BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Reviews on the MAC Prep + Prime Fix+? A little late to the game, ...7 Answers
  • Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Buy on Nordstrom*
Lauren J.
I've been debating about trying this product for a while. I was using the Urban Decay all nighter setting spray, prior. My coworker told me about how she really liked this one. So, I tried it and I do like it a lot. I've been using the travel size, which has lasted me about 2 months..maybe a little bit longer. I eventually plan on upgrading to the full size.
Holly S.
It’s used to hydrate and soothe the face before makeup application or as a makeup finisher. With each spritz you are adding vitamins and minerals to your face which applies a soft, subtle sheen. This helps to get rid of that cakey look we can get when we use a lot of powders. Also another known way to use Fix+ is to spritz your eyeshadow brushes to enhance pigments and shadows. I see how people can confuse it for being a setting spray though. It can help to make your makeup last longer if you use it correctly which is as a primer before you apply your foundation. A great way to optimize its usage would be to apply it before your usual primer to ensure a flawless and lasting look.
Maddie N.
Princeton Jct, NJ
If this is not the holy grail of primer/setting sprays, I would like to see one that is better than this one.  I have oily and acne-prone skin so I always want a primer and setting spray that will actually make my makeup stay on.

I have trouble around my nose, my foundation never seems to want to stay around my nose no matter what I do - until I changed to mac prep and prime.  Now, I have no issues with my makeup sliding.

I honestly believe that any skin type can use this product however it can be a bit heavy for a setting spray but the moment you spray this on your face you know that your making is not budging.
Vane G.
Hialeah, FL
I use this prep + prime
fix+ spray several ways, and its perfect for anyone with dry skin. Its helps
keep your make up set all day without making anything look oily or cakey.
Sometimes I spritz it over my face before applying foundation or as a finishing
setting spray after my make up all done, or use it on the beauty blender to wet
it. Other times I use it to wet my eye shadow brush to look a litter more
intense. I like how it smells, and the bottle lasts me a few months.
Amber K.
Walhonding, OH
Can I just say that I hate setting spray? I've tried all kinds, from drugstore brands like Milani and Wet N Wild on up to the more expensive brands. Every single setting spray I've tried (except for MAC's) has caused my makeup to curdle. Matte setting sprays make my skin feel dry and cakey, dewy sprays make my skin horribly shiny and greasy looking. I have a lot more trouble with creasing and makeup settling into pores when I use a setting spray.

MAC's setting spray, however, works pretty well. It helps give me a smoother finish and my makeup does seem to have better staying power on days when the humidity is high or there is some other issue that would cause slippage. For the most part, I go without setting spray but MAC's Prep + Prime Fix + is good insurance for those days that might otherwise end up in wrecked makeup.
Brandy A.
Carencro, LA
Bought the travel size for $12. I have watched so many YouTube videos of people loving this product so I couldn't wait to try it. I have very dry skin as well as rosacea, so I'm always looking for something that will hydrate my skin and make my makeup look flawless. After using this stuff quite a few times, I honestly don't see what the hype is all about. It didn't make my skin feel hydrated, it didn't make my skin look "flawless" or more "skin like" i was very disappointed. I'm so glad that I bought the travel size cuz this stuff isn't cheap! It made my makeup stay on but that was about it
Sonya K.
Bella Vista, CA
Time to buy more again! One of my favorite cosmetic items, MAC Fix+ is great for hydrating the skin, revitalizing your tired face, prepping the skin for makeup, and even makeup setting once you're finished! It's an all-in-one wonder that I always carry with me when traveling. Amazing for a pick me up, necessary for quick makeovers while carrying very little product!
Sheena D.
Lisbon, CT
I am so obsessed with this! It was my first MAC purchase and I've bought a few already to ensure I don't run out! I find that it's an amazing spray, great to prime by spraying before makeup and when makeup is done it's fantastic for setting makeup, making sure everything stays put but also that you aren't cakey looking. I have worn makeup all day and when using this I find my makeup stays on amazing. Also I love using this to spray my eyeshadow brush to help eyeshadow look more pigmented or especially great to give a more metallic look. I can't rave enough about this stuff! In my photo I have the full size original and the travel size coconut scented one (which I also love!)
Laura T.
Excellent setting spray. I use a different primer, but I've sampled so many different setting sprays. This is my favorite so far, I've already purchased a second one. The nozzle is great and sprays in a nice fine mist. The product has a soft scent, a nice scent. This melts my makeup into my face and holds it in place all day without that sticky feeling other sprays I've tried have. It's hard to explain what this product does for my makeup, but my routine doesn't look complete until I use this
Bridgette P.
Tampa, FL
MAC Prep Fix+ is by far one of my favorite mist primers of them all!! I honestly cannot live without it! Unfortunately I have problem skin, but I don't have to worry when I have my Prep Fix+ on hand. I use it before I apply my makeup, after, and I even apply it to my beauty blender when applying my foundation! It keeps my makeup fully in tact all day and helps keep my skin from looking oily and shiny! I'm open to trying other mist primers but this is forsure one I will always go back to no matter what!
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.