BY MAC COSMETICS #1 in Face Primer

• Reviews on the MAC Prep + Prime Fix+? A little late to the game, ...7 Answers
  • Is it silicone based?2 Answers
Reviews (12071)
Zeta L.
I have tried every single fixing spray there is. Always come back to the Mac Prep + Prime Fix.  No other fix spray can leave makeup looking good and stay in place like mac.  If you use the spray on a brush you pick up more eyeshadow product that would have been to light. They only downfall to this product maybe is if you spray to much on your face you need to buff it out again.  Love this product so much. I always run out before I can get a change to buy again us something els and than regrets it the entire day.
Ainsley U.
Jacksonville, FL
MAC Fix+ is one of the best skin products I've ever used! Not only is it an amazing primer, but it works great as a setting spray over your foundation to give it a dewy look! It eliminates pores and dry spots. Another thing to use it for is wetting your brushes to increase the pigmentation of shadows, highlighters, etc. Really refreshing, no weird smell or anything. It's really worth spending $22. MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
Shawne D.
Winter Garden, FL
OMG this stuff is magic! You can use it before you apply your makeup for extra hydration, you can spray it on top of your setting powder to help your makeup blend together and melt into your skin so it doesn't look so powdery, and it's most famous use: wetting your brush to make shimmery eyeshadow look foiled. Unfortunately MAC is not cruelty free and I've recently gone cruelty free with my makeup so I won't be repurchasing and am still looking for a dupe before this bottle runs out. But if you don't care about that, then I would definitely recommend this product!
Nicole M.
New Phila, OH
This product is not suitable for oily skin. I myself have an oily t zone, and when I used this as a setting spray it made my skin feel super greasy. I then tried as a primer , and set with matte foundation and powder, and it still made my skin look super oily. This works great as a mixing medium, but not great for anyone with oily skin wanting to use this to prime or set their makeup.
Autumn M.
Zephyrhills, FL
I have used a lot of setting sprays and things similar to this product and although I do think this helps a lot with enhancing shadows to make them more vibrant and to help the powders sit nicely on the face, it's not worth the price tag. It's very comparable to the NYX setting spray, and o truly can't see a difference. My favorite setting spray/Primer is the Smashbox Primer Water because that does all of the above plus hydrates my skin plus makes my makeup lady so much longer. That I can see paying a pretty penny for, but not this.
Luz A.
Waukegan, IL
This is just an amazing product! I had been putting it off for a LONG time but OMG I'm so glad I purchased it! Wouldn't mind spending my money on this... It works best for combination skin, it gives a small glow to the face.. nothing major.. I definitely recommend this product to everyone! And to be honest, it's not that expensive... leaves the skin looking beautiful and very natural!
Victoria G.
An absolute staple for your makeup kit/collection. There are SO many eyeshadows nowadays that look so beautiful in the pan, but translate poorly into the lid... this fixes that! It definitely makes a difference with face AND eye makeup. If you aren't sure about buying the full size bottle, they have a mini size for $10, it still gives you enough to use frequently to see if you love it or not.
Karen W.
Louisville, KY
This is always mentioned for a reason. Great setting spray.
I will continue to repurchase this forever.
Wonderful for foiling eyeshadows.
A few spritzes after work & blended with a Beauty blender makes foundation look fresh again.
If you powder to heavily or have to bake a few sprays of this little miracle worker & your makeup looks great again.
I wish they sold this in a bigger bottle.
NISSA R.
This gives life to my face! I have dry skin this is my cheaper alternative to the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin mist and I am very happy with the quality and price of the item from MAC. Fix plus is great for dry skin as prep, prime or a mist to freshen up old makeup, or a mist on eyeshadow to give it more pigment and help it last longer. Love love love this is now a staple in my collection.
Natalie R.
West covina, CA
This facial mist is the best one out there in my opinion of course. there are many setting sprays out there. BUT this one is the best because it actually helps my face powder melt into my skin. Makes my makeup look flawless, even when touching up I use this and it makes my skin look glowy. Now there are many facial mist that sit on top of your face and make your makeup stay wet and sometimes makes you look oily. ( I have oily skin ) this one does not do that it actually melts into your skin / makeup. I LOVE THIS STUFF
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.