BY MAKE UP FOR EVER

·         SHOW-STOPPING COLORS

·         ENDLESS CREAMY COMFORT

·         SPECTACULAR LONG WEAR

What it is:

An innovative, bold lipstick that provides long-wearing, show-stopping color and endless creamy comfort.

What it does:

Artist Rouge Lipstick brings bold color impact to lips that make a statement. This extremely pigmented formula not only provides intense, opaque color but boasts an ultra-creamy, non-drying formula that hydrates the lips for ultimate comfort. Its unique, precision shaped bullet allows for easy, defined application while the long wear formula will not bleed or feather. Artist Rouge is a bold collection that is professionally curated to include the most flattering shades across all color families—with a perfect match for each and every skin tone. It features two finishes: a matte for an ultra-matte yet velvety finish that won't feel dry and a cream for intense color with a natural-looking, creamy finish.

About the brand:

For more than 25 years, MAKE UP FOR EVER has been the go-to color brand for beauty professionals and make up enthusiasts around the world. Created by renowned Parisian makeup artist Dany Sanz, who was originally a painter and sculptor, MAKE UP FOR EVER is at the forefront of high-performance, innovative makeup with vibrant shades and truly long-lasting formulas.

• I ljust be make up forever lip liner but I've been curious to try...2 Answers
  • Which shade is best for a natural look?1 Answers
  • Are these dry? Also, how long do the last?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "First off, I love the packaging, sturdy and durable and very flattering. Each color has amazing pigmentation and is super rich and creamy. This is by far the best lipstick I've ever used, makeup forever never let's me down and these lipsticks just prove why they're an amazing brand. If anyone was ever looking for a good lipstick this would be what I'd tell them to get. " in 110 reviews
  • "Amazing product! So creamy and pigmented, makes you want more and more! Every color comes out exactly how you think it would because of the pigment so no need to worry about discoloration! Would definitely buy again, it's so long lasting!!" in 39 reviews
  • "This new lipstick formula from Make Up Forever is outstanding. Goes on smooth with incredible coverage that seriously lasts all day. You don't feel it on your lips. I found the creme version and the matte version almost identical with the creme being slightly more moisturizing. " in 24 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: C105 Grege Beige, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M200 0.12 oz more...
I absolutely love this collection. Both Cream and Matte colors. I love how its easy to tell the types of finish and the color family they are in by the numbering system like M206 (one of my favs) being Matte and like colors in the 200s like this color and C401 Cream and the same. Its very easy.
Also the packaging is to die for. It's heavy and metal and very luxe feeling. You wont find packaging like this at the drugstore. It's a plain black satin finish bullet. Then you open it up and it the gorgeous decor is like a hidden secret on the inside of the bullet. Once you take the cap off there's a thumb width thick metal band that goes all the way around the tube towards the bottom with the Makeup Forever logo and a brushed satin finish. Its very unique and pretty and just adds to the classic luxe look of it all.
The bullet is great at first. I wish there was a way to keep it with as sharp of a point as it starts with because it was so easy to line my lips with. It stays sharper than most if you use lipsticks according to their natural shape instead of against it so it can be used for a little more definition than the usual even after its been used a while.
Both the matte and cream formulas are super pigmented and long lasting. No need to get a super thick and uncomfortable layer for really pigmented lips. They are both moisturizing. The Matte doesn't sink into lips while the cream makes them shine and moisturizers them so much it actually makes them softer after wearing them throughout the day. They both last about 4 hours without eating until a touch up is needed. Obviously this varies with the finish and color.
It doesn't bleed or sink into lip lines or feather out.
It also doesn't stain lips and isn't hard to get off.
It is pricy but a little goes a long way and there's a lot of product in these bullets so they will last a long time. Although for 2 more days you can get them for 12 dollars a piece at Sephora so don't miss out if you want to try these or have tried them and need to stock up on some colors.
Overall I do recommend. Its a nice high end lipstick.
Don't buy anywhere but from authorized retailers because fakes may have similar packaging but that's where the similarities will end and the ingredients can be dangerous so don't waste your money on fakes. It also hurts the company and the economy. It is easy to find at Sephora and the MUFE website.
Krystal H.
Paso Robles, Ca
I received a sample of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rough Creme in C211 and Im in LOVE! I have found my favorite lip prduct to date!!! C211 is a beautiful deep rose shade, with hints of brown which makes it a nude shade of rose... its so subtle and very romantic. This would be a gorgeous shade for a bride. Its very creamy and lasts awhile. I only reapply it once after my first application and its usually only because I have eaten. Price wise, its not too bad $22 at Sephora and right now thru May 31st, 2018 theres a promo for free shipping with promo code ALLURE2018. MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Creme Creamy High Pigmented Lipstick
