BY MAC COSMETICS

The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight. Brand: M.A.C. Style Name: MAC Strobe Cream. Style Number: 181263. Available In Stores.

• Hi everyone! Did anybody try this product ? I'm so curious about it...2 Answers
  • Is this a primer or a moisturizer?4 Answers
Buy on Jet.com
  • "I love using this as a moisturizer before I do my makeup or mixing it into my fondation to add a little bit of dewiness and glow." in 1 review
  • "Because it's a cream, it has a little bit of a hydrating quality to it which is always great for dry skin." in 1 review
  • "I have very dry skin and this gives it back the life it needs." in 1 review
Chloe S.
Chloe S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using Strobe Cream for years, I like to add this to my foundation for a more dewy/brightening appearance or on my cheekbones and nose after foundation/concealer routine. Sometimes I even use it on a bare face when I'm just running errands. It adds great dimension and makes my dry skin look luminescent and youthful. The closest thing I've found to Strobe Cream's formula is the Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector. It makes a good alternative! I will not be repurchasing Mac Strobe Cream and will resume using the Becca Shimmering Skin Protector.
Unfortunately, the politics and ethical agenda of MAC have dissuaded me from ever purchasing from their company again. Boycott the use of animal testing and bringing political beliefs into advertising and marketing.
Tian L.
Tian L.
The idea behind strobe cream is actually based off of what Asian cosmetics brands call "volumers." It's been around for decades.

I received a few deluxe samples of Mac strobe cream and it is ok. But not great. First of all the price is way higher than the Asian brand alternatives it is based off of. The consistency of this cream is runny and watered down, so you have to use more product to get the results I want to see.

The way I like to use volumers is mixing it into my BB cream, 1:3 ratio. However because of the consistency of this product, it makes my BB cream runny too -___-

I will finish the samples but won't purchase. Sticking to the Etude House Volumer Nymph Aura #1 and #2. Ladies and gentlemen there are more options out there.
Michelle S.
Michelle S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
MAC's Strobe Cream is one of my favorite products for creating a natural, beautiful glow. My favorite way to use it is mixing it with my liquid foundation to get a "glow from within" effect. It can also be worn under or over foundation. Over foundation, it makes a great base for powder highlighter. I took a star off because my skin is quite oily, and I find this product to be too much during the summer when my skin is producing extra oil. If I could, I would have rated this product 4.5 stars.
cynthia s.
cynthia s.
Baton Rouge, LA
I like that this cream has a shimmer to it that is glowy not shimmery! It does well with my oily skin and really helps keep my foundation on all day. I am not a fan of cream highlighters, so I use it under my foundation not on top of it. It smells nice and is a good consistency for a cream product. Goes on smooth and evenly. I may purchase again after my 4 deluxe samples run out. Depends on my mood. I have used better primers that cost a whole lot less money. The strobe cream is not cheap.
Mackenzie M.
Mackenzie M.
Tacoma, WA
This is awesome! I mix this in with my foundation to give me more of a glow and it works very well. It is not glittery at all, which I love. Just gives a subtle glow to the skin. I would buy the smaller size to save some money. You can also put this on your skin like a primer before makeup. That also looks very pretty. I think this would be perfect for people with dry skin! I have normal skin, and it feels very hydrating!
Meagan H.
Meagan H.
EVANSVILLE, IN
Mac strobe cream is a perfect base to start with. This product can be used many ways , under make up as a base ( stated above , how I prefer to use this ) under neath your highlight & anywhere part of your face you want to being forward to catch light. This is a beautiful product with a beautiful texture . It is a bit on the pricey side , but it's totally worth it , a little goes a long way , you don't need much !
Xueying H.
Xueying H.
This is a great day moisturizer for the face. It has some illuminating elements to it so it's a perfect highlighter if you don't want to put on a separate one and it's perfect for making your face look dewey and fresh in the morning. The bottle looks small but it actually lasts for quite a long time (for me--3 or 4 months with me using it once a day in the morning).
Dominique M.
Dominique M.
Woodbridge, VA
Easily my favorite MAC product (tied w/ Fix+) I use this as a subtle highlight on my non-makeup days. It lasts all day, but does fade slightly but in the most natural pretty way. This gives a very youthful look to the skin when layered under foundation and gives the illusion of lit from within radiance. I find that this looks best set with makeup setting spray.
Ezinma O.
Ezinma O.
Brooklyn, NY
This is the BEST moisturizer for glowing skin. As an oily skin girl, I thought this would make me look like a grease ball but using it as a moisturizer under my primer during the winter months, it's proven to be wonderful. It leaves your skin moisturized without any shimmer. Pluz the one ounce size (travel size) is affordable at just 12 bucks!
Flynn M.
Flynn M.
Portland, OR
I have used so many highlighters (cream, powder, liquid), and this is the best by far! I got a sample of it with a MAC order and I fell in love. It gives you this gorgeous dewy glow but somehow doesn't make you look sweaty. It's definitely not sparkly or shimmery, which makes it look so natural. :) Grab a sample from MAC and try it out!
cathy k.
cathy k.
Is this product worth the money? How do you use this stuff?
Tracey D.
Tracey D.
Old Town, FL
Thinking about picking up the travel size. But it it good for dry skin? And what does it do for you?
Faith B.
Faith B.
San Antonio, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this have a shimmer to it?
Dana E.
Dana E.
Morganville, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a primer or a moisturizer?
Brinetta J.