BY MAC COSMETICS #44 in Liquid Foundation

A fluid foundation that provides low-to-medium buildable coverage and a flawless, natural satin-shine finish. Skin conditioning, water-resistant and long-wearing. Now available in two sizes, including the new 50 ml.

• What is the best way to apply this? I've tried moisturising befor...3 Answers
  • Is this full coverage? Or a sheer finish?2 Answers
  • I have been looking for a new foundation but I don't like mine to...3 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom
skylar a.
Atlanta, GA
Review for: Other
i have the shade c7. i love this water based foundation because it is the closest that i own of an exact match. i don’t like to do a lot of magic with mixing and all that. MAC claims that this is a long wearing, sating finish. and that is very true. i never have any transfer from this foundation. i always matte my foundation finishes with powder. one or two days from spring/ summer i will let it work it’s natural finish. she’s sheer. this is not a foundation for coverage. this has a fresh, baby doll kind of finish. after 8 or 9 hrs is when i can feel it on my face.
Kristi G.
Rosemead, CA
Review for: N2
I really do not like this foundation at all. I had to buy two foundations/ mix them together to get a perfect shade match. The coverage is definitely not full coverage, not super buildable, and tacky. You could honestly see my pimples, bumps, scars, and imperfections, made me pretty disappointed (Had high hopes for this foundation). Left my face feeling so heavy, sticky, and disgusting. I remember applying this on my face and I think my face had a huge allergic reaction to it. I ended up turning red and I felt like my face was on fire. Wish I returned this product, but I didn't. This foundation is definitely not worth the price! The formula is not so great as well. Oh and lets not forget the smell, it's horrendous. I couldn't stand it. Even my boyfriend did not want to kiss me!
Mallory P.
Cleveland
Review for: C3
This is a very lightweight and sheer foundation. It only gives a slight tint to the skin. It has a glowy finish which I like for my dry skin. It's not as long wearing as some foundations out there. I get about 5 hours of good wear time. The color C3 is a bit dark for me in winter but it's perfect in summer.
Ariel S.
Sheridan, WY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: MAC Studio Face & Body Foundation/1.7 oz.
I love this. It applies really smoothly, it’s very long lasting and the coverage is not too bad! I have combination skin (very dry and very oily) and this worked super well!
I would definitely buy this product again, this brand is awesome and they never let me down!
Totally recommend this
⚡Cheri L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I️ have freckles, sensitive and slightly maturing skin. This is my favorite foundation for that. I️ love that I️ can build based on my day to day needs. I️ tend to opt for the more natural look to prevent the cakey look and breakouts I️ get from applying full coverage over my freckles. If I️ want natural skin look I️ apply alone. If I️ want a little more special occasion coverage I️ build with a couple layers and dust a little powder to mute the shine for a more satin look. This is my Swiss Army knife of foundations.
Emily H.
Fullerton, CA
 I really love this foundation! It's very lightweight and  has light coverage, however it is buildable to a medium coverage.   My favorite part of this foundation is that skin still looks like skin regardless of how much you put on.   It leaves a lovely satin finish. My only complaint of this foundation is that it does oxidize over a period of hours and unfortunately I am the lightest shade so it's a perfect match for me upon application,  but then later oxidizes to be too dark.
Gabriella H.
Newark, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love MAC products. The face and body foundation is a sheer coverage foundation but is very build-able. I love mixing this foundation with a darker one to create the perfect airbrushed darker finish. The WORST thing about this is the fact that MAC still tests on animals.
Jamie S.
Mchenry, IL
Review for: C3
I have yet to be disappointed by this product goes on nice a thin and is a good sheer to light coverage. My skin looks nice a dewy when I use this great for winter and summer when you don't what a heavy face.
Johana G.
New Castle, DE
Review for: M A N3
The very high concentration of water in its formulation makes it especially fluid. If we put a droplet on the back of the hand and move it, it glides with great ease, more than MUFE Face & Body, for example, which is more gelatinous. As Aparichi would say: "it looks like water with color".

Thanks to its liquid texture it fuses perfectly with the skin, obtaining a finish of moist and hydrated aspect. It does not create a "smoothing" layer on top, so it is not the best ally for those girls who seek to conceal dilated pores, for example. On the other hand, for this same reason, we will need more quantity than with another type of base, especially if we want to work in layers. I think the packaging is perfectly designed for her: plastic that is consistent but soft enough to tighten, with a narrow, elongated hole that allows you to control the amount we need and a screw cap that protects against accidents inside the bag. It is necessary to shake it very well before getting into trouble with it so that all its components are united and the mixture is homogeneous.

I have used it with different tools and the results, although very similar, vary Another of my "fears" with her was to stand in front of the mirror and see a light bulb looking back at me.

My skin is normal-mixed, considering the center of the forehead the most fat, nose and chin areas and the rest normal. And although I like the hydrated and slightly moist appearance, I was not interested in touching the "lacquered face" end at all. I prefer to look at some other brightness than the skin of the face, but the less you rub both ends the better.

The coverage is very low / low and modulable, depending on the layers we put. I do not usually put more than two to not recharge, but everything is to try.

Right now I really like to use it alone giving some touch of concealer in concrete marques, nothing more. However, throughout the winter I was short and I preferred to use other more covering bases to mix them
Sarah B.
West Bend, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
This foundation has  A huge variety of different shades.it depends on how you apply it it's can have light, medium or if you put layers on even full coverage. What I love about this foundation is that for every skin undertone there is a perfect match. Foundation looks really natural and pretty.price is totally OK.have this foundation in my professional make up artist kit and clients love it
Maria  V.
Fresno, CA
Do you get cakey using this foundation?
laquita d.
Mineral Bluff, GA
Can someone tell me the cheapest way to get mac foundation? I'm on a budget right now but I really really want to try it
Kelsi S.
I'm always worried about using a liquid foundation because of the weight and feeling of it on my face. Is this one light or does it feel like it clogs your pores and smothers your face? Looking for a new foundation with light coverage. Thanks!
Kim S.
St Petersburg, FL
Does this foundation last all day?
Abbey S.
Is this foundation waterproof??