Add a Photo

By MAKE UP FOR EVER
#15 in Eyeliner

An award-winning, waterproof, smudge- and fade-resistant eyeliner that doubles as a vibrant eye shadow. This bestselling eyeliner has become a favorite among women who fear raccoon eyes. Formulated to glide on effortlessly and withstand the most extreme conditions, it stays put on eyelids without melting for precise application and intense color throughout the day. Aqua Eyes is available in an extensive range of 25 vibrant shades. Fun fact: Dany Sanz originally created this product for performers of water ballet.Sephora is the exclusive beauty retailer for this product.

Photos (51)
CeCe C.
CeCe C.

I am Asian and many of us have mono eyelids and naturally have oilier eyelids than other races. So my eye makeup smudges really easily if I don't use the right products. Even the products that are loved by everyone don't quite work on me sometimes so I'm really careful with purchasing eye makeup products. However, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. It glides really well on my eyes and does not smudge at all. And I live in Miami where it's usually either really hot or humid. When I'm late for work, I just throw this eyeliner and my Naked palette in my bag. No need for any primer or fixer. The brown and black are my to go eyeliners, and I use the colored ones when i feel like switching it up a bit. The one and only downside is that some of the color eyeliners (non-brown or black) applies a bit patchy (I own like 5 different colors of this line), but it works well if you sharpen it a bit. I've been using only Make Up Forever's eyeliner for the past 5 years!
Nicole R.
Nicole R.

I do like this eye pencil. It glides on smoothly and has a nice black color. I just sort of thought it would really last "forever" (or all day, anyway) since it is from Makeup Forever. I bought this because it was featured in In Style Magazine as being a favorite amongst makeup artists. In the blurb, the make up artist claimed it "doesn't budge." I have to disagree, however. I apply it at 6am and when I look in the mirror at lunch time, it is smudged, lessened in color, and I have to use a q-tip to erase the eyeliner that has spread too far down (under the eye). Still, maybe there isn't an eyeliner that works perfectly and lasts all day. Probably not. So, if I just have to reapply and adjust once a day, that probably isn't too bad. It is also easy to sharpen (I just have a regular old Revlon pencil sharpener). It sharpens very smoothly without any nicks. Overall, this is a nice eyeliner. Just not 100%.
Lisa D.
Lisa D.
Miramar, FL

MAKE UP FOR EVER is an excellent brand when you want high-quality cosmetics that you know will wear well and give you a value for your money. I'm particularly fond of the MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Eyeliner. The waterproof formula makes it smudge-resistant and ideal for use on the waterline (inner rim) of the eyelid. It's also my go-to choice for eyeliner when I plan to spend the day at the beach, poolside or at a water park. Living in Miami, FL... you learn to expect heat, humidity, and a little sweat. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes eyeliner can stand up to all of that and still look AMAZING at the end of the day! I also love that comes in a variety of colors, both classic and bold, so that there are many, many options for every occasion.
Natalie W.
Natalie W.
Brook Park, OH

These pencils don't mess around! I would swatch it on my hand in Sephora (before I bought my own) and they would be so creamy and so smooth, BUT they wouldn't come off! Seriously smudge proof, and waterproof. They wouldn't even come off with the makeup remover that Sephora has. It's a plus to know that your eyeliner is NOT MOVING! I also really love the packaging. Simple and elegant. The color selection is really great since it allows those natural lovers to have their black, white, brown, and nudes, but also let those colorful lovers to have lavender, aqua, green, etc. I would really recommend :) For $21, it's a little up there, but I feel like it is really worth it for the quality.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Yacolt, WA

This is hands down the best eyeliner I've ever used for my waterline. For the longest time I've struggled to find an eyeliner that wouldn't smudge up under my eyes given that my eyes are extremely watery and sensitive. The first day I wore is I was out shopping in the cold air and it did not budge, it even lasted through me crying. Getting it off requires a good makeup remover or baby oil but that just goes to show how great it's lasting power is. I will happily pay the twenty dollars for this liner over and over again. The urban decay 24/7 did not work for me at all whatsoever so if you have watery sensitive eyes this is definitely the way to go.
Tiffany H.
Tiffany H.
Shrewsbury, MA

This is, without a doubt, the single best eyeliner I have ever used in my life. My favorite used to be the ITCosmetics gel waterproof, but this one is even better. Why? Because I have sobbed with it on, I have rubbed my eyes, I have licked my finger and rubbed my eyes and it STAYS put. Seriously...my problem was washing it off (which really, a make up remover cloth took it off no problem).  I line both my top lid and my waterline and it just stays all day long. Now, be mindful that you wear other make up on your eye. Those budge. This? I wore just eyeliner all day long and it doesn't BUDGE. I love it. I need one in every color now.
Karis Y.
Karis Y.
Alexandria, VA

As far as pencil eyeliners from Sephora go, this is priced on the cheaper end for sure. From all the pencil liners there this is the most longest lasting. Not as long lasting as say bobbi browns gel eyeliner but for a pencil this is fantastic. The only thing I dont like about it is it requires a lot of sharpening so it doesnt last quite so long but since the price is lower Im happy to repurchase. The consistency is not overly creamy but dry enough to get a good tight line and still smooth enough for an effortless thick cat eye. I highly recommend this one, lasts forever on your eyes with very minimal migration but invest in a good sharpener.
Khessa H.
Khessa H.

Hands down the best liner there is. Must I say it is Make Up For Ever! It's waterproof, smudge proof and longlasting. Its hard to find liners that don't irritate my eyes and I am so glad to have found this one. My eyes are very sensitive and tends to water up and burn from some liners, but not from this brand. The pigmentation is amazing and they have an array of colors. I use them for eyeshadow bases as well. you can ever wear them alone as eyeshadows. Just pop a few dots on your lids and smudge it out with your fingers. All day wear. Oily lids(like me) no problem. Not even oily lids can destroy these.
Gianna M.
Gianna M.

I have the teal color that I got with my sephora points. If the deluxe size is anything like this one, I'd definitely recommend them. The color is pretty true to the way it looks, so it comes out the way you'd expect and I like that. I only use pencil eyeliners in my waterline and lower lashline. It works well on the waterline, but it does not last all day, but it did however last for hours. It is pricey for the full size, $21, but I really like the color selection and it works better than a lot of other liners, so I'd buy it, and recommend it. As far as I know you can only buy this at Sephora
Johnna H.
Johnna H.

At first, this eyeliner was very creamy, which made the application of the product so easy. The color was super vibrant, which was great because it is often hard to find a pigmented eyeliner that is such a bright color. The problem with this for me is that it sort of dried out (the same way a cream eyeliner in a jar typically would) really quickly. Since it is a pencil without a twist up, you have to sharpen it, which isn't too much of a hassle and allows the rest of the product to remain creamy, since it isn't open or exposed to any air. Overall, I enjoyed this product.
Kristy e.
Kristy e.
Greensboro, NC

Where can i find this?
Brenda L.
Brenda L.

Is this eyeliner like a liquid eyeliner?
Beatriz D.
Beatriz D.
Chino hill california

Its wateproof? And durably?
Jaye W.
Jaye W.
Masontown, PA

Does it glide on?
monica R.
monica R.
Cedar Grove, NJ

Is the color purple or black