BY MAC COSMETICS #3 in Lipstick

Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Three hues, three textures. The iconic product that made M∙A∙C famous. Specially packaged in purple featuring Selena's signature in lavender.

MAC Selena Lipstick Collection
  • "The collection is beautiful and captured the essence of the iconic Selena. The names of the shades are genius. The colors are gorgeous. Very creamy and comfortable on the lips" in 136 reviews
  • "I LOVE THE COLORS I WISH THEY WERE A PERMANENT PRODUCT I AM SO HAPPY THAT MAC TOOK THE TIME OUT TO MAKE THIS AND THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL " in 104 reviews
  • "I love the shades in this line. They are so long lasting and lol great the whole day." in 101 reviews
Gabrielle A.
Review for: Como La Flor, Dreaming of You, Amor Prohibido more...
Once I heard these Mac x Selena products were hitting the market, I had to have them because I had been a fan since childhood. I waited in line early in the morning to purchase these and I’m so glad I did. Dreaming of You is a deep wine color with a matte finish. I usually don’t prefer matte, but this sat beautifully on my lips without them looking dry. This color is pigmented and is a classic color. Como la Flor is a bright, vibrant red with an amplified finish. It is more sheer compared to Dreaming of You, but it is definitely buildable. It’s a shade perfect for spring/summer. Amor Prohibido is the perfect nude! Similar to Como la Flor, it’s finish is semi-sheet but still buildable. It’ll last on your lips for hours. It’s definitely my favorite out of the collection. The lippies have matte purple packaging with “Selena” written in glittery silver font on the bottom half of the lipstick tube. Very beautiful collection!
Ally R.
Review for: Como La Flor, Dreaming of You, Amor Prohibido more...
What can I say?!? It’s SELENA!!! I willingly called stores nearby and waited in line to get my hands on this collection. The nostalgia and love behind these products were enough to earn 5 stars alone. My favorite of the three is Amor Prohibido as it was a beautiful, every day color in my eyes that I could sweep on and wear around the office. Como la Flor and Dreaming of You I accentuated with a liner for a classy, elegant date night look. The only issue I personally noted was that the formula of Dreaming with You dried extremely quickly and if I forgot (or was to lazy) to exfoliate my lips prior to use I definitely noticed it throughout. Overall I wish they would re-release the entire collection or even expand upon it. I did everything I could to make it last-I even wore it on my wedding day.
Amanda D.
Columbus, OH
As a latina, I had a very emotional reaction to hearing that this collection was coming out. Selena was a true icon, and her look definitely shows through with these signiture colored lipsticks. They look great with my skin tone, and really make a girl stand out. Como La Flor is a beautiful, subtle red that looks great for everyday wear. And Dreaming of You is a beautiful dark shade that is bold and powerful. And all of these lipsticks come with the same quality, buttery texture, long wear, and delicious scent that MAC is known for. I've also bonded with some of my other latina friends over these beautiful lipsticks, and the fact that every latina and her mother went out and bought them as soon as they came out!
Britty M.
Review for: Como La Flor, Dreaming of You more...
While in the Bahamas, I found this at the MAC store they have at the Atlantis. I got 2 lipsticks even though I had only planned to buy one. I'm really disappointed in how the colors look on me. The Como La Flor is too bright and the Dreaming of You wasn't the type of red I was expecting. I love that I own them and will never wear them because I own more flattering shades, but it's a bummer. These are more for collection purposes which is fine but I had planned to wear Dreaming of You as my go to red lipstick. I think these were about $18 per lipstick. Glad that I own them regardless. RIP Selena!
abby b.
simi valley
Review for: Dreaming of You more...
I am Hispanic and I love Selena’s song and one of my favorite songs are dreaming of you so when I saw that Mac was dripping there Selena lipstick best believe I got mine I got all of them but my favorite was dreaming of you it is a nice color for my type of kinda morena skin. It was such a beautiful color you girls that are thinking about getting it don’t think about it twice it’s such a nice color, but also you can chose any color you would like m favorite is dreaming of you.
Alexander P.
Middlebury, VT
Review for: Amor Prohibido more...
The MAC Selena Lipsticks have to be some of my favorite lipsticks that I have used, which is why I wish they had been around for a lot longer than they were. I specifically tried the Amor Prohibido and Dreaming of You lipsticks, and loved them both. They were both very pigmented, and did not transfer easily. They both had a fairly creamy formulation, so they did not feel waxy or heavy at all. Even though both of them had a fairly matte finish, they did not feel very drying after all day wear. Really wish they would do another re-release.
Ariana P.
Lindenhurst, NY
When I first heard Mac was doing a Selena collection I was so excited. I'm Hispanic so this meant a lot. I knew I wanted some thing from this collection no matter what it was. Luckily for me, Amor Prohibido lipstick is so gorgeous. I'm a nude lipstick kind of girl and this was right up my alley. The formula is super creamy and glides on my lips so smoothly. The pigmentation is amazing and it wears beautifully. The packaging in Selena's signiture purple is stunning. It couldn't be any more perfect. I bought two of them. One to wear and one as a collectors item. MAC Selena Lipstick Collection
Caitlin W.
Brooklyn, NY
I have all of the Selena lipsticks. Theyre the same formula as other MAC creamsheen & matte lipsticks. They were limited edition though, so unlikely to be able to be found anymore, but they were a matte purple tube with Selena's signature & were named after three of her songs (amor prohibido, como la flor & dreaming of you). There was a pinky-brown nude, a red & a dark vampy berry, so there are similar colors in the MAC range.
Christal S.
St Clr Shores, MI
Review for: Amor Prohibido more...
I don’t know if there is enough time in the day to say how much I love this lipstick. MAC is a definite go-to for lipstick and I was SO excited when they announced the Selena line. This shade is a perfect warm toned rose and wears so nicely on the lips. Liquid lipsticks can be so drying and this gives me a nice satin finish that is almost a subtle matte. I love it and it’s definitely a staple in my makeup routine.
Brandi F.
Helotes, TX
Review for: Como La Flor, Dreaming of You, Amor Prohibido more...
As a young Latina woman I was so excited when this limited edition Selena collection was released. “Amor Prohibido” is a beautiful mauve nude/pink & is perfect for everyday wear. “Como La Flor” is a dazzling bright red that is perfect for sultry/girls night out looks!
Last but not least “Dreaming of You” is a gorgeous dark burgundy color with a matte finish, it has incredible stay & looks amazing all day long!
denise r.
Are the colors good for any skin tone?
Evelina W.
Hillsboro, OR
Why are there 4 shades shown here? Doesn't the collection contain only 3 shades? Thanks
Norma H.
Reedley, CA
I would like one to try it but not shure what color
Ginger P.
Decatur, AL
I'm looking for a lipstick that doesn't dry my lips out. Would this be a good one to try?
Brittany P.
Fort Worth, TX
Would these look good on darker skin tones?