
pros:
-controls oily/combo skin (I highly recommended this for people with oily/combination skin)
-makes skin velvety smooth/semi matte
-provides lasting results
-makeup stays on well
-doesn't heavily clog pores
-doesn't make skin look cakey
cons:
-slightly pricey
-gives a slight white cast (if I use too much)
Courtney G.
Vail, CO
What is the finish like? Does it look like you are wearing a powder? Does it look cakey?
Shardai J.
Brooklyn, NY
What other ways do you use this product
Sharon V.
Center, CO
I have been looking for a translucent power to bake with that doesnt give a flash back. I heard make up forever HD microfinish powder is really good. My question is does it flash back when taking a picture with the flash on?
Zarielle A.
Does this product get clumpy or lumpy at all??
Rachel L.
does this cause bad backflash?