Magic Mike

by Steven Soderbergh

"Channing Tatum is electrifying" (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly) as Magic Mike, an entrepreneur with many talents and loads of charm. Mike spends his days pursuing the American Dream, from roofing houses to designing furniture at his Tampa beach condo. But at night…he's just magic. The hot headliner in an all-male revue, Magic Mike has been rocking the stage at Club Xquisite for years with his original style and over-the-top dance moves. Just as another summer opens up to a world of fun, Mike begins falling for his new protégé's captivating sister. Despite the mutual attraction, Mike might miss his chance when his lifestyle gets in the way.

Do you own this movie? How many times have you seen it?
What is the second one supposed to be about?
Anyone think Magic Mike XXL will actually have a story line? or just more dancing?
Start your review of Magic Mike!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“This movie was good but not as I expected the story line wasn't as good as people said it was but of course since Channing Tatum was in it I had to watch it ” in reviews
“...2 hours, but it was surprisingly a good movie, I actually enjoyed the story line.” in reviews
“...absolutely embarrassing but of course i'm going to watch it due to all of the eye candy in there!!” in reviews
“...showed in the trailers for it made you think that is was going to be a good movie i thought that it could have been a lot better than what it was” in reviews
Milford, DE
Good eye candy. That's mostly the reason to watch and I love Channing Tatum.
Good eye candy. That's mostly the reason to watch and I love Channing Tatum.
Canterbury
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The storyline is meh but who cares when you have a half naked Channing Tatum. If you like buff men this is for you . It also contains some humour the dancing is good. The acting is also ok not the best but ok , but again who cares did I mention the half naked Channing Tatum.
Yo nunca antes había visto esta película hasta el años pasado, fue ahí cuando escuche a un grupo de niñas hablar maravillas de ella. La verdad la he encontrado bastante irrelevante, si no fuera porqué aquellos bailarines se exhiben y aparece el famoso Channing Tatum, sería un completo flop.
Essex
I couldn't wait to go to the cinema to watch this as I do like Channing Tatum. The dancing blew me away, My favorite part is when the two guys are dancing mirror image its so sexy but tasteful and really grips you. I think I have watched the film about 10 times and everytime I smile all the way through. Channing and the rest of the dances play their parts well as male strip dancers.
Dymchurch , Kent
I liked it when they were dancing and living the life of young proud studs and I left after two hours when the lame story line still wasn't wrapped up. I did not get the idea that the ladies Mike slept with were prostitutes. At all. Why would he need to pay a prostitute? If anything, one of the missing elements was hustling on the side: Mike would be the one being paid for sexual services. I rather saw the story elements reflecting "good girl reduced to stripping and her struggle to maintain her dignity" movies, with the "good boys" in this instance given a head start precisely because they are boys. The dignity morsel was wrapped up with the "aging" thing, which any dancer would need to consider.
Toronto, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Perhaps it is cause I saw Magic Mike XXL first but I was really disappointed with this one. There was no real plot and not much back story I saw on the characters. Music and choreography were on point but other than that, was not worth what I paid for.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
This movie had a horrible plot, but let's be honest, I think most people who watched it or want to watch it aren't doing it for the plot. And on the bright side, there were some comedic moments that broke up the drama. And then of course, the dancing and men were quite pleasing to the eye.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm giving this movie 5 stars because it totally delivers what it promises. It's not academy award winning film-making by any stretch of the imagination, but it's funny, entertaining, and the men are hot as hell. What else were you expecting?
Kingston, Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Channing Tatum just, he's just a beautiful human being. This is an awesome movie to see with your closest girlfriends, as you can all swoon together and blush at the risque scenes. Finally a movie where we can ogle men!!!!
Windsor, ON
Totally wasted my money to see this in theatres, honestly half of it made me feel uncomfortable because it was so cheesy, and my friends generally weren't impressed either. Didn't live up to the hype.