8 colors available

BY MAC COSMETICS #20 in Eyeliner

Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on foolproof with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.

• Is this any good? And does it smudge easily? 8 Answers
  • If you had to choose 1 make up product for a whole year for one are...1 Answers
  • Is this worth the money? 5 Answers
Buy on ULTA
  • "It's very easy to apply." in 1 review
  • "The only thing I have an issue with is that I don't use it every day so it takes me awhile to use it up and it tends to dry out on me!" in 1 review
  • "They have a good selection of colors and this has all day staying power." in 1 review
  • "Best high end gel liner!!" in 1 review
  • "I also find that without a primer it does not stay on very long and gets smudged quite easily." in 1 review
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
MAPLE VALLEY, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Blacktrack
The one eye liner in my ICEbOX skinny makeup box that gets daily use is currently MAC's fluidline - Backtrack eye liner. I like to have control over my eye liner so I prefer this gel eyeliner over a pencil. I tend to select a different brush based on the look I am going for. If I had to pick one, my favorite brush right now with which to apply eyeliner is the Sigma E10 Small Eye Liner Brush. When I use this brush I feel like I have a great amount of control and can create the cleanest thin or thick lines. I like that the color is a matte black. Brush aside, I tend to use Blacktrack for tightlining and creating winded or cat eye looks. I also use it to clean up my lash line after I apply my fake lashes or when I'm due for an eye lash extension fill and lashes are not as full as I would like. The fluidline helps pull my lash game together, and fakes out the eye my lash extensions look fuller. The one word of caution I would add is the eye liner can transfer a bit during the day. This only seems to happen to me when I do not bake my under eye. This product goes on easily and even with regular use has lasted FOREVER. I will be purchasing more fluidline-blacktrack when I run out.
Erica S.
Erica S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you haven't tried MAC ProLongwear Fluidline gel then you are definitely not experiencing a true bold eye liner. It is such an good product to get an intensely bold, clean fluid line. It gives you the precision of a liquid liner but with extremely silky smooth ease. It doesnt smudge & lasts so long, plus dries quickly and is WATERPROOF. love that! It's also dermatologist & ophthalmologist tested so even those with sensitive skins shouldnt have any issues with these Fluidline Gels. They really are amazing and fool proof & no need to be intimiadted. You just need a liner brush. It's the easiest product to learn to do a winged or cateye with. I own a bunch of these but my favorite shade is Blitz & Glitz. Its black with gold pearl, so gorgeous. They are a bit pricey, $17 each but worth it 100%
Carissa D.
Carissa D.
New Haven, CT
I never thought there was a difference between dollar store makeup or name brand makeup.... Boy was I wrong. After stopping by the MAC counter in Macy's the other day I found my new Spring must have product. I was so convinced after the MAC worker did my makeup that I had no problem dropping $19 right then and there for an eyeliner that I have never used before. This stuff is amazing and very easy to use. Whether you are a beginner like me or an expert like my sister, this MAC long wear fluidline eye-liner gel is easy to work with and can be taken off really quick in case of a mistake. This little tub holds a lot of the gel so I would say that it would last at least 2-3 months. So at the price they charge it's actually a phenomenal deal! I'll never go back to dollar store makeup again
Natalie H.
Natalie H.
Ona, WV
Review for: Silverstroke
I am so picky with my eyeliner. One side is always thicker than the other or not as dark because the way that pencils wear down as you use them. Sharpening in between each eye wastes A LOT of your pencil, and let's be honest, makeup isn't cheap! I love the fluid liner paired with the angled eyeliner brush! You dab a little on and can get the perfect matching lines on each eye. It stays on all day and doesn't smear at all! It also comes of pretty easy with makeup remover! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because after time it does start to dry out. I always close my kid tight and keep it in a ziplock Baggie. If it starts to dry out you can easily wet your liner brush before dipping it in the liner pot!
Rita Numan
Rita Numan
Ann Arbor, MI
Review for: Blacktrack
I have been using this product for years! it is beautiful! super simple to apply with the right brush! it really stays on! and it doesn't clump like other gel liners. I am only giving it a 4 star because i had one that lasted me a while but when I had to buy a new one it was defective and dried out fast! My fault, however i do believe if i took it back i could have received a replacement. Currently tried several other liners to replace (since i use Sephora exclusively now)... sadly they all fall short so i will be heading to MAC to make another purchase!
Massiel B.
Massiel B.
Doral, FL
This is such a great eyeliner. I used to only buy pencil eyeliners because the thought of using a gel liner was just too scary. I was given a gel liner by a different company for my birthday, and although I liked how it looked, it just didn't last. I started looking around on Amazon and found this eyeliner which received wonderful reviews, and decided to give it a try. I am SO happy I did. It is so smooth, dries quickly, and lasts all day long. I even played a game of tennis wearing this eyeliner and it was completely intact when I was done.
Lindsey A.
Lindsey A.
The Colony, TX
Review for: Blacktrack
I am an athlete and coach that will trade her training shoes in for stilettos. This eye liner will last through it all if it needs to. During the day a clean look can quickly be applied to have a dramatic effect by night. Very smooth application and the color is potent. For a more skilled applicant, it can be build-able if you so choose. It is all about the brush you are using for application. I have been using my current product for over a year now. You do have to be very diligent about closing the container tight so it does not dry out.
Sarah S.
Sarah S.
Fremont, CA
Review for: Blacktrack
This is my go to liner. I'm one of those people that can not use the felt tip pens or liquid liner so this gel is excellent. It's so easy to use, it just glides on. I've been using gel liner for about 10 years now and have tried many other brands but this one is my favorite. It lasts a long time but if not stored properly can dry out fast. I find with this one I can use any brush and it still works well, unlike some other brands. If you are a gel liner type of person and you haven't tried this yet I highly recommend you do.
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Review for: Blacktrack
I have tried many and I mean MANY gel liners from high-end to low-end and fluidline has to be my all time favorite. My first gel liner was fluidline and after I finished my first jar I wanted to try other brands. Boy~ was that a mistake. I didn't realize how amazing it was until I started shopping around for other gel liners. This product lasted all day and barely smudged even on a hot summer day. A little goes a long way and the pot didn't dry up on me even when I accidentally forgot to fully close it one day.
morgan P.
morgan P.
Cleburne, TX
Review for: Blacktrack
I wear eyeliner everyday... literally... and this was my first gel liner product I ever bought. Now I have tried many different ones since then and it is still at the top of my list. Now like any gel liner you have to be careful about it drying out. I had mine for 2 months before I had to add a serum to it. Just make sure that after you dip in your brush that you put the lid on it right away to avoid it drying faster! And also be careful of smudging it's not waterproof so be careful bout itching your eye.
Suhaylah A.
Suhaylah A.
Does it last all day?
Jordan V.
Jordan V.
Is this any good? And does it smudge easily?
Darienne T.
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
Is this better than e.l.f
Lashana R.
Lashana R.
Miami,FL
How do this eyeliner compares to other gel eyeliners?
Natasha V.
Natasha V.
Filey, England
Is this worth the money?