BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

·         SHOW-STOPPING COLORS

·         ENDLESS CREAMY COMFORT

·         SPECTACULAR LONG WEAR

What it is:

An innovative, bold lipstick that provides long-wearing, show-stopping color and endless creamy comfort.

What it does:

Artist Rouge Lipstick brings bold color impact to lips that make a statement. This extremely pigmented formula not only provides intense, opaque color but boasts an ultra-creamy, non-drying formula that hydrates the lips for ultimate comfort. Its unique, precision shaped bullet allows for easy, defined application while the long wear formula will not bleed or feather. Artist Rouge is a bold collection that is professionally curated to include the most flattering shades across all color families—with a perfect match for each and every skin tone. It features two finishes: a matte for an ultra-matte yet velvety finish that won't feel dry and a cream for intense color with a natural-looking, creamy finish.

About the brand:

For more than 25 years, MAKE UP FOR EVER has been the go-to color brand for beauty professionals and make up enthusiasts around the world. Created by renowned Parisian makeup artist Dany Sanz, who was originally a painter and sculptor, MAKE UP FOR EVER is at the forefront of high-performance, innovative makeup with vibrant shades and truly long-lasting formulas.

• I ljust be make up forever lip liner but I've been curious to try...2 Answers
  • Are these dry? Also, how long do the last?2 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Sam P.
Milwaukee, WI
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C211 0.12 oz
Who doesn't love Rosewood, aka C211? It's the perfect pink for me, as it's a bit muted but still so perfectly intense. There's a bit of mauvey-ness in there for good measure and I can't remember the last time this color didn't fit with an everyday look.
Valerie N.
Austin, TX
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M501 0.12 oz
I got this as a sephora sampler and didn't think that it could look so good (usually sampler colors are not colors that you'd actually wear). I was pleasantly surprised with this one and wear it every day - just the right amount of hydration and color.
Devoree P.
Corbin, KY
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C103 0.12 oz
Absolutely fell in love with this color. It has wonderful pigment, although it is pricey it's my go to lipstick now. It is long lasting with easy application. It's not heavy, looks pretty matte as it is, and does not cake or crack on your lips.
Lauren R.
Charlotte, NC
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M100 0.12 oz
I love this lipstick! The colors are so pretty and it comes in such a wide range. The lipstick stays on my lips all day even when I'm eating. The formula isn't drying at all and doesn't crack. I love this company because all of their products are so good.
Kristen m.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This has quickly become one of my favorite lipstick formulas! It goes on very smooth and lasts for a long time. It doesn't emphasize my dry lips at all! I have 5 shades ranging from light to deep red and the formula is consistent throughout!
Kelly S.
Van Nuys , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am in love with this new lipstick formula. They go on so smooth, almost a gel feel, and have great pigmentation. The color range is also stunning. I am really happy to see Make Up For Ever add this lipstick formulation to their range.
Cady O.
Nazareth, PA
I got this product as a free gift with a purchase from Ulta. They did not have many colors to choose from in store, but I have seen a lot more range online. The formula for this made it kind of hard to apply, but it did have good pigmentation. I would recommend it because for the price, it even beats some higher end products.
Julia C.
Oxnard, CA
I absolutely LOVE my Intense #14 lipstick by Make Up For Ever! It applies evenly and wears very well. Even after starting to wear off, it leaves a beautiful stain on your lips. Highly recommended!
Maria I.
Peabody, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received C502, C404, and C211 in my complimentary voxbox. The red (C404) was just too bright for me (I will need to mix it with a lip liner or other lip color to tone it to a shade that better suits me), but I loved the dusty rose (C211) color. The violet grey (C502) was fun but I will probably only use that for costume or accenting/mixing a lip.

I really liked the sharp, angled point on the lipstick. It made application much easier/more precise. The formula was creamy and pigmented but I needed to reapply frequently (note: I was eating/drinking so this is expected, but i still love my LL for their longwear)

The packaging was sturdy and very high quality, but I needed to make sure I completely clicked the tube shut, otherwise the cap easily comes off and could be an issue.

I received these for my honest opinion!
Angel J.
Statesville, NC
My sister let me have this lipstick from her Influenster box woo! I got M401, a matte true red; C211, a creme dusty rose; and C600, the white. I adore the red, it's so comfortable, not dry at all. I wore it for four hours through snacking and a water bottle and plenty of talking and it looked just as fresh at the end of the night. There is color transfer to cups and stuff but it didn't look like any had come off my lips. The rose color is just as comfortable. I didn't wear that one for very long, so I don't know if it's as long-lasting as the red. I mixed the white and the red a couple days ago to make the prettiest pink - I'm assuming that's what it's for, not for wearing solo. The color combinations possible with the white are plenty! I may buy these again, but it would definitely be a splurge at $22 a pop.
Kate C.
What are the best shades for light complexions?
Olivia K.
Omaha, NE
I am a huge fan of makeup forever lip liners and how long they last, you can even eat and drink and they don't smudge. How do these lipsticks compare to their other formulas?
Lila T.
Newton, ks
Will the edges of this lipstick feather out? I want the dark blue, but I'm concerned it will stain the skin around my lips. Thanks!
Shelley A.
Yuba City, CA
I have been looking to add some long lasting lipsticks to my kit. How well do these hold up?
Guadalupe G.
How does this lipstick wear throughout the day? And when it fades is it noticeably splotchy or can you get away with not touching up for a couple of hours ?