Maison Margiela Sailing Day Eau De Toilette

by MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA

Sailing Day combines an aquatic accord, coriander and red seaweed essence to unveil a woody scent that transports us to Paros, 2001. Close your eyes and hear the call of the sea under the guidance of the summer sun, a boat is sailing on the horizon. The azure sky, the infinite sea. Everything is blue. 100 ml. Made in France.

How long does this fragrance last? Is it a spray throughout the day kinda perfume or does spraying a few times does the trick for hours?
Does this perfume last all day? Also, is it more of a masculine smell? I’ve been wanting to buy it for awhile, but I’ve been unsure on whether or not to make the investment since it is a pricier perfume.
Has anyone had a problem with the spray top of the travel version of this fragrance? I’ve purchased other fragrances from this brand but this particular spray nozzle seems flimsy.
Start your review of Maison Margiela Sailing Day Eau De Toilette!
How would you rate this product?
Sterling, VA
I used to be obsessed with this scent. And I do still adore it. It's a beautiful, light scent that reminds me of the ocean. It's not tropical, it's more relaxed. I do get some floral whiffs, but it settles to a more natural ocean breeze scent on my skin. However, this has absolutely no staying power. Normally, this could just be because it's very light, and it's only something you'll get a whiff if you walk by someone very briskly or wave your arm in front of your face. Not this one. This is practically gone within an hour, which is SO disappointing. I would've loved to buy a big bottle, but that's a lot of money saved for me tbh
Purchased at: Sephora
So, a few decades ago Jovan had a perfume called "Air" that I loved. It was crisp and clean. I got compliments all the time. Well, it was discontinued and I kept one little vial just to sniff once in awhile because it smelled so good. I've always loved air, water, and cotton type scents so this one caught my eye when out shopping. It's practically the same scent as Air and I bought it immediately. I tend to wear these scents in the spring and summer, so haven't worn it a lot yet, but I do spritz it before bed sometimes just to drift off to the smell. It's a little pricey but I'd pay double. Maison Margiela Sailing Day Eau De Toilette
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
Purchased at: Sephora
This is your go-to scent for vacations, intimate office settings, and for the summer climates. Even though it’s an Eau de Toilette, except this to last longer than you expect. The way I could describe this aquatic scent is imagine your dream Mediterranean vacation diving into the crystal clear blue ocean. It’s that fresh and that authentic. Maison Margiela Sailing Day Eau De Toilette
San Jose
This is my absolute favorite and my #1 choice. I'm crazy about fresh scents. And this one is like best of all I have tried. It's absolutely amazing. It feels like you're walking into the crisp fresh winter air. And this feeling stays with you for hours! If only they had some home fragrances :)
Pensacola, FL
Purchased at: Sephora
The scent of my life. I've been getting samples of these perfumes in Sephora forever. My girlfriend bought me Sailing Day for Christmas in 2018 and i'm still using it. The scent lasts all day (even longer with Glow oil) and I truly think i've found my scent for life.
Franklin, TN
Purchased at: Sephora
I can't get over how much I love the scent. I am not a sweet smelling person and I don't like floral or overly feminine sense and because this is unisex it has enough undertones to still make it feminine but also not be overwhelmingly so. It's hard to describe because in fresh yet musky and it's unlike anything I've ever smelled before.
Washington, DC
My current favorite perfume. Smells a bit coconutty, light and fresh, and settles in nicely on the skin. I’ve been using this for over 6 months and still love it
Woodbury, MN
This is a perfect unisex and clean scent. I use this for summer days and it is everything I want. I feel it has a sophistication to it while being very light and clean. It is not citrus, but very light and aquatic. Because it is so light however, the scent does not stay on me. This will last 2-3 hours max. It is very light and clean, so I wasn't expecting much but overall it is a beautiful scent if you want something clean that isn't overly citrus or overly strong. I would highly recommend if someone is sensitive to stronger scents and gets headaches from perfume easily.
Scottsdale, AZ
I absolutely love this scent. It is my second favorite to Beachwalk. I just purchased the smaller spray bottle so I can have it handy when I travel or bring it to work.
Master Groomer Expert Level 1
I am in love with this scent. It totally reminds me of all the different smells that you experience on day of sailing. I bought a backup and just recently bought the mini to travel with. The scent doesn't last too long but I'm okay with putting in on again throughout the day.