45 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Powder Foundation

A one-step powder and foundation that gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte finish with medium to full coverage. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. Available in a wide range of colours.

• Long-wearing, 8 hours
  • Reduces appearance of pores
  • Controls oil and shine
  • Non-drying
  • For all skin types, especially oily skin
  • Provides stay-true colour

• Is this foundation Full coverage and is it great for oily skin?2 Answers
Christel J.
Christel J.
San Diego, CA
I can't live without this product, but it loses stars because it seems to oxidize orangey on the skin. It has amazing coverage for a powder, and back in its heyday in the 90s, it was revolutionary! The problem is that MAC has easily rested on its laurels and other makeup companies have caught up with equal or better powder products at a comparable price. When choosing this product, if you have light skin, choose a slightly smaller number than you normally would. I'm about 25% on the gray-scale (light, but not very light), and my skin is in the NW category. So reasonably I'd choose a NW25, but once it's on the skin, applied with the applicator provided, NW25 is far too dark. During the summer at my darkest, I choose NW22, and when I lighten up in the winter, I bump it down to 20. I get the best results when I start with a liquid foundation and use a makeup brush to apply MAC Studio Fix. I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could, but I do still use it in my arsenal so I rounded up to 4 stars.
Brooklyn M.
Brooklyn M.
Lake Elsinore, CA
It's a good powder..it has good coverage for being a powder. But it's not something I'd wear by itself. I feel like it looks kind if like the powder just sits on your skin and if you have a healing blemish or dry skin it's definitely not for you, it'll cling to that spot. I do however loveeeee using this to set my liquid foundations since it makes the coverage better and keeps everything in place but honestly I'm just as happy with the end product when I set with a regular translucent powder. Nothing mind blowing or revolutionary , just a good powder. The only reason I'd choose to pay more for this over a drugstore powder is that the color range is wonderful especially since I have deep yellow tones and it doesn't clog my pores. My skin is nc35-40 depending on the season and it's pretty normal healthy skin with little to no active pimples just every single pimple I do get leaves behind a dark mark so I do love me a full coverage foundation
Brandi H.
Brandi H.
Jonesboro, AR
Like clockwork for more than 10 years I buy at least 4 of these compacts each year. I wear this in NW20. I don't even have to look anymore to make sure I'm getting the right color. It's so easy to use and blend with my skin that I have NOT looked for anything else to use in place of it since I began using this product. When I am out and don't realize how close I am to that ending or I (!) drop it and it shatters I am lost until I can get to my local department store that has a MAC counter and replace it. I can't say adequately how much I love this product.

What is even more amazing about this company is that for every 6 containers you bring in to them to recycle they give you your choice of one lipstick. At actual MAC stores (which are amazing) you can get a lipstick or an eye shadow! I have not purchased a lipstick in a very, very long time.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Ontario , CA
Review for: NW22
Mac has a lot of coverage but it la so bad for the skin. If you use better foundations or powder you won't need all the nasty ingredients and cake your face. Anyways I was on an event and I had to get my makeup done 3 days in a row. Sadly I couldn't use my good foundation I have 3. Tarte becca and smashbox my powders are benefit urban decay. So with those 3 days my whole chin started breaking out. I saw the girl disinfect every time after a client and before the client. So I know she was very sanitary she also used the same brush cleaner I use. So I know it was not any type of reaction from the cleaner. Over all Mac has been know to be bad for the skin look at all the workers there they have pretty bad skin. Stick to quality foundation like becca Tarte urban decay smashbox benefit also for dryer skin use the too faced
Kim J.
Kim J.
Ellijay, GA
Review for: N3
This has the potential to be the absolute best foundation on the market, save a few issues. It dries out too quickly (even when you keep the compact closed tightly as suggested)- as far as price, I think that at first glance, it is a fair price for the product; however, once I discovered that the stuff was drying out despite my diligent closure (even between applications on the same day), it lost its overall value in my eyes. The packaging was actually cool to look at....at first, but then became a pain just to get to the sponge between the foundation and the applicator. If i didn't have longer nails, I would have been up a creek trying to get it open. For younger, more experimental (i guess) friends, I might recommend it.
Emily C.
Emily C.
Temple Terr, FL
I have been using this powder foundation on and off for probably close to 10 years. I get mine at the MAC counter in Dillards. I use N5 (even through I am extremely fair skinned). I can't rememeber a time when I have broken out using this powder, but I found many years ago to apply this foundation with a brush instead of the sponge it comes with. That way its build-able coverage from a sheer foundation to something a little more like a flawless foundation. I am super oily so I do have to use a primer and sill probably re-apply once to twice more throughout the day (but just in my oily spots). I like that it is easily portable for just those situations, and I carry a mini kabuki brush for those touch ups.
Maira G.
Maira G.
Lake Worth, FL
I love this powder to set my foundation, is what I use on clients too. It keeps you matte all day, also if you need more coverage this would give you an extra coverage on your face (just be a little careful because it's a powder foundation you can sometimes look a little cakey if you apply to much). I don't have to retouch when I use this powder.

Amo este polvo para sellar mi base, es el polvo que también uso en mis clientes. Te deja mate todo el día, si necesitas un poquito mas de cobertura este polvo te da extra cobertura en tu rostro (solo tengan cuidado ya que es una base en polvo, si agregas de más te puedes mirar un poco pastelosa). Cuando uso este polvo no es necesario retocarlo.
Anais A.
Anais A.
Miami Beach, FL

The first time I used this base powder did not prebase and struck me how well it covers and finish left on my skin. I really like good coverage and natural finished , it seemed that was not wearing makeup. After several hours ( in the car with sun and some heat ) I noticed that left some highlights, but nothing to worry about. It was only necessary to absorb a little paper ready . Even when I applied it over my foundation , she left me a neat appearance and obviously with better coverage.
I'm definitely very happy with this product and buy it again . I highly recommend it for people with oily skin, if they have mixed , make sure to moisturize dry areas before applying makeup.
Review for: C7
I really like the Studio Fix foundations and have been using them for years. I started using these foundations back in 2009 and haven't really stayed loyal to any of brands. The Studio Fix line offer fantastic and controllable coverage. The powder offers medium to full coverage, the liquid offers full coverage. Since it's harder to match the liquid to darker complexions, I typically use it as my highlight and the powder as my actual foundation. I never feel cakey or overdone. The liquid version leave a nice satin finish and the powder of course leaves a matte finish, but the skin comes through once it settles. All in all, I love these foundations.
Karyn T.
Karyn T.
San Diego , CA
Studio Fix Powder is my favorite when it comes to powder foundation! This is definitely in my arsenal of really really good make up.

I remember wearing it and my friends asking if it was a liquid foundation on my face, I knew from that on that this was an amazing powder. The compact is so sleek, I love toting it around!

Make sure to put a primer on before putting your makeup, when powder foundation I put the concealer on first, blend then apply the powder. I don't use the puff in the compact because I feel it provides too much coverage, so I opt for a fluffy foundation brush!

I often use this powder to set in liquid foundations too!
Sabrina V.
Phoenix, AZ
What do you wear under?
Kayla T.
Kayla T.
How long does does this last you ladies?
Liliana R.
Liliana R.
I would like to know how good is the coverage by itself?
Shirley F.
Shirley F.
Has anyone used this MAC Studio Fix Foundation and Powder yet? Does it give you a natural look or leave your face looking chalky?