Add a Photo

By MAC COSMETICS
#1 in Powder Foundation

A one-step powder and foundation that gives skin a smooth, flawless, all-matte finish with medium to full coverage. Long-wearing, velvety texture allows skin to breathe. Available in a wide range of colours.

• Long-wearing, 8 hours
  • Reduces appearance of pores
  • Controls oil and shine
  • Non-drying
  • For all skin types, especially oily skin
  • Provides stay-true colour
  • Non-streaking
  • Non-caking
  • Non-settling
  • Photo-friendly
Photos (352)
Priscila C.
Priscila C.

I have used this foundation for many years, I love that it's more of a medium to full coverage powder foundation but doesn't look powdery on my oily skin. I specially like to use it in the summer to control the shine on my forehead, nose and chin. Even using it everyday during the summer the compact lasts me a long time.

When it starts to get drier, I still use this foundation sometimes but I apply it with a dampened dense foundation brush. Coverage this way is much faster to apply. Just be careful not to wet the actual compact and only slightly dampen your brush.

I love that this compact is very portable for touch-ups, it has a mirror and the sponge application sits underneath the compact so it's separated from the product itself and doesn't get dirty.

Also, I love how inclusive MAC is with their many shades and that they have a Back-2-Mac recycling program to recycle used compacts (when you return 6 empty compacts or products you pick a free lipstick!).
Tiffany G.
Tiffany G.
Belpre, OH

Absolutely the most amazing foundation that I have ever come across. I don't know that I will use anything else ever again. When I ordered it I was somewhat under the impression that this was a cream to powder type full coverage foundation compact. It isnt. It is just a power... BUT, whatever they have done to this powder is miraculous!! It can be sheer or a completely full coverage foundation that feels like you are wearing nothing but gives you the look of an hour long primer, liquid foundation, powder foundation regimen in literally 5mins and with one step. The power builds on itself to cover more or less fully depending on how many times you go over your fave with the powder. It comes.with a large round sponge type applicator that stores inside the compact and the compact lid is a mirror. I am in love with this product beyond words. It beats much more expensive foundations that I have tried hands down and then some. As a bonus, for anyone who is as deathly pale as I am... it ACTUALLY has a color for our skin tone... more than one "super super light" options at that. I have not found that ANYWHERE else. Do yourself a favor and buy this foundation ASAP. You will never go back to the primer, concealer, liquid, powder routine ever again. That's a promise!! :) ♡♡♡
paola d.
paola d.

Christel J.
Christel J.
San Diego, CA

I can't live without this product, but it loses stars because it seems to oxidize orangey on the skin. It has amazing coverage for a powder, and back in its heyday in the 90s, it was revolutionary! The problem is that MAC has easily rested on its laurels and other makeup companies have caught up with equal or better powder products at a comparable price. When choosing this product, if you have light skin, choose a slightly smaller number than you normally would. I'm about 25% on the gray-scale (light, but not very light), and my skin is in the NW category. So reasonably I'd choose a NW25, but once it's on the skin, applied with the applicator provided, NW25 is far too dark. During the summer at my darkest, I choose NW22, and when I lighten up in the winter, I bump it down to 20. I get the best results when I start with a liquid foundation and use a makeup brush to apply MAC Studio Fix. I'd give it 3.5 stars if I could, but I do still use it in my arsenal so I rounded up to 4 stars.
Saneela R.
Saneela R.
Kew Gardens, NY

I'm a strong believer in liquid foundations because whenever I use powder foundations I feel that I look cakey or blotchy. I had bought the Studi Fix Powder foundation a few months ago to set under my eyes but the layers of make up underneath plus such a full coverage foundation tended creasing up. A few weeks ago my sister was visiting and I saw her use her powder and decided to give it a go. I wore it over my moisturizer and liquid illuminated and oh my goodness this has been one of THE BEST looks ever on me. Full coverage and natural looking skin! Also, it's super easy and quick to apply. I use a semi-wet beauty blender and just pat it under my eyes and sweep it over my face. For extra coverage on stubborn spots I pat the product in. I love how light it feels on my skin, how long lasting it is and how natural it looks on me all the while giving full coverage. Worth the money I spent on it and will definitely be repurchasing this foundation.
Brooklyn M.
Brooklyn M.
Lake Elsinore , CA

