BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
Katy E.
Durham, NC
Absolute makeup staple. It can be used as a primer, finishing spray, to wet your brushes, and even as a basic hydrating mist. The formula is amazing, the only thing I don't love is the bottle. The packaging is sleek but the nozzle disperses the product too harshly and can kind of hit you in the face, and once you get down to the last few remnants of product the nozzle will squirt out harsh droplets. Total makeup necessity, just not perfect packaging.
Nikki S.
I actually use this to wet my brush if I need a more intense application of eyeshadow, and it works wonderfully! Depending on the intensity you are looking for, you may either finely mist the brush in order to get the brush slightly wet, or saturate it in order to get a more bold amount of color on your brush. This also works well to help set makeup!
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
I love this spray more as a fixer than a setting spray. It works wonders when you apply too much powder or blush.

You can also use it too touch up during the day and make your face look more refreshed.

It smells great and feels really light and refreshing on the skin. It is pricey and I have found that to be the biggest downfall as I can't always convince myself to repurchase.
Natasha G.
South ozone park , NY
First off the scent. I can't stop spraying this sometimes, I love the way it smells. Very fresh soft smell. The bottle mist out a perfect amount to cover my face unlike others where I have to spray a few times not cause I like it but only to set my entire face. The finish it leaves differently depends on the way u applied your makeup and how your skin is of course but I have a combination skin with a routine that looks in between matte and oily. After I apply the spray it just makes all the difference with the glow of my skin.
Cierra M.
Kinda pricey but definitely work for me wonderful spf protection as well as wonderful finishing mist pro is it leaves your skin naturally smooth looking giving your makeup a even finish I definitely recommend this to anyone and all of my friends it give your makeup a natural skin effect THANKS M.A.C
Lisa K.
Hugo, MN
I love this Prep & Prime Fix+.  I've used it for years, though not as it's fully intended.  I keep a bottle in my pool bag for when I'm laying out, it makes a nice refresher for my skin.  I use it wet eye shadow for a more dramatic effect and  I use it to prep & prime before applying foundation.  Only occasionally do I use it to set my makeup. I have in the past, it's just not a step I often do with any product.
Destiny M.
Gettysburg, PA
I have other setting sprays that I use, but as far as this product, I use it mostly for wetting my brushes for glitter and pigments. It really makes them pop on my eyes or lips. I highly recommend this product! The only con I have is MAC tests on animals and I tend to prefer products and companies that don’t test on animals.
Daquan F.
There is nothing like it! This is my fourth bottle! I also have the urban decay one, but I like this better. If I really want my makeup to stay on, I will dab some of this spray on my eyelids before applying eyeshadow. I have tried so many eye primers, but none of them hold my eyeshadow like this spray does! The scent is lighter and not as strong. I can't stand the smell of the NYX or E.L.F or Urban Decay setting sprays; they smell awful. This does take about a minute to dry. If I am in a hurry, I put my face near a fan to quicken the process. Warning: if you already applied mascara, sometimes it makes it come off on your skin because of how wet it is. To avoid that problem I either spray it on before mascara or I spray it sparingly after mascara. If my face looks too powdery, I spray this one as a last effort to make the look more dewy. I would recommend it to every beauty novice. It is one of my favorite products out of ALL of my makeup and I use it everyday.
Karyn T.
San Diego , CA
This has to be my favorite setting spray, I always feel as if my makeup isn't complete until I spritz it on! During the summer time I keep this in the refrigerator to keep it nice and cool, I've also used it to enhance the color of my powder eye shadows.

The price point is pretty average comparing it to other set in sprays.
Alexa C.
Clermont, FL
Truth be told, I'm not the biggest fan of this product. I have oily skin and I feel products like these make my skin even more oily. I purchased the Fix+ On the Go size to try it out and I wasn't wowed by it like everyone else is. It didn't do anything to make my makeup last longer and it made me face feel sloppy if that makes sense. Maybe I'm not using it the correct way and if I am please let me know because I'm really wanting to love this product!
Erin B.
Does this help control oily skin?
Diann D.
Ajax
Is truth that it keep your makeup in place??
Daniella G.
Homestead, FL
I have oily skin. Some oily girl or boy can tell me if this would work for me? Please, I'm dying to try this out.
karina d.
Is this really worth the money? I heard it doesn't make the makeup last longer so what does ist do?
Joseph R.
Huntington Beach, CA
Is this primer fix, would make your foundation cakey?