BY MAHATMA #11 in Rice

Mahatma extra long grain enriched rice 5 lbs see more...

• I usually make My rice plain. What's your favorite way to...5 Answers
  • How long does it take to cook this type of rice ?1 Answers
Buy on Walmart*
Erika E.
Review for: Enriched Rice 16 oz more...
Mahatma rice was a family staple when I was growing up.
It is super easy to cook with simple easy to follow on the back of the bag.
Even better now they have recipes on the Mahatma website!
I still remember helping my mom clean the rice and smelling the aroma of Spanish rice cooking!
It always delivers and I hope to teach my daughter how to make the same fluffy rice my mother and grandmother taught me.
Andrea R.
Miramar
Review for: Enriched Rice 80 oz more...
Buen precio, es entre los más económicos pero hay que saberlo cocinar sino suele quedar un poco pegajoso pero es cuestión de no colocarle tanta agua y listo nada q no pueda solventarse, siempre lo compro en mi mercado habitual
Ashiah W.
Baton rouge, LA
This rice as to be my most famous 'go-to' for ages!!! My mom has fed this tonus when I was a kid all the way untill now. I love that long grains of his rice and it's very easy to cook. It only cooks for 10-15 min. But although it doesn't have a taste of course, it has a very delicate feel to it. I like to boil it with at least 4 cups because I love to eat it with gravy and such. And the water to it's liking. I don't usually like to cook it when you have to drain the water from it, but almost like steaming if you will. It very delicious and I hope that I can pass this down to many more. I don't think I have tried another type of rice. But if I have, this one is still the best!! #influenstereats #contest
Ben P.
Bonsall , CA
I use Mahatma and no one else. I love to put these in the rice cooker and let it do it's thing. I also add a little bit of tomato paste to make Mexican Rice, and life hack : I also put my phone in rice to soak up excess water when accidents happen. Multiple flavor possibilities, multiple life possibliities.
Brandi D.
El Cajon, CA
Review for: Enriched Rice 32 oz more...
My absolute favorite thing about this rice is the packaging. I love that it has a built-in ziplock closure. It makes everything so much easier for a mom like me to juggle making a meal. I usually keep a measuring cup in the bag for the sake of ease.
I like to make it with on the side of some sort of chicken and it tastes great.
Kat M.
Black Creek, NC
I have a lot of rice reviews! I don't like to spend a lot of time on rice. This required 20 minutes in the microwave which is honestly a lot for rice in my opinion. The end result is only kind of worth it. I'd stick to more convenient options.
Athena M.
Omaha, NE
Review for: Enriched Rice 32 oz more...
The rice is very easy to make but you have to watch so the bottom of the pan does not burn.  It does take a some time to make compared to the instant kind.  The bag doesn't cost to much less than $5.00 and depending on how much you use, it could last a while for you.
Sarah S.
Great rice to always have on hand. I have used it to make pilaf or Spanish rice and even just plain steamed white rice. Good quality and consistent. Not much nutrients but once you add veggies or protein it can be a complete mail.
Shammah G.
De Kalb, MS
Buy this weekly for my family. It lasts long. The price is great. It is healthy. It is by far the best brand I have tasted so far. Mahatma® Extra Long Grain Enriched Rice 3 lb. Bag
Tai J.
I bought this when I ran out the Basmati that I usually buy. It is a good product but compared to what I am used to the "Extra Long" grains are not that long. I taste is fine and it is relatively inexpensive. Would I repurchase? In a pinch - yes, but just going out in search of this particular brand, probably not.
Karla  V.
WOODSTOCK, GA
I usually make My rice plain. What's your favorite way to make rice ?
Nadya S.
Oak Lawn, IL
How long does it take to cook this type of rice ?