MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Plexi-Gloss

A triple-impact lip gloss with buildable color and high-shine that stays put. This must-have lip gloss imparts vivid color and stunning shine while being completely comfortable on the lips. Its pigments are packed with Plexi Color Technology to deliver up to five hours of color impact while 360-degree, reflective shine beads maximize shine. The exclusive, artist-designed superflex applicator features a lip-hugging shape that allows for precision and control, and the super-loaded split-tip has a unique contour to sweep on the ideal amount of lip gloss. Available in 35 shades, Artist Plexi-Gloss's wide array ranges from pearly and non-pearly finishes to sheer and opaque colors. Dany Sanz, MAKE UP FOR EVER Founder and Creative Director, was inspired by one of her favorite objects, a plexi glass makeup case. Together, Dany and the MAKE UP FOR EVER lab developed a new technology of pigments that are amplified with a high-vinyl finish that mimics the case's unique look and feel.

• Is this gloss as shiny as the title suggests? I've been looking ...2 Answers
  • What color do you recommend for somebody who loves peachy coral?1 Answers
  • Is it suppose to make your lips feel a slight burning sensation? ...3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Jasmine B.
This is not a lip gloss that you want to use when you are in a rush.  The formula tends to drip from the applicator when you remove it from the tube so keep that it mind especially when wearing lighter colors.  The pigmentation on this lip gloss is ridiculous.  I used #406 which is a gorgeous burgundy color that is perfect for fall.  The notched tip is different then what I have used with other liquid lip products but I think it actually provides pretty great coverage.  The applicator is wider than the doe foot that you would find on many lipsticks so it might not provide the most precise coverage.  It is VERY SHINY and GLOSSY.  Surprisingly, it's not very sticky.
Angela C.
Review for: Other more...
I love this gloss. It is on the thicker side, but that does mean that the staying power is better. I love the sheer coverage that gives my lips a MLBB look. The only thing I don't like about this is that it has a slight distasteful scent. Not strong, but you will notice it initially.
The Legit Mommy T.
Concord, CA
If you crave a high shine, longwear, glossy lip gloss then this was made for you. Buyer beware, this stuff is sticky. BUT with that territory comes longevity and a shine unparalleled. Truly the glossy lip product out there!
Bella M.
Seeing as I'm not the biggest fan of gloss, it messy and my hair always seems to find it's way to my lips. This gloss did give me some reassurance with it's lasting shine and didn't bleed like I thought it would.
Alyssa N.
Sephora was doing some sort of promotion, and I was able to get a free deluxe sample for the Make Up For Ever Artist Plexi-Gloss in Color 202 – Sweet Pink. It is a sheer lip gloss that provides high shine. The Plexi-Gloss in general is advertised as having high-shine with buildable color and lasts for 5 hours.

This gloss does provide a high shine and I admit is incredibly pretty. This shade in particular is very sheer and while the gloss claims “buildable color,” it doesn’t really work for this shade at least, because of its sheerness. It’s nice to add a little bit of glam and a lot of shine.

The one thing I cannot stand about this gloss, however, is how sticky it is. It feels like glue going on and staying on, so yes, it does last a long time, but that’s only because of how tacky it is. I don’t feel comfortable drinking or eating with this on (let alone sharing even a quick kiss with my husband), because I feel like I have glue on my lips when I’m wearing it.

Overall, I’m happy I didn’t pay for this. It looks great, so if you need something to just look great in a picture, I’d recommend it for that, but I wouldn’t recommend it for everyday wear if you’re expecting to eat a meal or have a night out with your special someone.
Faith S.
Salem, OR
Review for: 304, MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Plexi-Gloss 100P 0.23 oz, 202 more...
I'm not a big fan of lipgloss, however this lipgloss is actually not that bad. It doesn't feel weird, and it lasts pretty long. I love the product and I'm definitely buying myself some more for when I want to have one of those simple glossy looks
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I know I have tried this brand before but I can not remember what products, I am pretty sure I had a pretty good experience. This is a well known brand and I definitely have no problem trusting their products. This gloss promises to stay on all day, stay shiny and glossy, and have high pigment color. When I first saw this lipgloss I thought that I loved this beautiful light pink color, it was just perfect for spring and summer! But now that I have tried it, it basically just looks like a clear gloss on my lips. The gloss was really sticky at first but after a few minutes the gloss stopped being so sticky but the shine stayed. I even had some cake and my lips did not stop looking glossy! I definitely recommend this lip gloss for ladies who love the shine with out a sticky mess! In the future I would just pair this lip gloss on top of my favorite lip color!

Tried this in SWEET PINK
Erika S.
Menifee, CA
Deluxe samples are my kryptonite, so when I scored one of Make Up For Ever's Artist Plexi Gloss in 202 SWEET PINK from Sephora back in December, you know I was excited. Cutting to the chase: I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I lovelovelove the shade Sweet Pink on my skintone {compliments galore y'all}; I adore the tacky touch which makes it last. for. daaaays {for real}; and the shine effect seriously slays. What I hate, or rather, what took me forever and a day to adjust to is the smell. Battery acid. I haven't seen anyone else mention this in reviews, so maybe it's my super senses at work, or I simply got a funky tube, but I found the smell to be intense for the first handful of uses - after that it dissipated, and wasn't noticeable. POSSIBLE RE-BUY.
Renee E.
Oneida, NY
I was browsing sephora and came across these gems. I purchased the shade 405p and I will tell you right away, if you don't like/can't deal with sticky, these ARE NOT for you. Let me tell you, if you can get past that, it is such a BEAUTIFUL shimmer shade with a nice purple/pink tone, I'm in love! I couldn't tell you enough, check them out!
Jill K.
I really wanted to like this lip gloss. I got it as a sample from Sephora and although I like sheer pink color, it was just too sticky and had little staying power. The applicator is also kind of weird- I thought it was broken at first. I'll finish up my sample but I won't be buying the full size.
Lauren G.
Davis, CA
Is it suppose to make your lips feel a slight burning sensation? I really like the color but I feel a burning sensation, so I feel like I shouldn't use since it might make my lips break out.
Johana M.
How pigmented are these?
Vanessa P.
Is this gloss as shiny as the title suggests? I've been looking for long lasting high shine lip gloss and came across this product by Makeup Forever. I love the brand but I'm not sure it will be much different than other "high shine" glosses.
Michelle H.
Roslyn, NY
What color do you recommend for somebody who loves peachy coral?