BY MAC COSMETICS #2 in Face Primer

A Lightweight Mist Of Water Packed With Vitamins And Minerals, Infused With A Blend Of Green Tea, Chamomile And Cucumber To Gently Soothe And Refresh The Skin. Gives An Instant Boost Of Hydration While Delivering A Soft Sheen To Refresh And Finish Makeup.

Key Claims And Benefits

Usage:

• Hold Bottle 12 Inches Away From Face And Spray Evenly
  • Mist On To Freshly Washed Skin To Hydrate Before Applying Moisturiser
  • Mist On Top Of Foundation To Finish Makeup And Add A Glow
  • Mist On To Skin Throughout The Day For An Instant Boost Of Hydration And To Refresh Makeup.

MAC Prep + Prime Fix+
  • "kind of expensive but worth it i always have to have this and it sets and fix’s and primes i have oily skin and it makes my make up last longer and it’s great to add a little spray to some highlight or eyeshadow for more intense color" in 1154 reviews
  • "love the spray ,easy to apply so hydrating even after makeupnapplication its hydrating and it sets the makeup amd can be used as a primer! a bit expensive !" in 433 reviews
Rabia M.
Fairfax, VA
I would give this a great rating because once your make up is done or if you want to include it with your foundation it makes your makeup last longer and dries quickly. It give you a really nice finished touch. I would recommend it because even though it is a decent price, it is a big bottle. It does give you a bit of a dewey look, so if you are looking for a matte look, maybe try a setting powder or brush your powder brush over your face after spraying it.

I haven't tried the Urban Decay spray to see how it compares, but I have tried the Mario Rose spray and for everyday I use Mario, for special events I use MAC.
Emma D.
When I first bought this product I questioned why I payed so much for spray that seemed like water and ended up returning it. But I ended up repurchasing this product and fell in love. I use this as a setting spray once I have completed my makeup look and it looks flawless. This spray hydrates your face and smoothes it over completely, evening out your makeup. This product also can be used before applying makeup to help hydrate the skin (whether dry or oily skin) which I do sometimes too. This spray allows one to always look hydrated and always have perfect makeup. I would recommend this product to anyone.
Yenisis O.
El Paso
I've used this product under my makeup, over my makeup, and alone. It definitely primes the skin, but I'd say it gives you a more natural finish. It is known as a finishing spray rather than setting spray, and it lives true to that. Definitely removes any cakeyness. I have also sprayed this on to my sponge to "finish" my foundation or make my highlight pop on my cheekbones, rather than just directly spraying my face. It's also a perfect hydrating mist you can keep in your purse on the go. It gives your skin a subtle glow, which is perfect when you want a natural look or when you want to make your highlight pop. If you're willing to splurge, I recommend this! You get a good amount of product that will last you for a while. I do not recommend this if you have oily skin and you're looking for something that will mattify you're skin. I've had oily combination skin years ago (currently dry combination) and this spray made me quite dewy back then, compared to now
Callie G.
I love this product! This is a very versatile product, you can use it for so many different things and it is great in every situation. I most often use it to help intensify shimmery eye shadows and help them to stick to my eyelids better, and it works so well for this! I can't put on a shimmery eye shadow without using this spray anymore, they just don't look as good without it. It is also good as a quick primer. I had this used on me as a primer for a wedding that I was in when it was 90 something degrees outside last summer (lots of sweating going on with outdoor pictures, which is obviously disasterous for hair and makeup), but my makeup stayed in place through the sweat and tears that day flawlessly! I have been using it as a primar occasionally since then and love it that way too. It can also be used as a setting mist, however I don't really like to use it this way because I have other setting sprays that I feel work better for this step in my makeup application. It can also help to intensify a highlight just like how it's used for eyeshadow. All in all, this is a product I definitely recommend to anyone. You especially need it if you want your eyeshadow to apply and wear better than ever!
Michaela R.
Lawrence Park
I love the packaging, the sprayer in this is amazing! I actually really love the formula, but I do feel like it is misunderstood. This isnt a setting spray, its a finishing spray. It is meant to melt your makeup together, not make it stay in place. I love using this for my shadows and as a primer as well as to melt everything together when I am done. That being said, the price point is really unappealing. The full size is 3oz and its 26 dollars. That will barely last me 3 weeks. 26 dollars 1-2 times per month just seems like a bit much to me, especially for something that can easily be skipped.
Michelle M.
Rego Park, NY
Today, I received this in the mail, I bought two since it was half price in ULTA, I bought it for $13 not the original price which is great. I have usen this in the past and it is simply amazing, it really hydrates your face. For some people this would be even more great if they have dry skin when they have makeup on. I’m so excited to use this. !!
Jennifer S.
Ohio
This was the first setting spray I ever tried and although others have come along making me forget about it a little, it’s a classic product that stays on my vanity. I love it for setting my makeup and helping me out when I feel I went a little heavy handed and look cakey. It helps bring the dew back to my skin. It is a refreshing spray and the sprayer is a good one. I love the scent of this as well. It is great for wetting your brush before applying shimmer eyeshadows or applying shadow as liner on the lower lashline. Definitely a multi use product and good bang for the buck!
Andrea M.
Chandler, AZ
I will swear up & down by this setting spray!! I had the worst time with urban decay & then I tried using rose water to set, but that was a no go, I tried NYX & countless others & don’t get the result like I do with MAC!! I feel like it doesn’t leave me sticky (like rose water) but it keeps my makeup locked & set all day!! I notice the best result when I do my primer first & the do a light mist, & then do my make up & finish with a tad heavier mist (little bit closer to the face). You want to go in a clock like motion when applying it so you get all angles & I usually fan afterwards so anything left in the air that’s falling is kinda heading back to my face!
Stephanie B.
This has so many amazing reviews, and is so popular for a reason. I have tried (cheap) setting sprays before, and I never understood the hype. If anything, those other sprays made my makeup crack faster. But this spray makes powder products look absolutely flawless and very skin like. I finally made the jump because I got half off with Ultas 21 days of beauty, but now I can't see myself living without this product. It makes eyeshadows pop, and it blends together all the powders on the face to look really seamless. It's a great product and I'm hoping to try the scented ones soon!
Sarah L.
Canoga Park, CA
Refreshing, multi-purpose
This spray is great. I use it every time I do my makeup. I spray it on my beauty sponge and it helps me blend out my concealer. I spritz it on my eyeshadow brushes to make certain eyeshadows look metallic. I’ll spray this over my face after I powder and it knocks down the powder look and makes it blend in with my skin. Sometimes I spray it on my face with no makeup on if my skin feels dry. I’ve tried the original and the lavender scent. I love the scent of lavender and this smells lovely and almost like a hint of cologne. It dissipates quickly so you’re face won’t smell like that beyond application. I truly love this spray.
Holly H.
Is this product good for dry skin??
patty a.
What is your favorite way of using this product besides to set your face?
Michele M.