In this picture I did line and blend it with Rimmel lipliner in Wine (which made it a bit darker)
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick C505 0.12 oz/ 3.5 g more...
I really hate to leave a 3 star review for MUFE because I love their products but sadly this lipstick falls short for me. Part of the reason I purchased it is because of the very fine tip and my lips are actually rather small so it's hard to apply my upper lip with a lipstick that has a very wide or rounded tip. I've tried to apply it numerous times but for whatever reason it tends to feather. With most lipsticks I can just wipe whatever part that doesn't look right but since it's so pigmented, it stains my skin when I do that and I have to remove it all and start from the beginning. I finally gave us and started using a lip brush to apply it but that's not ideal especially for travel purposes.
Phoebe M.
Tampa, FL
Review for: C211 Rose Wood more...
This Lipstick is so smooth and moisturizing! It definitely oxidizes to a much darker color than what it appears in the bottle, but it’s lovely all the same. I did drink with this product on and it does transfer to my cup. The product has been on for several hours now and I don’t need to touch it up at all. I am really satisfied with its Wear time, it’s color, and it’s moisturizing abilities!
Courtney G.
Northport
I received a sample of this in a subscription box , and I fell instantly in love with it. It goes on so smooth and easy to apply. I got the cross between purple to brown color , and at first I said ahhh , what the heck , I'll try it. And man oh man what a change , but a good change. This smells like a perfume , has a tiny tint of shimmer. $22 for a full size , so when I'm about to run out of my sample I'm definitely going to buy me one ! Love this lipstick !!!
Theresa M.
Review for: C211 Rose Wood more...
I received a sample of this lipstick in my Sephora play box. I would describe the color c211 as a mauve shade with a slightly Berry tone. This lipstick went on very creamy I had no problem applying it whatsoever and I enjoyed the way that it felt on my lips. It does transfer which I didn't like. I would definitely recommend this lipstick. Itis a very pretty very pigmented lipstick with a subtle Sheen to it. I would need to find the right shade for me.... but for my first time trying it I did like it. MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Creme Creamy High Pigmented Lipstick
Alexis H.
Norfolk, VA
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M100 0.12 oz more...
This lipstick is awesome! I love it so much. Beautiful packaging. It’s so cream and pigmented. Little pricey but you get what you pay for. So easy to apply. Doesn’t feel cheap. I will forever buy makeup forever lipstick. Can’t wait to go get more colors!
Rachel M.
Review for: C211 Rose Wood more...
I received a mini size of this lipstick in shade C211, and it is a lovely dusty rose type of shade.  A creamy, pigmented lipstick, it is perfect to keep in my work desk.  I reapply it a couple of times throughout the day, but the color and finish of the lipstick great.  I'd definitely recommend this.
Angie A.
Review for: MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M101 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M100 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M102 0.12 oz, C103 Nude Beige, C104 Praline Beige, C105 Grege Beige, C106 Pink Beige, C107 Mocha Beige, C107 Mocha Beige, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M200 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M204 0.12 oz, C208 Magenta Pink, C209 Tender Pink, C210 Petal Pink, C211 Rose Wood, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M300 0.12 oz, C302 Beige Coral, C303 Orange Coral, C305 Intense Coral, C306 Pink Coral, C506 Dark Purple, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M401 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M401 0.12 oz, C403 Vermilion Red, C404 Passion Red, C405 Stage Red, C406 Brown Red, C407 Black Red, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M500 0.12 oz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Rouge Lipstick M501 0.12 oz more...
I’m i’m forever thankful for make up forever. I think the lipsticks are very important to me and they are the number one thing that I use more than anything else. I really care about the lipstick color and how it looks on me and these shades are the best they look very good on and my lips look fuller with these shades.
Shayna F.
Gassville, AR
Review for: C211 Rose Wood more...
I bought this lipstick because Taylor Swift posted on tumblr that this was what she was wearing. And with very few exceptions I’ve worn it every day since I bought it a year ago. It lasts better than any lipstain, lipstick, or lipgloss I’ve ever used. And the shade C211 Rosewood is the perfect color. It smells incredible and is so soft and rich.
Kate C.
What are the best shades for light complexions?
Lila T.
Newton, ks
Will the edges of this lipstick feather out? I want the dark blue, but I'm concerned it will stain the skin around my lips. Thanks!
Olivia K.
Omaha, NE
I am a huge fan of makeup forever lip liners and how long they last, you can even eat and drink and they don't smudge. How do these lipsticks compare to their other formulas?
Shelley A.
San Jose, CA
I have been looking to add some long lasting lipsticks to my kit. How well do these hold up?
Guadalupe G.
How does this lipstick wear throughout the day? And when it fades is it noticeably splotchy or can you get away with not touching up for a couple of hours ?