Add a Photo

By MAC COSMETICS
#33 in Liquid Foundation

A fluid foundation that provides low-to-medium buildable coverage and a flawless, natural satin-shine finish. Skin conditioning, water-resistant and long-wearing. Now available in two sizes, including the new 50 ml.

Photos (113)
Sybil W.
Sybil W.
La Place, LA
I currently own two of these in the large 4 oz. Sized bottles that they offer. First off, this foundation is very liquidy, and there is a learning curve when it comes to applying it as well. It is best to have a MAc sakes associate show you how to properly apply this foundation, before buying it. Because, if not, you may find yourself stuck at a loss on how to properly apply it to your face, after getting it home. I happen to use my MAC 190 brush to apply this foundation to my face.

It comes in a pure white shade, along with shades that are Cool, or Neutral. One thing about this foundation is that the shade range may be on the limited side, but the shades are super forgiving in that, they have the ability to adapt to a wide variety of skintones. However, I am not sure if very dark as well as deep shades are offered in this foundation, at this time. The shade that I got us C2, and in MAC, I have been matched to being an NC and NW30. I have a medium skintone that has an undertone that ranges from being pink/red to sometimes peachy. And, the C2 works fine for me. Now, this foundation is not for individuals who have acne breakouts that need heavy coverage to best conceal such, and it is also not for individuals that have either hypopigmentation or hyperpigmentation that needs serious coverage to properly cover up such. Thus foundation is best for use on either normal or dry skintypes, that don't have any serious issues going on with their skin that requires really heavy coverage. Because this foundation provides sheer, to light-medium, builds le coverage at best.

It is not oil free, so it does need to be set with a setting powder. This foundation is very popular, because it is widely used on models, because it leaves behind a very skinlike effect to the face. However, it is one that definitely comes with a learning curve associated with it, due to the texture of it. It does have a very slight orangey type smell, to it, however, it does not contain any added fragrance to it. The smell of it is totally fine with me, however, this foundation does leave a dewy finish to the skin, that unless you like having a dewy finish, you can go without applying any powder over it, but I prefer to apply a translucent powder over it, in order to give it more of a semi-matte or semi-dewy look to my face instead.

Within a period of time, the foundation will start to separate in the bottle, which is why, it is a must that you shake it up before applying it to your face. Just because it inevitably starts to separate, does not mean that it has gone bad or is not fresh any longer, as this foundation has a very, very long shelf life.
Estefania F.
Estefania F.
South Gate, CA
This is a lightweight skin like foundation that provides skin tone evening, sheer coverage along with moisture and long wear. This is by no means a medium coverage foundation as it claims it can be, this is for the girl that wants to even their skin appearance and tone ( be it on their face or body as the name implies). It provides a natural true to skin look, which is what I look for in a foundation. Perfect skin isn't necessary for this foundation. A good concealer can provide the extra coverage you need for darker spots or prominent acne. I find that on hotter days the moisture it gives turns you oilier if you don't powder properly. Considering it is a high end product it’s surprisingly affordable especially if you go for the 4.0 oz. bottle. Assuming that every ounce is more or less worth $20, the 4.0 oz. bottle is $36 dollars versus a $27 for a 1.7 oz. one. Considering a quarter size amount is enough for your whole face and part of your neck, a little goes a long way so it will be an investment with longevity. Overall I would recommend it, if you want to take the plunge and if you want all of the outlined features.
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
I actually returned this product to MAC because it was not at all what I needed for my skin.
So I don't have a lot of acne. Just mild blemishes, and my face is very fair with a red undertone. Again, the red undertone isn't too overwhelming on my face but still with the red and a few blemishes I at least wanted those things to be covered up. I loved the concept of waterproof foundation that I could wear throughout the summer and not have to worry about my face looking like it was melting.
I don't know if I didn't have the right color or the right primer but I tried it with a couple different primers, and applied it with a brush, beauty blender and even my fingers and it was too sheer of a coverage. I even tried to add multiple layers for build able coverage but it didn't seem to cover what I was wanting. On top of that I felt like I was having to use a ton of the product to give the look I wanted. So I ended up returning it and right now am trying out the Tarte lightweight foundation
Kelly E.
Kelly E.
East meadow, NY
Where can I start? I LOVE this foundation so much!!! This is a light coverage formula that can be built up a little but it very much is for someone who is going for a natural look. This is my every day easy base, I will not travel without this it's seriously that good. The consistency is very liquidy and is best applied with a dense brush so as to lessen product absorption (like if you used a sponge), and then can be further blended with the fingers. It's so beautifully and glowy and I always get compliments and questions about what's on my face when I wear this? The price point is awesome for the amount of product you get (significantly more than an ounce) and is totally worth is if you're thinking about this and enjoy a lighter coverage go for it! You're going to love it
Dana F.
Dana F.
Pineville, MO
Foundation is my holy grail and definetely a must to have in every makeup artists kit.

