BY MAD MEN #84 in TV

• What is this show about? I've been wanting to start it but I'm no...6 Answers
  • Anyone else feel such a strong love hate relationship with don dr...5 Answers
  • Why do all the great shows end so fast?1 Answers
Mad Men
  • "This show is intriguing and I love the costume and time period setting, but sometimes it is really slow and I feel like a lot of the plot is implied which sometimes makes it hard to follow." in 14 reviews
  • "I didn't really think I would like the show when I first started watching... By season 2 I was hooked, and I was drooling over all the fabulous dresses..." in 10 reviews
  • "Well acted, well written and beautifully produced, this how is one for the ages." in 9 reviews
  • "All I can say is I want more Don and Betty interaction in any capacity - Jon Hamm and January Jones have amazing chemistry. " in 8 reviews
  • "Even though this last season was a bit of a snoozer, I do like the show overall and am excited to tune in next season to see what Don Draper has in store for us." in 7 reviews
Nicole C.
El Dorado, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Absolutely love this show! I love the time period, the story that goes along with it, the characters. This show made me want to keep watching and not stop. Don (John Hamm) does such a great role he plays, and he is so good looking! My fiance even enjoyed watching Mad Men with me. It's not kid friendly by no means, but it's worth watching for the older folks.
Nadia Z.
I am hooked on madmen right now! I watch it on Netflix and each season gets better and funnier. Don is easy on the eyes and he has changed so much when it comes to relationships on this show. I highly recommend it
Belle B.
Matheny, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I want to sure about this show when I first started watching it. But by season two I was yelling at Don Draper with a mouth full of popcorn. Amazing actors and such an amazing set full of stuff I want in my own house!
Ilze D.
Binghamton, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I absolutely lived for this show! Jon Hamm was spot on, and John Slattery won a special place in my heart. I still cannot see Jared Harris without fondly remembering the time Lane punched Pete Campbell.
Melissa S.
I struggle with this show because I have a real life Don Draper in my own life. He's the world's most easily hateable yet likeable character and the struggle of his choices is frustrating and captivating. His self-destruction over time coupled with his brilliance for his job creates a paradox of a character you will find nowhere else on television. Jon Hamm is a legend for this role.
Joi J.
Concord, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If you get like to get lost in a time long ago then this is the show for you! Now the very first episode starts off a littttle slow, but just get through that first 10 to 15 minutes and you will be hooked!! It takes you right back to a simpler, but still complex time in our history, where news wasn't 24 hours a day and families still gathered around the table to eat meals together and a lot of wives still stayed home to take care of the family while the husband worked. Yet, it was still the time where many women where entering the workforce and venturing out of just the typical secretary role and playing bigger roles in society such as become Ad Exec and so forth. This show will take you on a roller coaster ride from start to finish, and to a time when you could still openly smoke in the office and it was rude not to offer a business associate a drink before the start of a meeting. So sit back and settle down to a glimpse into the lives of MAD MEN, you will not regret it one bit!
Patricia G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have love for this series. They do a great job of making you feel like you are in that era. I do feel like there were some plots that they either forgot about or didn't feel like closing (like someone's baby). Some episodes can get a little boring, which is why I only gave it 4 stars. Don is a terrible person, but I guess that is part of his appeal. This show is definitely for someone who likes shows from the 60s or about office drama. If you are off put by too much unnecessary conversation I would stay away. There is a LOT of character interaction that has nothing to do with anything. The acting is great and they really make the characters come to life. Just wish there wasn't so much fluff in between plots.
Katherine V.
El Paso, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The greatest show ever to be shown on television. Did you like the Gray Gatsby? Do you like vintage clothes? Then you will love Mad Men. Jon Hamm is superb in his role as Don Draper. The whole production staff is amazing as no detail is out of context. Everything is perfect.
Tony R.
BROOKLYN, NY
I heard so much about this show being one of the best things since sliced bread. I was watching and waiting for this epiphany to come to me, but it never did. It was just hum drum average for me. I had to stop after two seasons. I just couldn't take the mediocrity anymore. It was mostly boring to me. It might have been great and riveting if it was really the 60s like in the show, but there was no "edge" to it for me.
Nora L.
Hattiesburg, MS
This is one of my all-time fave shows. The costumes, the quips, the period drama. I'm so sad it's over! I have seen this OnDemand and in used DVD stores for like $6 a season, so if you didn't want it but want to get absorbed into a classy midcentury melodrama I highly recommend this!
Allie K.
Colby, KS
Favorite Mad Men character?
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA
Anyone know when the next season is coming out?
Yaneth H.
Lynwood, CA
Which character do you like the least?
Amanda G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
What is this show about? I've been wanting to start it but I'm not sure.
Shaunna D.
Pine bush, Ny
Anyone else feel such a strong love hate relationship with don draper?