Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (311)
Anteria B.
Anteria B.

As for the formula, it's a standard, but good, alcohol-free toner for normal to dry or slightly oily skin that contains a nice mix of antioxidants and anti-irritants. Bonus: Unlike some makeup setting sprays, Fix + doesn't contain film-forming agents or hairspray-like ingredients—and that’s a good thing due to their potential to irritate skin. If you’re in the market for a “makeup refreshing spray”, Fix+ is certainly one to consider—it does contain fragrance, but the amount is minor and shouldn’t be an issue for most.

Chelsea N.
Chelsea N.
Whitby, Ontario

This setting spray is absolutely amazing! I use it as a primer and a setting spray. I also use this when I apply my serums and moisturizers at night to hold in all that good stuff overnight! Just one or two sprays works for me. I've had my first bottle since June 2015 and to this day, may 2016, I still have a ton! It is about $35 I believe but a little goes a long way. I bought this at the bay, at the Mac counter. I also got the limited edition smell, coconut! Smell doesn't last forever but it's a nice light fragrant!
Taylor R.
Taylor R.
Snellville, GA

This spray is awesome. A lot of people get mixed up & think think this is a setting spray, when it's just a finishing spray. It takes away all cake-y/powder-y-ness on your face from your makeup and makes everything sort of like one layer and look just like skin. A lot of my friends use it to make their eyeshadow more pigmented by spraying their brush but I use it to make my highlight more pigmented! I think elf has a dupe for this with the exact same ingredients. It's rated a 4 instead of 5 because of the high cost.
Zarina Z.
Zarina Z.
Glendale, AZ

I love this stuff!!!! I use this as a skin refresher prior to makeup application to hydrate my face. I also use this as a spray after makeup to melt the powders onto my face and make it look more skin like. I don't believe using this as a setting spray prolongs the wear of your makeup like the skindinavia setting spray does, but it sets all your powders and makes the face look flawless. I also use this to wet ny eye brushes when working with pigments. honestly, this is one stray I have repurchased many times before
Skylar R.
Skylar R.
Saint Cloud, MN

Definitely one of my favorite sprays! I wouldn't say it makes my makeup stay twice as long or anything (I use the urban decay setting spray for that) however Mac Fix+ is amazing for making powders not look like powders. I have extremely dry skin but love my powders. unfortunately powders can look very dry on my skin. this spray helps make everything look smooth and not dry! t also helps intensify the color of shadows if you spray the eyeshadow brush you're using! absolutely love doing this for shimmery eyeshadows.
Meredith S.
Meredith S.
Berkley, MI

Hands down one of the best setting sprays on the market. I've tried MANY in my career and this one leaves the skin feeling fresh, not greasy, not drying. It also has a very refreshing scent to it which has not irritated my skin. Super sensitive skin people - beware. I also like to spray some on my foundation brush before I blend my foundation on my face for a longer lasting look and dewiness. I have dry skin, so it leaves a really nice subtle sheen to my skin. I keep this in my kit and in my personal beauty stash!
Brittany M.
Brittany M.
Washington, GA

I love this product because it can be used for more than one thing. Setting, refreshing, and intensifying your makeup. I use this after my powder, and it basically melts the powder into my skin making my ski. look smooth and flawless. No more problems with the powdery look. I also like spray a little on my brushes before applying powdered products. This really helps intensify eyeahdows if your looking for an extra pop. And it makes your highlight shine SO incredibly bright. Fantastic product and worth the price.
Hailey R.
Hailey R.
Virginia Beach, VA

I swear by this stuff! Bought a travel size to try it out and went through it rather quickly. I had a few days without it while the full size was shipped and man did I notice the difference in my eye looks! This stuff is just as great as people say in YouTube videos. I personally use it for eyeshadow application, I dampen my beauty blender with it and dab it overtop of my highlight to make it "sink in" to the skin (Nicole G. Tip) and also as a setting spray! Already half way through my first full size bottle!
Brittany W.
Brittany W.

What I consider the OG finishing spray, Mac's Fix+ should be in everyone's makeup kit. The glycerine in the product really does a great job removing any powderiness if you've gone overboard and it's my go-to when applying a foiled eyeshadow (just get the brush a bit damp after adding the shadow/pigment and watch the transformation!) I find that it doesn't necessarily make your makeup last longer, and it certainly doesn't control oil, but if you want your highlight to be seen from space, this is your product!
Kelly V.
Kelly V.
Edison, NJ

Although I really like this product, I don't necessarily find that it's worth the money. It actually is not a setting spray, more of a finishing spray actually. I feel as though It can be replaced with a few other products that quite honestly in my opinion do just as well of a job. One of those is the elf Makeup Mist & Set and it's a fraction of the price. If you want a setting spray that is going to literally set your face and increase the longevity of your makeup I would try the Makeup Forever Mist & Fix.
Lorena J.
Lorena J.

Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
Nicolette M.
Nicolette M.
Grand Rapids, MI

Is this the best setting spray out there? Or is there a comparable one that costs less money?
F H.
F H.

mac prep and primehighlighter suppose to be watery consistance??
Michele M.