Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (389)
Avani P.
Avani P.

I absolutely love this spray. I have combination and blemished skin. Any excess of products or overly thick foundations immediately give me cake face, layering certain products gives my skin a weird texture. I've tried all kinds of setting powders and sprays. This spray in combination with the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder does wonders. It meshes in the layers of products on my face, I use as little layers as possible, but this helps combine the contour, highlight, the concealer and foundation to look like it's one single layer. I love the finish it gives me. Sometimes my skin is extra oily in areas and that's what the Laura Mercier powder helps tame better. I've repurchased and repurchased this product. No regrets at all.
Joahn D.
Joahn D.
Galloway, NJ

Wow I really did not expect to fall in love with this product the way I did. I saw so many people on YouTube talking about this spray, and I didn't believe it was worth the hype. Boy was I wrong. I really thought it was just water in a bottle, thinking I could make my own at home. When I gave in and bought this product it was amazing. My makeup did not smear off onto my clothes like it normally does, and it did not budge. My makeup looked so even and smooth, very air brushes. I spray it on my bare face and add a moisturizer and primer since I have very dry skin. Do not use it alone always add moisturizers see. This is a must have in my makeup bag, it makes a major difference. Love love love this product, I can not get enough.
Ali F.
Ali F.

I purchased this from a MAC store in Vegas because the dry desert heat was bothering my usually oily skin. However, I mostly bought it because I was attending a wedding and did the bride's makeup -- I wanted to set it really well for her! took off one star because when i used it on myself as a primer, I broke out a little bit. However, when I used it on myself and the bride to set our makeup, it worked really well! Her makeup lasted through all the usual wedding events and looked superb and not too shiny in photographs. I've found, in general, that I prefer using it as a setting spray rather than a primer. Not sure I will buy it again (only because I want to try something else), but it's served me well for the bottle I have.
Kelsie C.
Kelsie C.

OK, so this is seriously one of the best products that Mac has created. I use this after I finish my makeup to add moisture back into my skin since it's sometimes have a powdery look from all of the setting powders etc. and then I press my makeup in with a sponge which leaves it airbrushed and flawless. This also works great on my highlight brush with really getting the product to show on my skin. I know that there are multiple uses for this but that is how I use it. I recently ran out and poured my elf mist and set spray into the fix plus spray bottle and let me just say that it is a great inexpensive dupe. I love the fix plus but for what I want done, I don't mind going to ELF instead. Not to mention it is only $5!
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Chatham, Ontario

I do a lot of YouTube surfing to watch makeup videos. I watched one where someone used this Mac skin setting spray. she talked about how great it was and how awesome it smelled.
she sold me on it. I ended up purchasing it for way more than I should have and I was disappointed. when I used it it almost made my skin feel sticky and I only used about 3 sprays and sprayed far enough from my face. but it just didn't have a good consistency.
the one thing I did like about it was the smell. it smells amazing!
I don't think I'd ever purchase this again. and I didn't do my research before hand and realized they test on animals which I don't entirely agree with.
some people love this stuff, but for me I'd say it's a no go.
Courtney V.
Courtney V.
Sewickley, PA

So, I put off buying this because I figured it was just a ploy to get me to spend $23 bucks... but you guys, I'm so sad I didn't get it sooner! I have combination skin, that leans more towards dry. This has been heavenly on my skin, it feels refreshing when applying it, and I really enjoy the smell too. I've noticed a significant difference in my makeup from the way it looks (10X smoother and flawless!) and in how long my makeup lasts before I look like I need a touch up. I can make it all day and still look nearly flawless with this stuff. Amazing. And, even if you spray a lot each day, I swear it never goes away. $23 bucks well spent for a bottle that lasts forever and makes you look airbrushed. BUY THIS!
Alena H.
Alena H.

I bought this because it was raved about everywhere on social media. I use it to increase pigmentation on eyeshadows or to make a pigment super intense (spray it on the brush before applying). But my favorite use is spraying it all over my face after I'm done with my foundation and powder products. I have dry/combination skin, so it helps relieve an overly dry look from the skin but doesn't make it look too dewy or oily. Also, I know it's not a setting spray, but I find it does help my makeup stay in place, and most definantely helps it transfer less, because it makes it settle into the skin better. I love Fix+ so much! Never used to want to spend over 20$ on a spray but it's become one of my must haves.
Kitija R.
Kitija R.

This product is honestly my holy grail! At first I didnt know what it could be used for since I'm a self-taught makeup artist. I bought just because its 'MAC'. But as time went on I learned the use of this product! I feel like this product really locks my makeup in and makes it last throughout the day and does not budge or move! I also love the way it enhances the pigment of any highlighter or any pearly eyeshadow! Also great for using with pigments! I honestly love this product and I cannot go a day without putting it on my face when I've finished my makeup! Just feel like it gives me a flawless finish and sinks the makeup in my skin leaving it to look natural and not cakey! Awesome awesome awesome! 😍
River F.
River F.
Honesdale, PA

I'm very very picky with my setting sprays and primers. I've gone through so many I've lost track. but I can honestly say I think I finally found the holy grail of setting sprays. I use it as a primer firsy, then sp Ray my beauty blender with it enough to moisten it then apply my foundation with it, then too it all off with anothee spray to set it. and let me tell you this stuff helps my makeup stay like none other. I'm a waitress who works long hours so I need my makeup to stay as long as possible. it doesn't make my skin oily which is also a huge plus. I love love love this spray. it works great for my sesitove skin as well, never causing blemishes or acne. this is the perfect setting spray!
Léa-Jeanne T.
Léa-Jeanne T.

So I've heard mixed reviews about this product, I would not say that it is a primer so i think that may be why there are some bad reviews, i absolutely love this product and when i have ran out i will be purchasing it again. It is a little pricey for £18 a bottle but it has lasted me a few months so i think that it is worth it.

I usually spray this onto my beauty blender before using it, when its mixed with foundation it gives a nice smooth finish - I also use it to set my make up once i am finished. When using powder I feel like that product really helps to reduce the 'powdery' look that i sometimes get when using various powders.

I would definitely recommend this product
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, ny

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.