Magic Mike

by Steven Soderbergh

"Channing Tatum is electrifying" (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly) as Magic Mike, an entrepreneur with many talents and loads of charm. Mike spends his days pursuing the American Dream, from roofing houses to designing furniture at his Tampa beach condo. But at night…he's just magic. The hot headliner in an all-male revue, Magic Mike has been rocking the stage at Club Xquisite for years with his original style and over-the-top dance moves. Just as another summer opens up to a world of fun, Mike begins falling for his new protégé's captivating sister. Despite the mutual attraction, Mike might miss his chance when his lifestyle gets in the way.

Do you own this movie? How many times have you seen it?
What is the second one supposed to be about?
Anyone think Magic Mike XXL will actually have a story line? or just more dancing?
Start your review of Magic Mike!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“This movie was good but not as I expected the story line wasn't as good as people said it was but of course since Channing Tatum was in it I had to watch it ” in reviews
“...2 hours, but it was surprisingly a good movie, I actually enjoyed the story line.” in reviews
“...absolutely embarrassing but of course i'm going to watch it due to all of the eye candy in there!!” in reviews
“...showed in the trailers for it made you think that is was going to be a good movie i thought that it could have been a lot better than what it was” in reviews
Missouri City, TX
I agree with the previous reviewers. Decent movie, amazing looking guys dancing everywhere. I give the eye candy an A+...i only wish the writers would have put as much work into the story line as the casting crew did with the eye candy. Would have been a much stronger movie.
We'll the dancing of course was the best part of the movie... Seriously story line was not the interesting. Second time I watch it I skipped through the movie and just watched all the dancing:D. That's what they need to sell a movie of.. just the dancing scenes!
Honestly if there wouldn't of been so much man candy in this movie it probably wouldn't be so popular but of course with Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughtey in it it was a must watch.
Chesapeake, VA
Despite what other people say I actually really enjoyed this movie, decent pace and story line. The male actors were great, dancing and otherwise, I didn't care much for the acting of channing tatum's love interest, but over all good movie.
This movie is more about seeing Channing Tatum shirtless the an actual plot, which , don't get me wrong, I am not angry about at all. But even so, it is a pretty god movie:)
Orlando, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Visually the movie is great (Channing dancing...ummmm yes please!) but the overall story goes in too many directions and the acting isn't great. If you watch it for the right (or wrong) reasons then it can definitely be enjoyable ;)
Royal Plm Bch, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
To be honest I though this move was going to be hilarious and fun to watch. I could not even sit through the entire thing. The acting was horrible. Story line even worse. I was so uncomfortable watching I had to get up and leave.
N Las Vegas, NV
I honestly thought that this movie was going to be better then i thought what they showed in the trailers for it made you think that is was going to be a good movie i thought that it could have been a lot better than what it was
Uxbridge, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Magic Mike is an excellent movie. I say this because the cast is made up of exceptionally attractive males. Channing Tatum is the lead and he is a phenomenal dancer.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie was disappointing... Yeah, it was hot, but it was WAY too intense... The second movie was so much better, very comical. I recommend that one over this one