It's a good powder..it has good coverage for being a powder. But it's not something I'd wear by itself. I feel like it looks kind if like the powder just sits on your skin and if you have a healing blemish or dry skin it's definitely not for you, it'll cling to that spot. I do however loveeeee using this to set my liquid foundations since it makes the coverage better and keeps everything in place but honestly I'm just as happy with the end product when I set with a regular translucent powder. Nothing mind blowing or revolutionary , just a good powder. The only reason I'd choose to pay more for this over a drugstore powder is that the color range is wonderful especially since I have deep yellow tones and it doesn't clog my pores. My skin is nc35-40 depending on the season and it's pretty normal healthy skin with little to no active pimples just every single pimple I do get leaves behind a dark mark so I do love me a full coverage foundation
Cindy E.
Cindy E.

Traducir
I really like this. I bought this after buying Laura Gellar BnB in Fair and having it oxidize and become orange on me. I really like the BnB but I was frustrated with their extremely limited shade range. The MAC is far less expensive and has a much better shade range. I went to a counter and got shade matched and then later bought it online. I've used this almost daily for at least a year and have still not hit pan. I love this because it's high coverage but natural looking. I don't need a lot of coverage so a little goes a long way (which is probably why it's lasted so long for me). At first I thought it made me look pastey, but it's nothing that a little bronzer and blush can't fix. Overall, this works great on my skin and I would repurchase because it's around the same price as other higher end foundations (if not cheaper) and lasts awhile.
Mariana soledad C.
Mariana soledad C.
Miami

It really is good this product I use daily and I love it because it leaves me very beautiful skin free of fat I recommend to use a product that is worth having always and its very good price you can get at your favorite pharmacy or store ... uso tono 25 y 30.
Brandi H.
Brandi H.
Jonesboro, AR

Like clockwork for more than 10 years I buy at least 4 of these compacts each year. I wear this in NW20. I don't even have to look anymore to make sure I'm getting the right color. It's so easy to use and blend with my skin that I have NOT looked for anything else to use in place of it since I began using this product. When I am out and don't realize how close I am to that ending or I (!) drop it and it shatters I am lost until I can get to my local department store that has a MAC counter and replace it. I can't say adequately how much I love this product.

What is even more amazing about this company is that for every 6 containers you bring in to them to recycle they give you your choice of one lipstick. At actual MAC stores (which are amazing) you can get a lipstick or an eye shadow! I have not purchased a lipstick in a very, very long time.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Ontario , Ca

Mac has a lot of coverage but it la so bad for the skin. If you use better foundations or powder you won't need all the nasty ingredients and cake your face. Anyways I was on an event and I had to get my makeup done 3 days in a row. Sadly I couldn't use my good foundation I have 3. Tarte becca and smashbox my powders are benefit urban decay. So with those 3 days my whole chin started breaking out. I saw the girl disinfect every time after a client and before the client. So I know she was very sanitary she also used the same brush cleaner I use. So I know it was not any type of reaction from the cleaner. Over all Mac has been know to be bad for the skin look at all the workers there they have pretty bad skin. Stick to quality foundation like becca Tarte urban decay smashbox benefit also for dryer skin use the too faced
Sabrina V.

What do you wear under?
Kayla T.
Kayla T.
Beausejour, Mb

How long does does this last you ladies?
Liliana R.
Liliana R.

I would like to know how good is the coverage by itself?
Shirley F.
Shirley F.

Has anyone used this MAC Studio Fix Foundation and Powder yet? Does it give you a natural look or leave your face looking chalky?

Join Now