BY MACY'S #4 in Department Stores

Macy's
  • "When I go to the mall I spend a lot of time in this store, it's one of my favorite department stores to look into for prom." in 59 reviews
  • "Well I just went there on sat they had a great sale I bought my little cousin 1 outfit and it even comes with a necklace." in 47 reviews
  • "I love going to Macy's, I always find something that I like and they always have sales so that people can get things a lot cheaper." in 40 reviews
  • "Great deals on clearance where one can almost always purchase something .Great having their credit card to with discounts and coupons monthly ! " in 34 reviews
  • "Customer service here is a bit too laid back in my opinion, such as witnessing employees having a really deep conversation (aka gossiping) about something other than the items on the racks." in 31 reviews
PiecesOf C.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
When I need a quality business suit or dress, I shop at Macy’s. When I need new shoes, I shop at Macy’s. (More like drool for a good 5 minutes then pull it together.) When I need a new watch, I shop at Macy’s. When I need to add to my kitchenware I shop at Macy’s -hey Martha, I’m back. What do you have for me today? When I need new furniture, I shop at Macy’s. I know I’m getting the best quality for my money. Plus, Macy’s always has the best sales and coupons! Sometimes I think they made a mistake at the register when I hear cashier say the final total. Like can y’all legally do that Macy’s? 🤣

The one downside, I can’t shop at the Macy’s in NY. Every time I visit NY, Macy’s is a must. Yes, it’s always jammed packed with tourist like me but I love it. That store is simply beautiful, even the 1/2 floor. Yes, if you’ve never been, they have a 1/2 floor. It’s hilarious. The old wooden escalators always always makes me think of the 40’s and that elegant style. I was born in the wrong era. I love how the interiors are decorator with the seasons or themes. And of course, let’s not forget your beautiful and magical Christmas windows! If I’m not there during Christmas season, I make my sister take pictures or videos of your windows and send them to me. She lives in Soho.

Macy’s is timeless.
Heather👑 H.
Lancaster
While I enjoy the layout of the store and the selection of products, I find the customer service to be subpar. I always need to hunt down an associate to access fitting rooms. The racks are often very disorganized, especially in the lingerie department. As a matter of fact, I would really appreciate an expansion of the lingerie department to be more inclusive of women with smaller breast sizes, that also have wide ribs. I find it very difficult to find something that fits and the associates I spoke to didn’t offer any help and had no answers for me. The sales racks in general are very disorganized and some times Miss marked. I will continue to shop there because I enjoyed the brands, but if there is another choice, I would rather shop at another department store.
Jennifer R.
New Market
I LOVE shopping at Macy's!! We have a local store in our mall, so I often shop online, try my purchases on at home and return whatever doesn't fit/work in store. Macy's has awesome sales and I LOVE their INC brand. This is one store I do have their credit card and utilize their awesome perks. I often shop their clearance and can also apply coupons and get amazing deals on clothes, shoes, accessories (many times the clearance items are out of season, but that's fine with me and it so exciting when the new season arrives and I have new items on hand!). Coupons and discounts for cardholders are amazing!
Sarah J.
Brooklyn
Macy’s is one of my favorite department stores. I appreciate that their prices are reasonable and they almost always have coupons. If you order from Macy’s online then shipping is free. Returns and exchanges are quick and painless.

The closest location to me is the flagship store at Herald Square in Manhattan. I love that they’ve preserved the original wooden escalators which is a nice touch of nostalgia. They have an impressive array of makeup counters. I also enjoy shopping for clothes, shoes and handbags at Macy’s. I can spend all day there! If you’re visiting NYC, then I highly recommend checking out the Herald Square Macy’s.
Amyri D.
La Place, LA
Christmas is coming and this is where I have been every weekend! I normally buy makeup and clothes for myself, but my money has been going on family in here. I love the cologne and perfume options. They smell amazing! I have never had a worker that hasn’t talked me into buying something. The workers are amazing! For my wedding, I needed a backless bra and a lady was there to help me find exactly what I needed. I am heavy busted and sometimes buying bras can be a bit of an inconvenience. But she directed me exactly where I needed to go.
Brandy R.
Windsor, KY
I do like Macy’s, I just don’t like all of their prices!! Some of their items are priced great and others are definitely not. I like to get leggings from there! They have such a huge variety and they all usually last for a long time. I do like the store they have all kinds of stuff, but I don’t go there a lot. I would recommend this store tho. Just some of their items are pricey, but it’s definitely worth checking out. They do have plenty of sales as well. If they marked down prices, I would probably shop there more!
Christia W.
Bay City
Macy’s Is an excellent place to shop although I only shop there when I have coupons and they have a huge sale which makes it super beneficial you can get Michael Coors watches for like $75 or even coach or Michael Coors purses for like 75 81st Ave. even gotten to Betty Johnson purses for my daughter for like 10 bucks so yes purses clothes but it is an excellent place to shop although I would recommend shopping there when there is a sale and you have coupons.
Liz L.
Pottsville, AR
Macy's is a department store that I think everyone in America can recognize! I love taking my family here to shop, or if I don't want to travel to the mall then I will shop online with them as well. They have everything for every style my 5 kids like as well as clothes and household items to meet my husband and my needs! One thing I loved when I lived near Boston was being able to Shop in Macy's Basement! And every time I can get back up there it is such a nostalgic place to stop and get amazing Deals!
Katie M.
Honestly, Macy’s has seriously gone downhill in the past few years, especially when you compare them to other department stores like Nordstrom. I’ve had more than a handful of bad experiences with them customer service-wise and have almost completely stopped shopping with them altogether. I will say that their home clearance section can be surprisingly impressive but other than that, I prefer not to shop at Macy’s if I don’t have to.
Tesera A.
Brooklyn, NY
Macy’s is super easy to navigate especially online. When I can’t find something I need in store, it’s pretty easy to find online in my size and different colors. I really appreciate the sizing chart on their website, it asks you for other stores you shop at and sizing there to guarantee the best fit for you. When I think I’m one size and Macy’s suggests another, I go with Macy’s sizing and it fits great when I get the product
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
What are your favorite product types that you like to purchase here?
Ariel V.
Huntington Park, CA
Do they sell Michael kors ?
Rebekah l.
Marydel, DE
Does anyone ever find there prices to be a bit high?
Charissa M.
Do they have good deals?
Melissa M.
Columbia, SC
What is your favorite department in Macy's?