by Mahatma

#14 in Rice

Mahatma extra long grain enriched rice 5 lbs

Does this rice smell like to basmati one?
How long does it take to cook this type of rice ?
I usually make My rice plain. What's your favorite way to make rice ?
Start your review of mahatma® extra long grain enriched rice !
Beaumont, CA
mahatma® extra long grain enriched rice  uploaded by Sabrina V.
I love this brand of rice I been using it since ei could rmweber it's the only rice I use when I make any type of rice it's delicious I never have a problem with it
Organic, No Special Diet
Kissimmee, FL
Purchased at: BJs Wholesale Club
I really like this brand of rice can be prepared in several ways I like its flavor its texture has 3% protein has 4% dietary fiber and 13 carbohydrates I recommend it has zero sodium zero cholesterol I love it
Vegetarian, Organic, Dairy Free
Saint Louis, MO
Mahatma rice was a family staple when I was growing up. It is super easy to cook with simple easy to follow on the back of the bag. Even better now they have recipes on the Mahatma website! I still remember helping my mom clean the rice and smelling the aroma of Spanish rice cooking! It always delivers and I hope to teach my daughter how to make the same fluffy rice my mother and grandmother taught me.
Vegetarian, Organic, Sugar Free
Doral, FL
mahatma® extra long grain enriched rice  uploaded by Jennifer B.
Purchased at: Walmart
Excelente marca.... excelente calidad.... excelente grano.... excleente arroz.... este es una arroz de mi cultura, arabe, que lleva carne y nueces.... y la combinación es perfecta es uno d mis comidas arabes favoritas.... la amo me encanta
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
Dallas, TX
This rice as to be my most famous 'go-to' for ages!!! My mom has fed this tonus when I was a kid all the way untill now. I love that long grains of his rice and it's very easy to cook. It only cooks for 10-15 min. But although it doesn't have a taste of course, it has a very delicate feel to it. I like to boil it with at least 4 cups because I love to eat it with gravy and such. And the water to it's liking. I don't usually like to cook it when you have to drain the water from it, but almost like steaming if you will. It very delicious and I hope that I can pass this down to many more. I don't think I have tried another type of rice. But if I have, this one is still the best!! #influenstereats #contest
Bonsall , CA
I use Mahatma and no one else. I love to put these in the rice cooker and let it do it's thing. I also add a little bit of tomato paste to make Mexican Rice, and life hack : I also put my phone in rice to soak up excess water when accidents happen. Multiple flavor possibilities, multiple life possibliities.
Hampton , VA
I buy a bag every week! This is the only rice I buy. It’s never cooked badly. 2/1 and your good. I’ve never found anything in the bag or bad rice. Cooks quickly, evenly and light and fluffy. Even when I’ve forgot it and left it a lil too long it doesn’t easily turn to mush.
Sugar Free, Low Carb, No Special Diet
Black Creek, NC
mahatma® extra long grain enriched rice  uploaded by Kat M.
I have a lot of rice reviews! I don't like to spend a lot of time on rice. This required 20 minutes in the microwave which is honestly a lot for rice in my opinion. The end result is only kind of worth it. I'd stick to more convenient options.
Vegan, Dairy Free
Great rice to always have on hand. I have used it to make pilaf or Spanish rice and even just plain steamed white rice. Good quality and consistent. Not much nutrients but once you add veggies or protein it can be a complete mail.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic
Altamonte Spg, FL
you my favorite rice! I love rice and this is my all time favorite1 I can always tell the difference between certain rices... i got the a bag from publix and it has the resealable opening...