BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

·         SHOW-STOPPING COLORS

·         ENDLESS CREAMY COMFORT

·         SPECTACULAR LONG WEAR

What it is:

An innovative, bold lipstick that provides long-wearing, show-stopping color and endless creamy comfort.

What it does:

Artist Rouge Lipstick brings bold color impact to lips that make a statement. This extremely pigmented formula not only provides intense, opaque color but boasts an ultra-creamy, non-drying formula that hydrates the lips for ultimate comfort. Its unique, precision shaped bullet allows for easy, defined application while the long wear formula will not bleed or feather. Artist Rouge is a bold collection that is professionally curated to include the most flattering shades across all color families—with a perfect match for each and every skin tone. It features two finishes: a matte for an ultra-matte yet velvety finish that won't feel dry and a cream for intense color with a natural-looking, creamy finish.

About the brand:

For more than 25 years, MAKE UP FOR EVER has been the go-to color brand for beauty professionals and make up enthusiasts around the world. Created by renowned Parisian makeup artist Dany Sanz, who was originally a painter and sculptor, MAKE UP FOR EVER is at the forefront of high-performance, innovative makeup with vibrant shades and truly long-lasting formulas.

• I ljust be make up forever lip liner but I've been curious to try...2 Answers
  • Are these dry? Also, how long do the last?2 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Emily A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C211 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M300 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M301 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M401 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C104 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M203 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C207 0.12 oz
I'm not the biggest Make Up For Ever fan but after receiving a few of these lipsticks as gratis, I ended up purchasing some for myself.

The color range of the Artist Rouge lipsticks is bananas and they come in two formulas, satin and matte -- I own both and love them equally! They really last and the pigment is amazing!

I will definitely continue to purchase more!
Julia T.
Athens, GA
The high points of this lipstick are definitely the pigmentation, shade range, and texture. The color is very opaque with just one swipe and there are many shades available, especially neutrals (my favorite)! This product is creamy and lasts a long time on the lips.
Nicole
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love love love the pigment in this lipstick, the soft texture, and the fact that it doesn't have a bad smell. I got this while at a Pro TakeOver class in Dallas, it averages $22/$23 like other lines. I say grab as many as you can for Spring and Summer!
Sloane S.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C211 0.12 oz
This formula is so creamy and looks really great! It's not drying whatsoever- and while it's not an overly drying matte, the pigmentation lasts a long time. I love how opaque this formula is, a little goes a long way especially if you sheer it out or use the blotting method. The shade I own is a pinky nude but I'm definitely going to order an orangey red from this line!
Rommellyn F.
San Jose, CA
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C108 0.12 oz
This was the first time I have used a lipstick from the Artist Rouge collection and I must say, I was hooked since day 1.  I chose C108 because I wanted a color that I could wear on a daily basis and I did just that...all the way down to where I needed a lip brush to get the last of the color.  The longevity was good enough for me (a few hours), creamy application and didn't leave my lips dry whatsoever.  I will definitely be purchasing this once again.
Beka A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Creamy, easy to apply, and wear time is great; lasts for hours. I love that the colors can be blended, creating new shades, or you can just wear a straight color.

They're $22 a tube, but I think that's a fair price for the quality you receive.
Paulah S.
Fountain Vly, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M300 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C403 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C407 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C502 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C603 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C601 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M203 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M204 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C600 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C602 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C603 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C208 0.12 oz
This is one of my go-to lipsticks when I want a nice semi-satin look. I love the darker and lighter shades and how soft they are. They are easy to use and have a pretty good staying time. They don't dry out my lips and I will continue to buy the new colors and hopefully they don't change the formulas because this one is GREAT!
Albania C.
Palmdale, CA
Love this line of lipsticks long lasting great quality all u want and need out of a lipstick creamy comfortable does not dry lips met all my expectations when receiving it recommended to all my gfs they have a great shade of red !!
Natalia R.
Bothell, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
One of the bests lipsticks I had ever used. Really easy to apply and create new colors. You can buy it online or in your favorite store that has it available. Was my first time trying and I will definitely buy these lipsticks again.
Sarah S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C104 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C107 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M100 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C403 0.12 oz
These are my absolute favorite lip sticks. The pigmentation is beautiful. It's a smooth application. The best part is, it lasts! I wore the bright red for over 4 hours on Christmas Eve and looked fabulous the entire night. I highly recommend buying this lipstick if you're looking for high pigmentation and long lasting!
Kate C.
What are the best shades for light complexions?
Olivia K.
Omaha, NE
I am a huge fan of makeup forever lip liners and how long they last, you can even eat and drink and they don't smudge. How do these lipsticks compare to their other formulas?
Lila T.
Newton, ks
Will the edges of this lipstick feather out? I want the dark blue, but I'm concerned it will stain the skin around my lips. Thanks!
Shelley A.
Yuba City, CA
I have been looking to add some long lasting lipsticks to my kit. How well do these hold up?
Guadalupe G.
How does this lipstick wear throughout the day? And when it fades is it noticeably splotchy or can you get away with not touching up for a couple of hours ?