Add a Photo

#1 in Face Primer

Photos (445)
Kelsie C.
Kelsie C.

OK, so this is seriously one of the best products that Mac has created. I use this after I finish my makeup to add moisture back into my skin since it's sometimes have a powdery look from all of the setting powders etc. and then I press my makeup in with a sponge which leaves it airbrushed and flawless. This also works great on my highlight brush with really getting the product to show on my skin. I know that there are multiple uses for this but that is how I use it. I recently ran out and poured my elf mist and set spray into the fix plus spray bottle and let me just say that it is a great inexpensive dupe. I love the fix plus but for what I want done, I don't mind going to ELF instead. Not to mention it is only $5!
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Chatham, Ontario

I do a lot of YouTube surfing to watch makeup videos. I watched one where someone used this Mac skin setting spray. she talked about how great it was and how awesome it smelled.
she sold me on it. I ended up purchasing it for way more than I should have and I was disappointed. when I used it it almost made my skin feel sticky and I only used about 3 sprays and sprayed far enough from my face. but it just didn't have a good consistency.
the one thing I did like about it was the smell. it smells amazing!
I don't think I'd ever purchase this again. and I didn't do my research before hand and realized they test on animals which I don't entirely agree with.
some people love this stuff, but for me I'd say it's a no go.
Courtney V.
Courtney V.
Sewickley, PA

So, I put off buying this because I figured it was just a ploy to get me to spend $23 bucks... but you guys, I'm so sad I didn't get it sooner! I have combination skin, that leans more towards dry. This has been heavenly on my skin, it feels refreshing when applying it, and I really enjoy the smell too. I've noticed a significant difference in my makeup from the way it looks (10X smoother and flawless!) and in how long my makeup lasts before I look like I need a touch up. I can make it all day and still look nearly flawless with this stuff. Amazing. And, even if you spray a lot each day, I swear it never goes away. $23 bucks well spent for a bottle that lasts forever and makes you look airbrushed. BUY THIS!
Alena H.
Alena H.

I bought this because it was raved about everywhere on social media. I use it to increase pigmentation on eyeshadows or to make a pigment super intense (spray it on the brush before applying). But my favorite use is spraying it all over my face after I'm done with my foundation and powder products. I have dry/combination skin, so it helps relieve an overly dry look from the skin but doesn't make it look too dewy or oily. Also, I know it's not a setting spray, but I find it does help my makeup stay in place, and most definantely helps it transfer less, because it makes it settle into the skin better. I love Fix+ so much! Never used to want to spend over 20$ on a spray but it's become one of my must haves.
River F.
River F.
Honesdale, PA

I'm very very picky with my setting sprays and primers. I've gone through so many I've lost track. but I can honestly say I think I finally found the holy grail of setting sprays. I use it as a primer firsy, then sp Ray my beauty blender with it enough to moisten it then apply my foundation with it, then too it all off with anothee spray to set it. and let me tell you this stuff helps my makeup stay like none other. I'm a waitress who works long hours so I need my makeup to stay as long as possible. it doesn't make my skin oily which is also a huge plus. I love love love this spray. it works great for my sesitove skin as well, never causing blemishes or acne. this is the perfect setting spray!
Jaimee A.
Jaimee A.
Mississauga, ON

I don't know why they advertise this as a setting spray because it doesn't deliver what you need from a setting spray. Don't get me wrong, I do like this product, but not for setting. I use it to give my face hydration when I feel my makeup is getting too heavy or caked. This is perfect for that time at the end of the day when you have powdered your face a bunch of times and you look caked on. Just a quick spray of this and your makeup will be refreshed and melt all that cakiness away. Keep in mind though that once you spray this, it will make you look oily faster than usual. I love the smell of this too and I've heard a lot of people say this is a great toner but I have not tried it for that.
Brittany D.
Brittany D.

I absolutely love this spray. I get oily and I still swear by it. It's so insanely versatile. You can spray it directly onto your brush to make your highlight pop even more, you can spray it all over your face before foundation to add a bit of moisture and get a subtle glow, you can spray it all over your face after completing your makeup to take away any powdery texture and make it look more skin like, also spray a bit more to get a nice glow. You can even use this for shadows to make them apply more foiled or pigmented.
Once you get this spray, you'll keep finding new ways to use it and wonder how you lived without it! Trust me. Also, the bottle lasts forever. Sooooo worth the money!
Dee A.
Dee A.
Markham, Ontario

I've used this product for the past two years and I have nothing bad to say about it. For a person with dry skin who loves the dewy skin look this product has been amazing for me. I usually spritz it all over my face as soon as I'm done my makeup. It adds a glow and makes my makeup blend together seamlessly. It also gets rid of that that powdery finish on the skin. It sprays a nice fine mist all over the face. I also use this to make highlight more intense. I will spray my face, wait until it's a little damp and then go in with my highlighter. It makes it a big difference if you want a more intense glow. I definitely recommend this to anyone as a finishing touch on your makeup.
Léa-Jeanne T.
Léa-Jeanne T.

So I've heard mixed reviews about this product, I would not say that it is a primer so i think that may be why there are some bad reviews, i absolutely love this product and when i have ran out i will be purchasing it again. It is a little pricey for £18 a bottle but it has lasted me a few months so i think that it is worth it.

I usually spray this onto my beauty blender before using it, when its mixed with foundation it gives a nice smooth finish - I also use it to set my make up once i am finished. When using powder I feel like that product really helps to reduce the 'powdery' look that i sometimes get when using various powders.

I would definitely recommend this product
Alli M.
Alli M.
Suwanee, GA

Wow ok. I never thought I would try a Mac product due to the fact that they are not cruelty free. However I kept seeing this in everyone's YouTube videos. I tried it and I think I will reorder every time I run out. The smell is nice first of all...unlike other sprays. This intensifies eyeshadows so much. I will include pictures (left swatches are w/o fix+ and right is with fix+) as you can see it makes a giant difference. Swatches are from the ABH modern Renaissance palette, BH cosmetics highlight palette, and the Pür face palette. This is awesome. I bought it for $17 because you get free shipping and 20% off when you sign up. (Also don't mind my kitty scratch on my arm)
Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
patty a.
bronx, ny

What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Lorena J.