BY MAC COSMETICS #58 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal color that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin.

• does this translucent powder have a white flash back in pictures?...2 Answers
  • I am trying to find the best powder to set my "very" oil skin. Is...2 Answers
  • Does this leave any flash back? How does it compare to other tran...1 Answers
Meah S.
Meah S.
Chalmette, LA
Review for: Colour Ready
I have Oily.. Oily.. Oily skin. My skin is also very sensitive. I used this product over concealer and all over before I put powder on and after. I do get a slight shine but I have really oily skin and I can deal with that. I also used it with tarte bb cream and shiseido Pureness mattifying powder! I felt much more confident about my skin. I did see slight shine but NOTHING compared to before using this product! If you have extremely oily skin this may help more than most products. Hope this helps.
Sarah R.
Sarah R.
Clearwater, FL
Review for: Colour Ready
I loved this finishing powder, I even use it if I'm in a pinch and forgot my dry shampoo. Totally random but it gets the job done. The only draw back I have with this product is when I'm photographed wearing it at night with a flash, it makes my face appear much paler than I am. I'm assuming this is a result of talc in the powder. Despite that I still love the powder, it has such a smooth finish and helps set my make up all day.
Courtney B.
Courtney B.
Review for: Colour Ready
I use this setting powder on top of my BB cream and concealer to keep everything set all day long. It gives you a beautiful matte finish. However, it's important to only use a tiny little bit. Occasionally I'll put what I think is a small amount on, and then mid-way through the day I'll realize that my face is looking a little chalky white in spots.
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
Van Nuys , CA
Review for: Colour Ready
This is by far my favorite translucent powder. I have gone through countless of these in both the loose and pressed. The reason I love this powder is because it does a lovely job of setting makeup but is not drying. Other translucent powders tend to dry out my skin and look heavy but never this one!! I will continue to purchase again and again.
Aly F.
Aly F.
This is one of my makeup bag staples. I use it after I apply foundation/concealer for a matte look. It also helps my makeup stay on longer. The container comes with a lot of powder - I have had mine for a year now and still have some left. I also have super sensitive skin and it does not irritate it. I will definitely buy this again.
Cayanne M.
Cayanne M.
Calabasas, CA
Review for: Colour Ready
Transparen't finishing powder is a necessity in the summer for me- keeps my foundation from being ruined by sweat because it sets it all. I love this powder by MAC and it's definitely effective, but a bit on the pricier side which has sent me looking for a less expensive alternative. If you can though, it's worth the splurge.
Nikki T.
Nikki T.
Lincoln, NE
Review for: Colour Ready
I love this finishing powder as it is translucent and adds a little glow to my skin. I have to drive an hour to get to a MAC store unless I want to order online, but usually I don't want to wait. While the product is great, it can get pretty pricey. I would purchase again if I could not find a cheaper alternative.
Tammy A.
Tammy A.
Review for: Colour Ready
Now I have nothing to compare this to as I have not tried others but I love this. Keeps us matte but not powdery for a long time .... I use it day and night.... I don't really get flash back at night with it because I use my bronzes to warm up my face as well. Sets my makeup like a dream.
tina p.
tina p.
Waycross, GA
Review for: Colour Ready
This is the only powder I ever buy anymore. I have bought this probably 6 times and still love it. As long as you have a light hand and don't try to cake it on, it doesn't crease or cake. Stays light, stays put. Does exactly what you always hoped other powders would do
Patricia W.
Patricia W.
North Liberty, IA
Review for: Colour Ready
Best powder in the market! It absorbs the oil of the sin by just sinking into it. It leaves my face matte but still gives life to my makeup. I have dark skin and was afraid it would leave a white residue on my face but that was not the case at all. I really like it!
Jillian H.
Jillian H.
Lake Worth, FL
What is the order this should be used? After liquid foundation and powder are applied?
Kyra K.
Kyra K.
Does this product leave a white cast? Or make you look like a ghost with flash pictures?
Katie
Katie
Sydney, Australia
I am trying to find the best powder to set my "very" oil skin. Is this product good to keep the face matte for the whole day? If not, any suggestions?
Eva K.
Eva K.
Jacksonville, FL
How does this compare to Laura Mercier translucent powder?
emily b.
emily b.
does this translucent powder have a white flash back in pictures? i love the rcma no color powder but i love trying new products!