If you're full glam kind of person, this foundation is not for you. This is a very light coverage, but buildable foundation that is ideal for someone looking for something natural to wear on a daily basis. It is just enough to even out and enhance complexion. It's amazing on dry and mature skin, it will add fresh dewy effect to counteract tiredness and dullness that dry skin tends to have. That being said, if you're more on the oily side, you're not going to like it at all as it does not mattify whatsoever. You can build it up to medium coverage, but it will not cover any crazy blemishes or under eye circles too dark so I recommend a separate concealer to tackle that.
Eva N.
Eva N.
Maplewood, NJ
This is a great product! I bought it after the makeup artist used it for my prom makeup, and I love it. I have been using it everyday. This definitely is a little more pricey, but it's worth it! The foundation is water based, so it will not dry out your skin, and it is a great summer foundation. It's lightweight and you do not feel it on your face after you put it on, and this foundation has lasted me through many outdoor parties in the heat, so it's perfect for summer. If you want a full coverage foundation, do not buy this because it is very natural looking. A little goes a long way with this product, so it is worth the money. However I would be careful if you have oily skin because this product has a dewy finish so it may not work for you.
Cher S.
Cher S.
MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation, according to the description it is comfortable, lightweight on your skin. It has a unique blend of emollients that gives you a low-to-medium buildable coverage with a natural satin finish. It is moisturizing, long-wearing formula and glides onto your face and body while providing stay-true color. This is true, I love this foundation for when I just want to put on a light foundation, just to give me a dewy, natural finish. I usually apply it with my beauty blender and then apply my powder over it and it will last me all day with no additional applying. Mac Studio Face and Body is one of my go-to foundations for summer time. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a light foundation with medium coverage.
Mary D.
Mary D.
Bowie, MD
The foundation feels slightly sticky when it's applied. The coverage is not that great. And it's somewhat difficult to blend out - so don't expect to put some on your fingertips and get good coverage that way. Even with a brush, it doesn't go very far.

Before this, I was using a tinted BB cream by Tarte, and I could spread, blend, and get good medium coverage with a very small amount of product. It moisturizer a little, and even has sun protection (SPF 15). One small tube lasts me a full year. It also felt light on my skin. Meanwhile the MAC foundation costs the same amount, doesn't moisturize or have an SPF, and will not last as long because I have to use a lot more for the coverage I want. I won't be getting it again.
Anna M.
Anna M.
Harbor City, CA
My holy grail! MAC's Face & Body is my everyday foundation. It's sheer in coverage, so my skin still looks like natural skin. It is a trickier foundation to use, as it's watery in consistency. In terms of application, I'd strongly suggest using your hands and priming your face prior to applying the foundation. The foundation will start off really watery, but once you start to feel a tug on the skin, that's when you know that you've applied it correctly. This product does not have SPF, so it works wonders for times when there will be flash photography. SPF creates a stark white flashback. So the absence of SPF helps keep your foundation true to color for times when you need flash photography!
Aimee L.
Aimee L.
My favorite no makeup makeup foundation. It gives me a nice sheet dewy finish that I love for those kind of easy going days. I think the colors are unbelieveable and matched perfectly with N2.

The best way for me to use it it over my blurring primer since I have larger pores. I dot a few spots on my face and work it in with my fingers a bit. If i want more coverage in certain areas, I'll just build over those areas. I also found that my artis brush worked great to blend out the foundation.

The finish on this foundation is exactly what I like for a sheer foundation and it photographs lovely. No wonder why it's been a favorite amoung even the elite professional makeup artists.
Maria  V.
Maria V.
Fresno, CA
Do you get cakey using this foundation?
Kelsi S.
Kelsi S.
I'm always worried about using a liquid foundation because of the weight and feeling of it on my face. Is this one light or does it feel like it clogs your pores and smothers your face? Looking for a new foundation with light coverage. Thanks!
laquita d.
laquita d.
Mineral Bluff, GA
Can someone tell me the cheapest way to get mac foundation? I'm on a budget right now but I really really want to try it
Kim S.
Kim S.
St Petersburg, FL
Does this foundation last all day?
Abbey S.
Abbey S.
Is this foundation waterproof??