22 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #13 in Liquid Foundation

MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 Foundation is a modern foundation that combines a natural matte finish and medium to full buildable coverage with broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15/PA++ protection. Applies, builds and blends easily and evenly. Comfortable and long-wearing, it helps minimize the appearance of pores and imperfections, giving skin a smoother, more flawless look and finish.

Buy on ULTA
Ammy A.
Ammy A.
Seattle, WA
I am light blonde with a pale skin, also I have oily skin and acne scars in my checks. I've tried different brands like Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation color # 3, NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation color Fiji with their own primer skin but I always I have oil on my skin specially on my T zone through the hours.

Amazingly, I've using this product for two years and I discovered that MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation color C3.5 using it with the primer and powered of the same line is giving me a matte skin for 8 hours or more sometimes without spot in my nose or excessive accumulative of the product in my expression lines. When is winter I like to use MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation color N5. This color is amazing in my skin because is light than the first one and it does not have a subtone yellow. Also, it is enough thick to cover my scars acne in my cheeks. If you do not have to much to cover and do not care to much about oily skin. I will recommend use the other ones I wrote before they are good too but not for perfect matte skin like Mac and Kat Von D that is my other favorite option if I wanted to change of brand.

The point negative that I saw in this product is that have sunscreen of 15 so in my case sometimes when I am in bar or dark place my face in the pictures looks so white. If you need to take a pictures during the night but have a matte skin your best option is Kat Von D. Also, It comes without dispenser so you have a glass of bottle that if you do not have care you should have a mess but I do not care about it.
Jen S.
Jen S.
Austin, TX
I feel like every new foundation I try is my favorite and I have only been wearing this one for a week, but right now this is my favorite. I had been experiencing some separation on my foundation after several hours of wearing it in a hot sunny humid climate, so I stopped by Mac to see if they could help me out. First of all, their color match was perfect almost immediately. They tried nc10 and nw10 on me and went with nw10. A lot of people get stumped by my neutral skin tone and miss that it leans very slightly more cool, but not the artists at Mac! They swatched and pegged it right away. I was really happy with the service I got there. It's a little confusing that they call cool colors warm, but I'm pretty much over it already. This foundation held up well on my dry/combo skin in a humid climate, though was a little too dry in a dry climate. But they have three formulations, so I am considering going back to get the one for dry skin. Mostly I'm just really happy with the color match!

Update: I've found that on really dry days, this foundation just sits on my skin weird. I cannot use it at all on dry days. So use a good primer and maybe use a different foundation on really dry days.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
WOW! First of all, ive never used Mac before until recently. I never even knew how much Mac cosmetics cost either. I always ASSUMED it was more expensive than tarte, too faced, and urban decay. I was so wrong. It was actually cheaper. I was pleasantly surprised by their prizes. I didn't like how hard it was to find your color, as they don't name them or describe the color. They just use letters and numbers. I suggest you look up online how to pick your color. I accidentally picked a color a shade too light. And the powder foundation was lighter than the liquid foundation, even thought i picked the same color in both NW13. Besides that, the makeup is top quality. I really loved it. Great coverage, and lasted all day, and my face didn't get oily at all, which i one of my problems with foundations. I have combo skin. I didn't even need to use primer, which i usually do. I tremendously love the studio fix. My favorite powder used to be lorac, but this by FAR beats it!
Katherine H.
Katherine H.
Stony Brook, New York
This is my favorite foundation. It's a great medium-full coverage with a lovely satin-matte finish. I can easily build it up to very intense coverage without it becoming cakey. It applies and blends out very well with either a brush or a sponge. I recommend using a dense brush like the Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Also, it has phenomenal staying power. When I work long hours, I can apply it at 7AM and it'll still look decent at 7PM! Finally, the shade range simply cannot be beaten.

One of the things I love most about this foundation is how it mixes well with other products. Many great foundations perform poorly when mixed with liquid highlighters or even other foundation. They'll become streaky, lose their staying power, or fall into fine lines and pores. I can mix Studio Fix Fluid with pretty much anything and it'll keep it's amazing staying power and silky smooth application!
Mitsuko S.
Mitsuko S.
Coronado, CA
I've used Mac products off and on through out the years. My first experience was with the Mac studio fix compact. Back in the day, 10-15 years ago, it broke me out something vicious. But I decided to give it another try. I no longer need the compact as I'm no longer the shiny teenager I used to be. However, I got adult acne in my 30s and needed some serious coverage. So I went to the Mac counter and was introduced to the studio fix fluid. I am in love! It does what it says it does, provides full coverage all day long! It covers my acne scars with a thin application. It eliminates the red pimples with a dab of extra foundation, or in combination with your favorite concealer. If you need a full coverage fluid foundation, look no further. It blends easily. It doesn't cake or cause any skin irritation.

