Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lipstick On Eau de Toilette uploaded by Amy R.Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lipstick On Eau de Toilette uploaded by Dawn F.Maison Martin Margiela Replica Lipstick On Eau de Toilette uploaded by Kimilie K.

BY MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA

Lipstick On combines airy, powdery notes of solid iris with sensual galbanum, vanilla bourbon, and absolute tonka bean to evoke a familiar but forgotten moment a woman's nocturnal beauty ritual. This fragrance is inspired by the intimate atmosphere of a boudoir. Hidden from view, a woman puts the finishing touches on her makeup crimson red lips. A delicate cloud of rice powder lingers in the air. Lipstick On reveals an unexpected, sophisticated, olfactory harmony, an absolute moment of femininity. The silhouette of each 'REPLICA' bottle is inspired by classic apothecary jars, allowing the collection to be instantly identifiable. Each bottle carries a 100 percent cotton label, which is printed using black ink text and resembles the tags used on the clothing and accessories for the 'REPLICA' couture collection. The unique pumps are wrapped with a rope to symbolize the authentic reproduction of the original 'REPLICA' couture line. Notes: Bergamot Oil, Heliotrope Accord, Neroli Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Iris Concrete, Galbanum Oil, Tonka Bean Absolute, Vanilla Bourbon Extract, Patchouli Oil. Style: Floral. Oriental. Powdery.

• What does this scent smell like? Is it something sensual or uniqu...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
I received a sample of this fragrance in my Sephora Play Box & think it smells very sweet but strong at the same time. It does have the vintage feel which may invoke a feeling for some that this spray may be better suited for older women. That being said, I like it and may use the sample but doubt I'll purchase a full sized bottle, especially for the $125 retail price tag. Yikes! The brand claims the following (listed in the Sephora reference guide):

Fragrance Family: Powdery & Floral
Top Notes: Bergamont, Heliotrope, Neroli
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Iris, Galbanum
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Bourbon Vanilla, Patchouli
Ivana O.
Ivana O.
Incredible scent. long lasting and as time progresses, this fragrance smells better and better. reminds me of trying on lipsticks my grandma kept on her vanity when I was a young girl. This fragrance is wearable and just simply wonderful. :-)
Annelise C.
Annelise C.
The only replica scent I can't get behind. That being said, it smells SO authentically like an old lipstick, which is pretty impressive.
Robin C.
Robin C.
Bergenfield, NJ
Why do I have to love you so much??This is stupid expensive, but nothing like it has ever captivated me as much as this scent does. It does have a very makeup-y, lipstick-like scent when you first apply it. Something powdery and a bit waxy--very vintage. For a makeup lover like me, its a strangely comforting scent. As it dries down, it morphs into a lovely, sophisticated vanilla power scent with just a hint of sweet floral...and I adore it. It makes me feel sexy when I wear it; calm and classy and all put together. Its amazing how a scent can do that!I used up the sample from my Sephora Play and had to splurge on a full sized bottle.
Jen R.
Jen R.
Atlanta, GA
I got a sample of this in a Sephora Play! box, and OH MY GOD. It instantly became one of my top favorite perfumes. I saved up for several months so I could treat myself to a full size bottle and picked it up during a Sephora VIB sale. It's pretty pricey, but I will definitely get use out of it. Also, a couple spritzes last a really long time. So because I love it so much, I found it worth buying. It's such a unique scent and unlike anything I've ever owned. It's light and flirty, but with a touch of sensuality. The packaging is gorgeous and displays nicely with my other perfumes. LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent!
Zaneta O.
Zaneta O.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Dare I say this may be my favorite fragrance in the whole world... Or at least right now it is. I am totally hooked by its soft powdery sweetness. It's exactly all the things I've ever hoped for in a scent profile that I never even knew I wanted. The combination is just genius. The only downside is the price but honestly I'm so hooked I feel that such a quality fragrance is worth splurging for. I've checked out some of the other fragrances in the replica line and while they're not bad this one just takes the cake!
Sally W.
Sally W.
Grain Valley, MO
I didn't think I would like this fragrance, but I am totally obsessed! The smell is light and classy. It definitely reminds me of putting on my grandma's Chanel lipstick when I was a little girl. The fragrance morphs nicely as it wears to a subtle yet rich fragrance. It's stupid expensive, but worth it!
Kristine A.
Kristine A.
Red Rock, AZ
This scent is so lovely it honestly is extremely nostalgic. It reminds me of playing in my mother and grandmothers makeup. If you can remember what a lipstick in the 90's smelt like it's very similar along with a powdery scent. The bottle is beautiful and the scent is just so relaxing. I would def recommend.
Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.
I received this as a sample in my sephora play box and oh how much I dream of getting my hands on the full size product. It's crazy just how much this does smell like an old vintage lipstick. Truly makes me go back to the times of me being a child playing with my mom's lipstick.
Kimilie K.
Kimilie K.
Kansas City, KS
This my favorite right now. I'm reaching for it more than anything even my holy grail fragrances. It's soft but absolutely makes its point. A classic scent as far as I'm concerned. Will buy it over & over. Also anxious to try the other ones.
Nassim N.
Nassim N.
Las Vegas, NV
What does this scent smell like? Is it something sensual or unique in a good or bad way?