BY MAHATMA

Mahatma: Long Grain w/Seasonings Red Beans & Rice, 8 Oz see more...

Jamie Rose S.
I've only eaten this once while at a friends house and it was also the first time I'd tried red beans and rice. As a kid, my parents didn't expose my palette to different types of foods so when I ate this it came off as extremely spicy and seemed like a odd combination. The rice was actually really good, while the beans were not as delightful. Even today as I pass by this in the grocery I am reminded of my first time eating it not sure what I was exactly eating. I have now familiarized myself with the history behind it because honestly there is a story behind most everything we eat, as in where did it come from. Therefore red beans and rice is described as a traditional dish that is popular in Louisiana (I am also sure home made is 110% better than the packaged too).
Adolfo F.
Debary, FL
For some reason, this brand continues to have it's other products in stores, but the red beans and rice product has not been available in this area for a long time. Ordered it on line only to learn it is again returning to some stores.
Good rich flavor, even tastes like there is already some sausage in the mix, it is still good either plain, or with some Italian or kielbasa style of pre-cooked product included when cooking, or served on the side.
Holly W.
Woodbridge, VA
I got my first Mahatma product for free with coupons. I wasn't going to pay for it. But I was pleasantly surprised to find it quite good and, in my opinion, better than some more recognized brands. I've since paid for several varieties of Mahatma products and they are all delicious - you won't go wrong with Mahatma.
Erica S.
Mobile, AL
Usually just buy canned beans and make fresh rice,but this is so much more simple. Tastes great and is super cheap. I always saute diced onion, bellpeppers, and conecuh sausage and mix in later. Delicious dinner for my little family.
T J.
Red beans and rice made just right for some gumbo or just good by itself with a little sauce or spice to it
Taylor B.
Norfolk
By far my favorite brand of packaged beans and rice! Has so much flavor and so simple to make!
Kay D.
Red beans and rice you can have a perfect meal with this!! Try this for yourself! Have a different perspective!