The attached picture is after 8hrs of wear, in the shade nc25. Without any color from the sun, I wear nc20.
Rawda K.
Rawda K.
Inkster , MI
not sure if anyone else had the same issues as i did. 1. It does cover if u have good skin,however not the best for those looking for full coverage foundation to cover acne scars,hyperpigmentation! 2.it is great for dry skin like me, it does not emphasis my dry patchy skin. 3.it's not great for oily skin as it seems to start getting oily & shiny after even just an hour,i know because my sister has oily skin,made her look too shiny& oily. 4.It tends to move and slide around a lot,so don't expect this foundation to stay put unless you wear a good oil free primer 1st,and for the oily skin girls,powder too. 5.its not good for sensitive/acne prone skin. It does break you out. 6.its not for people with allergies,it made my eyes& nose watery.7 Mac shades/undertones are as follow, NW means,not warm. NC means Not Cool. Hence why some get wrong shades/undertone
Damilola À.
Damilola À.
Review for: NW15
Studio Fix is just one of those foundations that I always seem to come back to. Despite what other people might say , MAC is one of those few makeup brand that does not break me our or irritate my skin. I wish that they had more in-between shades, but other than that this foundation is good. It's full coverage without looking cakey (but it is possible to go overboard), it leaves a nice satin finish which can be matte with a nice powder and it stays on without moving. Even though this foundation claims to be oil-free, I myself have very very VERY oily skin so I HAVE to use a primer with all my foundations and this one is no exception, in order to increase the wear time I put a foundation on before applying this and it last a good 5-7hours. I love the wide color range and how on my skin (emphasis on mine) it doesn't feel heavy.
Daniella G.
Daniella G.
Homestead, FL
This was my first high-end foundation and my father bought it for me when I was like 15 years old... When I try it I though it was the best foundation ever but now that I have other ones that I love most, I don't know how I feel about this one. I like it, I don't love it.
1. Has a medium to full coverage and feels heavy on the skin. That doesn't bother me at all but when I use it for a very long amount of time I just can't wait to wash my face.
2. It's pretty on the skin, looks not natural but not like I have a mask... It looks like I'm wearing makeup but doesn't look bad.
3. Looks good in pictures
4. The aplication is easy, I use a brush and it's ok.
5. Doesn't stay matte but doesn't make me look like a hot dog eighter.
I don't know, I don't think that its a must have but I really like it and I would repurchase if I run out.
Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.
Columbus, OH
This foundation is nice. It's a bit thinner than I was expecting, but still does a respectable job covering imperfections and evening out skin tone. I'm pretty new to the MAC world but I had a coupon code so I took a gamble on matching my shade online and it didn't turn out too bad. It's def still a bit yellow on me but I think it'll be perfect for summer. I've heard lots of complaints on color matching with this foundation so it's to be expected. I hate that you have to pour the product out. Why oh why do manufacturers insist on no pump with glass bottles?! Drives me nuts! Also, this product has a very strong paint smell, similar to Revlon colorstay, but it fades fairly quickly. Staying power seems pretty good and didn't do too bad with oil control. I'd be interested to compare this to their more expensive pro longwear.
Lorena r.
Lorena r.
Lomita, CA
This foundation is everything I wanted in a foundation, the only thing is that I was matched with the wrong shade. They gave me NC42, which I think I may be a shade darker. But when I tried NC45, it way too dark. It matched my body (arms and legs) but not my chest and face. So that's a bummer. But I do mix it in other foundations that are too dark for me, so I do use it. And it's a great matte foundation. Doesn't cake up on me, doesn't feel heavy, and doesn't accentuate any fine lines or dry patches I have. I do use it with a beautyblender because I feel like it doesn't blend out that well with a brush. It is a bit pricey, but if you find a perfect match then it's worth it! Just be careful if you have sensitive skin, it could break you out. Luckily, it didn't break me out, it used to in middle school though.
Liza P.
Liza P.
Triangle, VA
Does this product break you guys out?
Leslie G.
Leslie G.
Montclair, CA
For dry skin?
Destanee S.
Destanee S.
Joshua, TX
Does this cause any breakout? How long does it last?
Ine U.
Ine U.
I have ben looking for a foundation for months now, is this a good one? Cover this up all your pimples or blemishes??
Lacie B.
Lacie B.
Glen Burnie, MD
I use this product and it makes my faces cakey. Ive tried several brushes. I exfoliate and moisterize before each use. I also use a finishing powder as well, any ideas?