Add a Photo

Photos (310)
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH

Finally broke down and bought a bottle of this fix + in March of this year. I think I paid $18.00 for it but could be wrong on that. I have several "drugstore" priced setting sprays that work for what I need them to do but wanted to see why this was such a cult classic. It is a very versatile product but I mainly use it as a setting spray, to calm down any powdery or cakey issues, to wet my eyeshadow brushes when I want a more intense look out of my lid shades, and on zero makeup days to refresh my skin after a shower or after being out in heat and humidity. I will repurchase this every time I run out and gladly pay the "higher end" price. It is a staple for me, only con I have is that because the way it's packaged I don't find it to be travel friendly so it just doesn't leave my vanity.
Dana S.
Dana S.

If you don't have this in your life, do yourself a favor and run to your nearest Mac counter right now to get this Fix +! I am telling you, if I could bathe in this stuff I probably would lol. This is such a lifesaver in so many ways I couldn't live without it. I spray this over my face when I make the mistake of applying too much concealer, too much powder or anything and it takes the cake right away! I even spray this on my damp beautyblender in order to prevent my makeup from caking up in the first place! I also spray my eyeshadow brushes with this if I want a shadow to be more pigmented for it makes the shadow more intense. I just spray it and dip it into the shadow and it works amazingly. For only $22, you get magic in a bottle and I recommend this to everyone who is a makeup lover.
Johanna G.
Johanna G.

Seriously a must have in any makeup kit! It's one of those multi purpose items... I use this in so many different ways, I sometimes hydrate my face before my makeup application with a few sprays, for eyeshadow intensity, i give my brush or beauty blender a few sprays for my foundation on concealer application, if your face is feeling a little over powdery in other words cakey-like give it a few spray and it'll soak up any extra product but my most favorite way to use this product is right before my highlight application! I spray a generous amount onto my face as soon as my face makeup is done but right before the highlight give it a few secs and before the fix+ fully dries then I go onto apply the highlighter of my choice. It seriously makes a difference and I swear by this stuff !
Rachel H.
Rachel H.

Holy grail. Loml. My all time favorite product. A++++
I am totally head over heals on this product. It has possibly fixed my whole entire existence. Some say it's overpriced water, but it really some sort of magical water that is multi-purpose. And honestly, you can use this for intensity eyeshadow, smooth transition for bronzer, foundation, set face, prime skin, etc. This is great for either skin type, dry, combo, or oily because all my friends have used the bottle I have. My favorite thing is to set my face with this wonderful water. The only thing I could complain about is the spray application, it's kind of hard to use when you lock and unlock it. But overall, great price for how much you can use it and how much realistic function you can enable from it.
Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.
Edmonton

I bought this product having heard excellent reviews on it, and honestly, I don't really understand what the big hype is all about. Especially for the price. I really felt like this "setting" spray made my makeup look worse, and not last as long as when I didn't use it. I have oily skin, and I feel like it allowed my oils to seep through more throughout the day than usual. The only good thing this product is for, is applying loose eyeshadows and pigments. it works wonders for that. Not only does the eye products stick better, but the products become more pigmented. so if you're just looking for something to apply pigments and shadows with, you might like this. But for the price, I don't think it's worth it. I probably won't be buying this again.
Avani P.
Avani P.

I absolutely love this spray. I have combination and blemished skin. Any excess of products or overly thick foundations immediately give me cake face, layering certain products gives my skin a weird texture. I've tried all kinds of setting powders and sprays. This spray in combination with the Laura Mercier translucent setting powder does wonders. It meshes in the layers of products on my face, I use as little layers as possible, but this helps combine the contour, highlight, the concealer and foundation to look like it's one single layer. I love the finish it gives me. Sometimes my skin is extra oily in areas and that's what the Laura Mercier powder helps tame better. I've repurchased and repurchased this product. No regrets at all.
Joahn D.
Joahn D.
Galloway, NJ

Wow I really did not expect to fall in love with this product the way I did. I saw so many people on YouTube talking about this spray, and I didn't believe it was worth the hype. Boy was I wrong. I really thought it was just water in a bottle, thinking I could make my own at home. When I gave in and bought this product it was amazing. My makeup did not smear off onto my clothes like it normally does, and it did not budge. My makeup looked so even and smooth, very air brushes. I spray it on my bare face and add a moisturizer and primer since I have very dry skin. Do not use it alone always add moisturizers see. This is a must have in my makeup bag, it makes a major difference. Love love love this product, I can not get enough.
Kelsie C.
Kelsie C.

OK, so this is seriously one of the best products that Mac has created. I use this after I finish my makeup to add moisture back into my skin since it's sometimes have a powdery look from all of the setting powders etc. and then I press my makeup in with a sponge which leaves it airbrushed and flawless. This also works great on my highlight brush with really getting the product to show on my skin. I know that there are multiple uses for this but that is how I use it. I recently ran out and poured my elf mist and set spray into the fix plus spray bottle and let me just say that it is a great inexpensive dupe. I love the fix plus but for what I want done, I don't mind going to ELF instead. Not to mention it is only $5!
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Chatham, Ontario

I do a lot of YouTube surfing to watch makeup videos. I watched one where someone used this Mac skin setting spray. she talked about how great it was and how awesome it smelled.
she sold me on it. I ended up purchasing it for way more than I should have and I was disappointed. when I used it it almost made my skin feel sticky and I only used about 3 sprays and sprayed far enough from my face. but it just didn't have a good consistency.
the one thing I did like about it was the smell. it smells amazing!
I don't think I'd ever purchase this again. and I didn't do my research before hand and realized they test on animals which I don't entirely agree with.
some people love this stuff, but for me I'd say it's a no go.
Courtney V.
Courtney V.
Sewickley, PA

So, I put off buying this because I figured it was just a ploy to get me to spend $23 bucks... but you guys, I'm so sad I didn't get it sooner! I have combination skin, that leans more towards dry. This has been heavenly on my skin, it feels refreshing when applying it, and I really enjoy the smell too. I've noticed a significant difference in my makeup from the way it looks (10X smoother and flawless!) and in how long my makeup lasts before I look like I need a touch up. I can make it all day and still look nearly flawless with this stuff. Amazing. And, even if you spray a lot each day, I swear it never goes away. $23 bucks well spent for a bottle that lasts forever and makes you look airbrushed. BUY THIS!
Lorena J.
Lorena J.

Holly H.
Holly H.

Is this product good for dry skin??
Nicolette M.
Nicolette M.
Grand Rapids, MI

Is this the best setting spray out there? Or is there a comparable one that costs less money?
F H.
F H.

mac prep and primehighlighter suppose to be watery consistance??
Michele M.