BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Reviews (12095)
Nicole M.
New Phila, OH
This product is not suitable for oily skin. I myself have an oily t zone, and when I used this as a setting spray it made my skin feel super greasy. I then tried as a primer , and set with matte foundation and powder, and it still made my skin look super oily. This works great as a mixing medium, but not great for anyone with oily skin wanting to use this to prime or set their makeup.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
This is always mentioned for a reason. Great setting spray.
I will continue to repurchase this forever.
Wonderful for foiling eyeshadows.
A few spritzes after work & blended with a Beauty blender makes foundation look fresh again.
If you powder to heavily or have to bake a few sprays of this little miracle worker & your makeup looks great again.
I wish they sold this in a bigger bottle.
Autumn M.
Zephyrhills, FL
I have used a lot of setting sprays and things similar to this product and although I do think this helps a lot with enhancing shadows to make them more vibrant and to help the powders sit nicely on the face, it's not worth the price tag. It's very comparable to the NYX setting spray, and o truly can't see a difference. My favorite setting spray/Primer is the Smashbox Primer Water because that does all of the above plus hydrates my skin plus makes my makeup lady so much longer. That I can see paying a pretty penny for, but not this.
NISSA R.
This gives life to my face! I have dry skin this is my cheaper alternative to the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin mist and I am very happy with the quality and price of the item from MAC. Fix plus is great for dry skin as prep, prime or a mist to freshen up old makeup, or a mist on eyeshadow to give it more pigment and help it last longer. Love love love this is now a staple in my collection.
Lyndsay S.
Westbrook, ME
This stuff is THE BEST at making all of the layers of different product (foundation, concealer, powder, blush, any contour you may do) blend into one flawless 'layer' for a non cakey look! I only wish I had purchased my fix+ back when they had rose or coconut scented versions. I'm not sure if there is any difference in the older fix+ and this prep+prime fix+. It's even nice to mist on your bare face for hydration
Jessica D.
I use this to enftincesfy my shadow and it works miracles. It looks like water but it's magic in a bottle. It can also be used for setting spray and when used as setting spray its great. Long lasting and nice on skin although I must admit I use Urban decay All Nighter setting spray to set my makeup this is a great alternative and is a amazing product. I highly recommend this product.
Natalie R.
West covina, CA
This facial mist is the best one out there in my opinion of course. there are many setting sprays out there. BUT this one is the best because it actually helps my face powder melt into my skin. Makes my makeup look flawless, even when touching up I use this and it makes my skin look glowy. Now there are many facial mist that sit on top of your face and make your makeup stay wet and sometimes makes you look oily. ( I have oily skin ) this one does not do that it actually melts into your skin / makeup. I LOVE THIS STUFF
Kari D.
I've been really skeptical of mac fix+ and that it would be much different than just my UD song powder. But it really seems to take away the powdery finish and make me look dewy-er (new word lol). I spray this then my setting spray and my makeup looks flawless! I definitely recommend. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the spray, I may see if I can pour it into a different spray bottle.
Tatyana W.
Mesquite, TX
This is a very pricey if your cheap like me lol but worth it my makeup stays in place with this bad guy. I started with this my freshman year up to now my junior year it keeps my makeup in place all day throughout school not to mention my dance practice also in the summer i have oily skin so it could get a little oily but a lil powder will do the trick otherwise this is great
Nykira S.
Evans
This spray is the BOMB.COM! I use it for literally everything: before putting my makeup on, after putting my makeup on and every time I need refreshing. It makes my foundation blend easier when I apply it and subsequently allows all other makeup I add to blend together smoothly as well. It also makes my makeup look super dewy when sprayed after makeup application. Overall, it is a great product for achieving that natural glow. I will FOR SURE be buying this product again in the future and suggest others do the same!
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.