Maison Martin Margiela Replica By The Fireplace Eau de Toilette

BY MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA

By The Fireplace combines smoky and woody accords with the subtle sweetness of chestnut to evoke a familiar but forgotten moment the warmth of a cozy fireplace in midwinter. The 'REPLICA' collection's first feminine and masculine fragrance, this warm fragrance blends notes of smoky woods and grilled chestnuts. The frosted top note contrasts with the warmer heart for a soft, enveloping, and addictive experience. The scent subtly evolves on the skin to offer winter's hot and cold contrast; outside it is snowing on a frosty, shivery landscape, but inside the flames of a comforting fire crackle with glowing warmth. The silhouette of each 'REPLICA' bottle is inspired by classic apothecary jars, allowing the collection to be instantly identifiable. Each bottle carries a 100 percent cotton label, which is printed using black ink text and resembles the tags used on the clothing and accessories for the 'REPLICA' couture collection. The unique pumps are wrapped with a rope to symbolize the authentic reproduction of the original 'REPLICA' couture line. Notes: Pink Pepper, Orange Flower Petals, Clove Oil, Chestnut Accord, Ga ac Wood Oil, Cade Oil, Vanilla Accord, Peru Balsam, Cashmeran. Style: Warm. Comforting. Woody.

• Is this worth the $125? Does it last? Sillage & throw? I want...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Sara P.
Sara P.
West Seneca , NY
This is my all time favorite fragrance. I first smelled this at Sephora and I couldn't forget it. I bought it a few weeks later as a birthday present to myself. It is a splurge.... $125, but I use it for special occasions or just as a pick me up. It's worth every penny. Hours later people will ask me what I'm wearing when I use this. It's like a sexy, smoky burnt marshmallow smell. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS and all Replica fragrances!!!
Tiffanie K.
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
This is one my favorite perfume brands, now. I received a sample of this fragrance in my Sephora play box in November, and the scent is amazing. There's a smokiness to it which matches the the idea of a fireplace but there's also a hint of sweetness like marshmallows. This fragrance is comforting and delicious.
Crystal Y.
Crystal Y.
Holy Toledo this is my FAVORITE scent now! They have literally put a fireplace or camp fire with a splash of fall in a bottle! The price is a bit ridiculous but, as soon as I feel a splurge coming on I will definitely get this.
Annelise C.
Annelise C.
Love this fragrance. One of my go to scents all year round, but I especially find myself reaching for it in the fall/winter. Warm, smokey, rich, sweet, amaaazing. There's nothing like it out there.
Liv W.
Liv W.
River Ridge, LA
I love this scent. This is my go to winter fragrance and I always get lots of compliments on it since it lasts long but isn't too overbearing. The packaging is also really simplistic and clean.
Kary C.
Kary C.
Love this scent and it's unisex fragrance you'll need tov hide it from ur man! Or woman! Lol I can yell at him for something I misplaced lol
Kirby F.
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I just saw this brand for the first time walking through Sephora, I could not get over their high prices and their odd scents. I personally could never imagine spending $126 on a fragrance to smell like a fire but apparently this gets amazing reviews from Influenster and Sephora. The fragrance is for men and women and describes the scent as smoky woods and grilled chestnuts. I really like the old world look to this bottle, it seems so vintage and is said to be styled after classic apothecary jars. I sprayed this fragrance to my wrist, reluctantly, nervous about what scent would be stuck to me for the next few hours. I find myself extremely surprised by how nice this scent is. I definitely understand the name because I absolutely smell like I was near a fire but not in a ashy kind of way. The scent is really nice and I can see men and women wanting to wear this, it does have a masculine sense to it but I detect hints of vanilla which make the scent a little lighter and more feminine. I could see myself wearing this scent in fall and winter but put in on the back of my vanity during the warmer seasons.
Aurora P.
Aurora P.
Surrey, ND
First I feel the need to disclose that I'm cheap. Frugal or on a budget, you could say. And at $126 dollars for 3.4 ounces I had some sticker shock. The most I've ever spent on perfume was maybe 60 or 70 dollars, and I thought that was outrageous. But I received a sample of this and HAD to have it. I bit the bullet and bought it and I have absolutely no regrets.
By the Fireplace sounds like a winter scent, and it absolutely is, but it also invokes the feeling of a series night. My description to everyone is "campfire and toasted marshmallows", however it smells more... sophisticated than that. It's unisex and my husband is as obsessed with it as I am, so it's almost like we each got our own bottle. Or it will be of I decide to share. Maison Martin Margiela Replica By The Fireplace Eau de Toilette
Buck M.
Buck M.
Coral Springs , FL
By The Fireplace combines smoky and woody accords with the subtle sweetness of chestnut to evoke a familiar but forgotten moment—the warmth of a cozy fireplace in midwinter.

This is a warm and comforting scent that is very reminiscent of sitting around a campfire without the ashy stench of an actual campfire. It's smoky with a slightly sweet vanilla backbone.

In my opinion it's smells like roasted marshmallows and gives off a gourmandish vibe but the sweetness is well balanced. If you're looking for a sexy masculine fragrance that will make the ladies wanna curl up next to you then this should be your pick.
Emily R.
Emily R.
Honestly I love this perfume and the thing that really sells it for me is that it seems to go well with any other perfumes too. Sometimes when I'm running late I just use whatever body spray or perfume I've got in my purse or car and those tend to be clean scents. And when I get the chance to put this on later it seems to just meld together so I don't have a crazy chemical smell on me. The first time I wore it someone said "you smell like a memory to me" and I almost couldn't control myself. Expensive but you get SO MUCH compared to other brands for the price.
Sherry H.
Sherry H.
Brooklyn, NY
Are there any rollerballs or smaller sizes of this anywhere? Or is there a planned release of them?
Karen W.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
Is this worth the $125? Does it last? Sillage & throw? I want to buy it during the 4x points at Sephora but I need someone to make it ok. Lol.
Kassandra F.
Kassandra F.
S Portland, ME
I absolutely love this fragrance. But it's so expensive :'( Anywhere I can buy full size for under $125?