Magnasonic 7

Magnasonic 7" Portable CD/DVD Boombox

BY MAGNASONIC

CD/DVD player in a portable system  7" crystal clear LCD TFT display Plays MP3/WMA audio and MPEG4 videos from a disc or USB drive/SD/SDHC/MMC card View a slideshow of all your photos from a picture CD or USB drive/SD/SDHC/MMC card AM/FM stereo radio with telescopic antenna SD/SDHC/MMC card slot High speed USB 2.0 port AC and battery powered Compact remote control included Plays DVD/DVD+/-R/RW; CD/CD-R/RW; CD-G karaoke CD formats Multi-language OSD: on-screen display in English, French and Spanish Bass boost/surround sound Durable, sporty design with convenient carrying handle RCA audio/video composite out for connecting to a larger screen Read the words and sing along with the built-in karaoke function Auxiliary audio-in jack for MP3 players, headphone jack, and microphone jack for karaoke use Standard DVD functions including multi angle viewing, subtitles, see more...

Magnasonic 7
Magnasonic 7" Portable CD/DVD Boombox
Himashi A.
Himashi A.
Richmond, VA
I'm shocked. Unlike other portable DVD players I've read about, this one played both my home recorded, and 'store-boughten' DVD's very well. I thought at first it was DOA, but then I found I had to push-in the AC cord pretty firmly into the unit's socket to get a connection. After that, it powered-up Ok. The volume control 'could' be made to go higher on some of my DVDs, but for most DVD's, it's fine just as it is. By the way, the manual doesn't mention this, but there is a 'nearly hidden' On/Off switch on the back of the unit to turn On/Off the 'Display'...so be advised, in case nothing shows on the screen. Also, I had to 'tilt' the unit at a downward angle to get lower 'contrast'...which gave a brighter picture...but I think I read in the manual, somewhere, that there is a 'tilt-screen' control...or maybe not.) Now, as for the use of this unit under alkaline battery-power: I loaded 8 alkaline C-Cells under optimal conditions: They were just bought at a big box store which has high product turnover...so they weren't very long on the shelf; I never 'stored' them for any length of time (or used them in any other device); I inserted them in the player within 2 days of having purchased them; and they were (alkaline) Duracell's which, hands down, are the 'best' quality in my opinion. Over a 2-evening test, with a break after 4 hours of DVD's the first night and then continuing the test the next night, the batteries lasted almost exactly a total of 6 hours of playtime. That's not too bad. I know now that I can watch about 3 DVDs on one set of 8 c-cells...given the optimal conditions I described above. If the battery conditions are not optimal (such as being stored for 9 months before being used, etc.), I'd expect less than 6 hours of playtime. Also, I used the default factory settings for the screen brightness and contrast. As I understand it, if you make the screen dimmer, the batteries last longer (as was told to me by a different manufacturer.) By the way, an 'AA' battery DVD player that used to be on the market required 6 AA batteries to get 2.25 hours of playtime. So, that will give you a basis for comparison. I hope all this helps. It really IS a good unit in my overall estimation. (I just wish it would take 8 'D'-cell batteries, instead of 'C'-cells...which would likely have given it considerably longer playtime.) And I just don't know anything about long-term durability. (Follow-up: I went to the manufacturer?/distributor? website as printed in my package/box inserts, and this is what occurred: 1) The player being reviewed is no longer being shown as a current product (i.e. it's just not 'shown' at all). I'll let you decide how to use that information. 2) I emailed their tech support department to ask what kind of battery was used in the remote control of the model I purchased, and after 3 days, I haven't received any reply. Again, I'll let you decide how to use that information.]
Caroline D.
Caroline D.
Good quality product, haven't had many issues with it since i bought it. Good product. 5 stars!